Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa (11192 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Gov. Amaechi Visits Lamido In Jigawa / I Have Reason To Believe Wike And Amaechi Are Working Together-Prince Tonye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by ektbear: 10:23am On May 26, 2011
Why build skyscraper in a place where land is cheap as heck and abundant?

It isn't like Dutse is NYC, Lagos or a city like that.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by zeeleso(f): 10:56am On May 26, 2011
Jigawa state is heavily in debts though. Saminu turaki collected a lot of loans for so many projects. Most of them were carried out @ over-bloated figures. I havnt followed the adminstration of Lamido but i like what i see.

@ OP one of those pictures u posted is not a housing estate per say, its the staff quarters for the Jigawa state institute of information technology.

Dring turaki's regime, the government released funds for laptops to be shared to all jigawa Indigenes of that institute. The laptops(the pricing is another scam on its own) were published in newspapers but only very few students who had connections were able to get it while the official funds released was calculated by laptop per person .
Once we went to visit one the top officers @ the Basic Education. . bla bla. And his three wives all had a piece of these laptops, they dont know how to operate it, and they kept on calling on my friend to help them change the music from one hausa song to another. I was soo angry. I had my c++ project to complete and i was suffering going to the virus-infested lab computers where of course ur work wasn't safe(too many people who knew how to crack all security measures) just to get the work done.

Kudos to Lamido sha.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 26, 2011
I am not convinced about this governor.

For me the jury is still out.

What is he doing for the poor masses?
Is the free education accessible to everyone?

Why are the houses only available to top civil servants?

Has he built or repaired roads

What has he done to reduce crime and improve security

What initiatives has he taken to improve power?

I want to be sure he is not just a media savvy governor that would put his name on housing projects to get credit where he does not really deserve it?

My doubts about whether he was just trying to fool the public was raised when I saw the motor tricycle "assembly" plant which had no evidence of any assembly going on. Only few tricycles mounted on tracks gathering dust.

someone called him a quiet achiever, maybe he is quiet because he knows he is not achieving
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by dplordx(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2011
;d
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by jmaine: 1:17pm On May 26, 2011
dplordx:

Fashola is been overpraised by the useless Yorubas, the guy is nothing but a big con.
Im sure if hes the one who built all these road, you would see several toll gates all over.
BRF is only concerned in white elephant projects that could allow him and his useless godfather to loot blindly

Brother abeg chillax now . . . : cheesy
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by THEAMAKA(f): 1:55am On May 29, 2011
THANK YOU! i said this on another thread and some acted as if Jigawa state didn't exist. lol
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Amhatu(m): 2:32am On May 29, 2011
@13volts (m) , Thanks for showing the Great Nigerian Architecture on second pic from your post # (78).
This is great Work & Nice to look at.

Thanks for sharing Bros.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by cvibe: 11:42am On May 29, 2011
@ Poster,

Until i see pictures of Almanjiris in those classrooms, studying and learning how to speak English, use Computers etc that's when I'll say your Gov is making a change. Of what use is a building when the supposed occupants are on the streets begging for food and survival

1 Like

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 3:10pm On May 29, 2011
cvibe:

@ Poster,

Until i see pictures of Almanjiris in those classrooms, studying and learning how to speak English, use Computers etc that's when I'll say your Gov is making a change. Of what use is a building when the supposed occupants are on the streets begging for food and survival
cvibe:

@ Poster,

cvibe link=topic=675148.m
sg8413907#msg8413907 date=1306665740:

@ Poster,

you wIll surfly see.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Iolo(m): 9:28pm On May 29, 2011
I must say Sule Lamido has done a lot for his people. Roads are largely tarred throughout the state, education is free in most schools (including books and uniforms), health care is really cheap (compared to southern hospitals) and they have a number of poverty empowerment programs going on.
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Iolo(m): 9:29pm On May 29, 2011
@13volts,

where in Jigawa do you live?
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2011
gida dubu qtrs yadi. dutse
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Nobody: 10:51am On May 30, 2011
Can we see the photo evidence?
of infrastrucrural development (other than Housing schemes which may easily be 95% privately funded)

Show us photographic evidence on initiatives for improving security, healthcare, commerce and electricity.

There is a lack of photographic evidence (other than handful housing projects for senior civil servants , which is only partly funded by governor).
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by oladayo042: 7:49pm On May 30, 2011
Iolo:

I must say Sule Lamido has done a lot for his people. Roads are largely tarred throughout the state, education is free in most schools (including books and uniforms), health care is really cheap (compared to southern hospitals) and they have a number of poverty empowerment programs going on.
poverty empowerment or poverty eradication? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by THEAMAKA(f): 7:50pm On May 30, 2011
oladayo042:

poverty empowerment or poverty eradication? shocked shocked shocked
i had to LOL at that one. cheesy
Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 30, 2011
How many of the average citizens can afford those houses?
bar the upper and middle classes
Too many misplaced priorities. . .
education, security should be tackled too

1 Like

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by Nobody: 12:46am On May 31, 2011
No hard evidence of what this governor has achieved.

Joint housing projects with private developers do not count, the housing is reserved for senior civil servants (there is a hint of corruption right there)

Claims of free education are as yet unsubstantiated.

1 Like

Re: Think Only Fashola & Amaechi Are Doing Wonders? Check Out Sule Lamido In Jigawa by 13volts(m): 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: I Won't Step Down For Sherrif - Markafi / We Want War Nnamdi Kanu Shows His Men Today PICS / Twitter Says Discussions With FG Have Been "Respectful And Productive"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.