Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops (19814 Views)

Military Arrests Goni Fandam, ISWAP Informant Who Spies On Troops' Movements / Troops Avert Deadly Attack On Worshippers At Katsina Mosque / Boko Haram: NAF Pounds Sect In Metele, Location Of Deadly Attack On Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by deedo93(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2021
Bandits sef get thuraya
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Glycolite: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2021
Curious345:
Troops should be using thuraya satellite phones.

Corrupt pot bellied generals, swallow all cash and left no crumbs for the boys...

Greedy green

Exactly.
How can a whole military formations at the forefront ,waging war against terrorists don't have an accessible satellite phones for communication ?
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Jorge91: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://dailytrust.com/how-communication-failure-caused-deadly-attack-on-troops-in-zamfara
How will front line fighters have only their mobile phones, after blocking the phone lines walkie talkie have to be provided to all military personnel irrespective of the rank for swift communication.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 14, 2021
The people living in the Northern region and rural areas of Nigeria were confirmed to be the poorest according to research. Poverty has also been increasing in the North and Northwest areas of the country as they account for 87% of poor people in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by BelovedofLord: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2021
The terrorists you pampered & pardoned, coming back to hunt you people, down!

1 Like

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Ofuloju1(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Buhari is a failure

1 Like

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Daniel61111: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2021
How much is walkie-talkie that Federal Government cannot provide 4 its frontline troops abeg ?
Omo anybody that will open dia mouths to defend this failure of an administration is a bastard.
If u can't provide common communications lines for your troops, na bullets or better hardware u go provide?

3 Likes

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Terrence99: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2021
If the government can't buy walkie talkies for our security agents, let them let us know. I will personally donate 30 Units for a start. Useless government that can't buy comms tools for security agents but can buy Hilux for bandits.

1 Like

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Omen jst imagine say you dey shoot gun your phone ring you come use 1 hand dey shoot d oda dey ur ear wit phone grin
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Dronedude(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Your so called act of wisdom can be the foolishness you would have avoided to your downfall.

Who does that? You cut off network communication to combat bandits that stay in thick forest with little or no network and probably use satellite phones which they acquired with the money government gave them?

That wasn't a good strategy.

1 Like

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Daniel61111: 11:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Failure is the bedrock of this administration...the worst I have had to experience.
Infact bubu & his thieving Generals na curse to Nigerians
Glycolite:

Exactly.
How can a whole military formations at the forefront ,waging war against terrorists don't have an accessible satellite phones for communication ?

1 Like

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by loliapoopy2013(f): 11:20am On Sep 14, 2021
I don't want to be reading these heartbreaking news. You rarely hear goodness in Nigeria.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2021
Probably the reason why they cut communication in the first place.

So as to decimate the security forces present.

Isn't it obvious enough that these people have the full and total backing of the Buhari administration?

I shudder to think what they are planning for the rest of us in 2022.

1 Like

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by foreverproduct: 11:22am On Sep 14, 2021
BleedTears:
I remember someone said, blocking network in order to apprehend terrorist sorry bandits.

Is like seeing a snake in your room at night and then you off lights, in order to be able to kill it.

Correctly put!
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Tinyemeka(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://dailytrust.com/how-communication-failure-caused-deadly-attack-on-troops-in-zamfara

This current administration is a systematically failed one.

All the signs are there.

I can swear that anyone who disagrees with me has a serious lack of knowledge about how effective organizations are run.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Chris525: 11:23am On Sep 14, 2021
There are hardly no cons where there are pros. The attack on the base is regrettable but it is called collateral damage. Even if the army waged war on even the agberos in Lagos no matter the amount of agbero they kill, a couple of soldiers may die. Because agberos killed a couple of soldiers won’t mean they won the fight.

This doesn’t in anyway diminish the work achieved so far by the army against bandits. People on ground/locals will tell you the true story. A lot of bandits are dead. A lot are on the run or not as free as they were.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Wokenaija: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2021
Bro no hope o! At this rate it’s hard to see Nigeria making it to 2023.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Bigchristo: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2021
lalasticlala:

Nigeria is a very funny country
You block network communication to fight bandits and let it boomerang, bandits now use it to counter the military, such a colossal mess, when the government is rehabilitating and recruiting captured Boko Haram into military what where they expecting? They’re planting a potential mole to leak out their information that’s exactly what is going on in the military we should tell ourselves the truth the government isn’t ready to flush out this people yet.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Batino: 11:29am On Sep 14, 2021
Too many bosses in Nigeria without clear-cut strategy with coordination. Does Buhari even read before signing memo?
Only in Nigeria you will have that kind leaders who can not do critical thinking before decisions are made
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by guru90: 11:29am On Sep 14, 2021
StRichard:
Seems bandits are more coordinated than our so called troops

Na so brother...

Bandits de smart pass 9ja useless Army!!!
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Chris525: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2021
Don’t believe everything you read online.

The way the army works the person in charge will have to explain what happened and why those men died. Knowing how crooked the average Nigerian can be; these commanders begin to lie and blame factors that are not responsible to save face. You don’t need comms gadget to maintain position or protect your men.

If the heat was too much; there is always a pre-planned solution or move. It was a base and should have been fortified by the men on ground with what they had. No way there is no artillery on ground. The bandits didn’t disappear into the base they moved in. How did they not prepare or take notice to retaliate and repel the attack.

Do you know a lot of soldiers drop their guns and just flee at the sound of enemy fire? That’s talk for another day. A lot of them forget how crucial their assignment is and go about chasing young girls in these areas. Some of these girls work for bandits.

Its a complex situation my brother.

Terrence99:
If the government can't buy walkie talkies for our security agents, let them let us know. I will personally donate 30 Units for a start. Useless government that can't buy comms tools for security agents but can buy Hilux for bandits.

2 Likes

Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by dwilliams: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2021
Patanmi doing the lords work.. insaner climes a day with the gallows would have been booked for him
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by donsolo4u2c(m): 11:42am On Sep 14, 2021
PANTAMI AGAIN
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by FreedomArmy: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2021
And one idiot religion of peace preacher wants these guys to be granted amnesty? God forbid these people and their plans.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by SarkinYarki: 11:46am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
Probably the reason why they cut communication in the first place.

So as to decimate the security forces present.

Isn't it obvious enough that these people have the full and total backing of the Buhari administration?

I shudder to think what they are planning for the rest of us in 2022.

We warned that the network blackout was to give Bandits an edge and it's seems we are right
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Mandrake20(m): 11:54am On Sep 14, 2021
It's well with my people over there.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Emiya: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
its a lie... their sympathyzers want to trick nigerians into believing that the comms blackout is killing our troops..
which cant be true... they're probably lobbying this curropt govt to lift it so that their marauding terrorists can outwit the nigerian army..
what i still find shocking is that , members of the northern elites, the likes of Gumi and some Ex governors see the bandits as members of the nigerian state the should be protected from harm under the nigerian constitution..
The army should avoid such set backs in future and teach this guys a bitter lesson so that we can set a deterrence against this organized northern/sahelian madness..
iPOB folks are just jittery bcs this is the very strategy thatll befall them if their own madness too cross the line..
They'd not have internet to spread any propaganda when the time comes for cheap international sympathy that will not come..
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Temzy1014(m): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
The government blocked communication and then not providing the security personel communication gadgets to bypass the block. And those security operatives where killed. Very pathetic!!.
My question why was telecommunication networks jammed in the first place.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Sammerboi: 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
I pity any youth from the south is still wanna join this yeye outfit called Nigerian army. These Fulani terrorists are much sophisticated than the military.
Re: Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops by Lazenby007(m): 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Pantami and Gumi had a meeting with the bandits and told them of government's plan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari / My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. / APC Rejects Benue South Rerun Result, Protest To INEC Office (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.