Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year (14696 Views)

. / Rihanna-rude Boy Vs Taio Cruz-break Your Heart / Taio Cruz Like A Lot Of Black Men, Doesn't Value Black Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by ifyalways(f): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2011
lol
No one is talking abt the winning song anymore . . .love me nairaland!
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by Jackieugo(f): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2011
Wonderful news kiss
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by Ibomade1: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2011
Nice Song
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by naijangel7(f): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2011
The hottest rapper in the UK is Tinie Tempah and he has Nigerian roots as well.We should be careful the way we identify with these non-Nigerians of Nigerian lineage because they never view them selves as Nigerians like Akon sees himself as a Senegalese.Sade is the greatest of these people.Seal,Chamillionaire,Ne-Yo,Lighthouse family etc have made much impact in the world of music but never rep Naija.

Red one is a Morrocan.Buster Rhymes is a Jamaican.Biggie has Jamaican roots but we know Bob Marley and his children as the true rep of Jamaica.

So 4k Sade.4kNe-Yo.4k Chamillionaire and which ever Nigerian that is not proud of his roots.I even dislike Taio Cruz more because he seems to lean more to his Brazilian side maybe because he thinks Nigerians are ugly.So 4k him.

@Abagworo, i don't know where you got your info from, but sade ALWAYS talks about her Nigerian roots and as at 2003 she still visited her folks in Ibadan.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by prometheus(m): 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2011
Just wondering if this thread would have been created if Taio Cruz is a notorious criminal of Nigerian and Brazilian parentage.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by kosoko00: 11:20pm On Jun 05, 2011
This shouldn't be an issue. Make everyone just chillout and enjoy his success whether im be Naij, English or Brazilan.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by ADEOMOLE(m): 12:18am On Jun 06, 2011
Taio Cuz is a British singer. I don't know why we lay claim to what is not our own.
In the 80s we laid claim to Shade Adu.

These people don't represent Nigeria in anyway.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by zstranger: 1:13am On Jun 06, 2011
ifyalways:

lol
No one is talking abt the winning song anymore . . .love me nairaland!

Hey ify:

How did Wizardofoz do on this thread?

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest and ten the highest, how would you rate Wizardofoz on Delivery, presentation, calmness and counterpoints?

Please be honest Ok.

Love you always!
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 06, 2011
Taio is a good singer.

Wale was born in USA, but we still see him as Nigerian.
If we go by the standards that people are laying out here, just because they were not born in Nigeria, then 99% of Nigerians in the Foreign celeb status would not be Nigerians.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 06, 2011
Taio Cruz is just another Nigerian abroad. No need to disclaim him ahaha, he doesnt even care about you ppl.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrK6N4db-ik?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by NaijaPoPo: 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
@MRBrown JAY
thank you my brother, Nigerians just love to claim. Because he is popular now, Oh and to show you how we're all one Nigeria, its not Ok that he's Nigerian, he is a full blown Yoruba, Oh and the igbos have their own Neyo. LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by Sharon6(f): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2011
Check out www.facebook.com/taiocruz
Even his Taio according τ̲̅ȍ his fbk page is pronounced Ty-o
Na him sabi if he rep Nigeria or not. We've got our Celebs who rep 9ja fully let's celebrate them and leave Tayo alone abeg.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by Koolking(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
Why are we hurling bottles at one another for these guys who can never be proud of their origins. Whether you care or not, these guys are not representing Nigeria. They can never claim they are part Nigerians. I can only congratulate them for achieving their feats just for the fact that I am a fan to them and a BIG one at that; but not because they were born with Nigerian names. pls, cut the crab. Tell any of them in the face and get sued.

However, these guys are my sensational artists. I am proud of them.

CONGRATULATIONS Taio Cruz
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by kelz88(f): 12:01am On Dec 03, 2011
He mentioned Nigeria in his new song Tatoo.

Hey girl
Tell me what your name is
I'm just tryna find out
What your game is
And I can make you famous
Show you how we go down
Hell yeah
I'm serious
I'm just tryna fly you to Nigeria
And show you everything luxurious
Show you how it goes down

[s]Maybe he saw this thread and decided to mention Naija in his latest album.[/s] Guess he's "flying the flag".
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by ajekpaks(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
I Won Laugh Die, I Laugh from my Chair to the floor to my bed, Laughing when I entered the toilet Pisssing and when I was taking my bath, Oh Boy, I wan die oh, choi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

but My question na, Did WikI and some of these sites employ Nigerians to be slipping in Nigerian Names to these people? who is responsible for leaking these names in the first place, How did it come to be that Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere was added to Taio's Name hence causing all this wahala self,

Well I take it that there has to be an element of truth in every rumour, say maybe When NeYo's mom was giving birth the Nurse might be a Nigerian and she looked and NeYo and said Oh, Chimere Oma, grin grin and NeYo's mom inquired what it meant and felt it was good to name Neyo so,

As for Taio, I don't know Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere is too long to be added without reason, maybe when he grew he just decided to remove it totally and add Jacobs because it's more easy, I dont know, Just speculating foolishlyy since that's what we do here, grin grin
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by mikuz(m): 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2011
^ you really need a rest.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by chic2pimp(m): 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2011
ajekpaks:

I Won Laugh Die, I Laugh from my Chair to the floor to my bed, Laughing when I entered the toilet Pisssing and when I was taking my bath, Oh Boy, I wan die oh, choi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

but My question na, Did WikI and some of these sites employ Nigerians to be slipping in Nigerian Names to these people? who is responsible for leaking these names in the first place, How did it come to be that Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere was added to Taio's Name hence causing all this wahala self,

Well I take it that there has to be an element of truth in every rumour, say maybe When NeYo's mom was giving birth the Nurse might be a Nigerian and she looked and NeYo and said Oh, Chimere Oma, grin grin and NeYo's mom inquired what it meant and felt it was good to name Neyo so,

As for Taio, I don't know Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere is too long to be added without reason, maybe when he grew he just decided to remove it totally and add Jacobs because it's more easy, I dont know, Just speculating foolishlyy since that's what we do here, grin grin
LWKMD!!! grin grin grin
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by tpia5: 2:22am On Dec 11, 2011
is this ajekpaks alright?

have you ever heard of stage name or what's this nonsense you typed about someone's real name?
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by ObiomaA: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2011

Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by tpia5: 11:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
definitely looks like you.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by JgregeJung: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2011
Page 3 and counting, Wow this is amazing. angry sad
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by OmoUSH(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2013
Very pigish ignorant set of dunderheads. Those people you are screaming their names are multiracial. For instance, Neyo is of Chinese, America and africa origin. Wale was named a yoruba name simply cos he was born in Nigeria, and etc.
Re: Taio Cruz Flies Flag For Nigeria. Wins Billboard Hot 100 Song Of The Year by OmoUSH(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2013
,Very pigish ignorant set of dunderheads. Those people you are screaming their names are multiracial. For instance, Neyo is of Chinese, America and africa origin. Wale was named a yoruba name simply cos he was born in Nigeria, and etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? / Where To Download Yoruba Evergreen Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.