Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live (33912 Views)

Inter Milan Vs AC Milan UCL (1 - 0) On 16th May 2023 / AC Milan Vs Inter Milan UCL (0 - 2) - Live / Chelsea Vs AC Milan UCL (3 - 0) On 5th October 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by uniquetechng: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2021
lajid:

The way you guys reason these things baffle me. Porto is isn’t a small club na, yes they are beatable but cut them some slack.
Same Porto Liverpool beat 0-5 in Portugal 2017/018 and 1-4 2018/019 , please stop hyping Porto because Liverpool knows how to handle teams like Porto.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2021
uniquetechng:
Lingard has always been an EPL player, and was very effective in his early years at United earning him a place in England world cup squad where he starred in all their matches.
He went to West Ham on loan last season and was their best player despite spending just 6 months there.
Y did he go on loan to west ham?
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by ofiko123(m): 9:01am On Sep 16, 2021
Up Liverpool, you shall never walk alone..
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2021
Minemrys:

There was nothing wrong with the lineup. He is coming from a long injury, he had an injury scare two times with Holland. The guy na human being. He plays today then you expect him to play on Saturday again when we have 3 other CBs. Check am. What if he got injured today? Then our season will be over. Those two goals weren't cause of Gomez but Trent and our Midfield overlapping. We shouldn't be too dependent on van Dijk, it cost as last season. And I hope klopp gets that. We shouldn't play safe. Try everything we got. That's what Tuchel and Guardiola do.
We've got a carling cup match with norwich nd whatever match we have on d weekend. If vvd was rested for this matches, it would mke a lotta sense. But with a ucl match against a.c milan, klopp must be stupid for even thinking abt it.

Like someone said, we were just lucky.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 9:06am On Sep 16, 2021
Minemrys:

U know say na Porto comot Juventus and were close to eliminating Chelsea last season...
They aren't a small team.
I knw. Bt we are nt juventus or chelsea.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2021
topmostg:
Baba Liverpool no go fit pay that kind money for Bellingham o. The price high small.
If we can get kounate for close to 40m, why nt bellingham for 70m.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by uniquetechng: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Silentgroper:
Y did he go on loan to west ham?
Because he lost form, he is 28 years and made his debut as a 17 years old academy graduate , so he has playing first team football since he was 17, under Mou he was one of the first in the team's sheet. You can't compare his situation to Haller's time at West Ham at all.
Jesse's has made 213 appearances for United, a player who didn't fit-in wouldn't make that much appearances for a club, and going on loan is not a bad thing as helps you to rediscover your form and regain confidence by playing regularly.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2021
uniquetechng:
Because he lost form, he is 28 years and made his debut as a 17 years old academy graduate , so he has playing first team football since he was 17, under Mou he was one of the first in the team's sheet. You can't compare his situation to Haller's time at West Ham at all.
Jesse's has made 213 appearances for United, a player who didn't fit-in wouldn't make that much appearances for a club, and going on loan is not a bad thing as helps you to rediscover your form and regain confidence by playing regularly.
But u said haller was playing regularly for 90min. What if while at west ham he lost form, the he got shipped back to ajax, he got his form back. Ur point was, epl was too difficult was y he couldnt perform. Is d reason y i brought up those player. Lingard had always been in d epl, did d league suddenly become to difficult 4 him or he was just short of confidence while at man.u ..
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2021
uniquetechng:
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by uniquetechng: 11:02am On Sep 16, 2021
Silentgroper:
But u said haller was playing regularly for 90min. What if while at west ham he lost form, the he got shipped back to ajax, he got his form back. Ur point was, epl was too difficult was y he couldnt perform. Is d reason y i brought up those player. Lingard had always been in d epl, did d league suddenly become to difficult 4 him or he was just short of confidence while at man.u ..
He didn't lose form, he couldn't adapt ,two different scenarios. He went back to Holland and scored brace the next day , and followed that with hattrick few days later and has been scoring almost every match for Ajax since them. He didn't lose form but couldn't adapt to EPL which he said himself in an interview.

Let me give you another example, some years back Marco Marin was mesmerising defenders in Bundesliga and was compared to Messi as he was nick-named German Messi. German media said he was the next big thing and Abrohimovic splashed the cash to bring him to Stamford bridge and was played regularly because of the transfer fee and the fanfare surrounding his arrival but dude never find his feet in England.

Mind you West Ham splashed £45m to sign him making him their most expensive player but was sold to Ajax for £20m that's less than half the amount they signed, not even profit like clubs make from their signing.

Do you know Barca signed Emerson from Beltis for €9m and sold him to Spurs for $36m in six months, clubs make profits from players not loses. West Ham losing that much on Haller should to tell you it was a deal gone wrong.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Greatfullheart: 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iliveforever:
Goal!!! Hendo baby
hahahahaha. YNWA Which one be hendo baby again?

Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Minemrys: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
Silentgroper:
We've got a carling cup match with norwich nd whatever match we have on d weekend. If vvd was rested for this matches, it would mke a lotta sense. But with a ucl match against a.c milan, klopp must be stupid for even thinking abt it.

Like someone said, we were just lucky.
You guys won't understand till something bad had happened. That squad was good enough, I don't get your probs. The only issue was how the players turned off in the end of first half, aside that Origi did well. Trent was the one at fault for the first Milan goal. Come to think of it, we did well last season without Vvd so what's the obsession with him. Besides did we not concede 7 with Vvd? Baba those guys are human. You can't play 3 times a week.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Minemrys:

You guys won't understand till something bad had happened. That squad was good enough, I don't get your probs. The only issue was how the players turned off in the end of first half, aside that Origi did well. Trent was the one at fault for the first Milan goal. Come to think of it, we did well last season without Vvd so what's the obsession with him. Besides did we not concede 7 with Vvd? Baba those guys are human. You can't play 3 times a week.
I guess you do not have a problem with yday's squad bcuz we luckily won d game. Hadnt been we losed, i bet dz wouldnt be ur rxn.
I just felt since we would playing less competitive teams in d epl nd carling, he could rest vvd in those games nd use fresh legs. Yesterday's game was a gamble even klopp admitted it.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by AnfieldFan: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Minemrys:

You should know by now that while Silentgroper means well, he does not understand that players ain't machines...For a tier 3 grade ACL injury, I didn't expect Virgil to be playing 90mins by this stage.....
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by AnfieldFan: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Silentgroper:
I guess you do not have a problem with yday's squad bcuz we luckily won d game. Hadnt been we losed, i bet dz wouldnt be ur rxn.
I just felt since we would playing less competitive teams in d epl nd carling, he could rest vvd in those games nd use fresh legs. Yesterday's game was a gamble even klopp admitted it.

What was lucky about yesterday's win man, na back of TV u d watch...We dominated, created chances again and again and finally put the game to bed....There was nothing lucky about that...
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
So it is safe to say salah could not adapt to epl while he was at chelsea. Also with debruyne. U mentioned something abt hw chelsea could nt wait 4 salah to adapt/ be in form, cant remember d exact words u used. Salah came back to the epl nd 4 some reason, he adapted to d league bt with another club. Now dz is where i'm driving with haller's case. Being in west ham might have hinder his performance rate, who knows d coach too might have placed alot of pressure on him. Age to might have been a factor to his un-adaptation but we never can tell. if he moves to epl joining anoda club with d right setting, d right coach, d right environment. He would just turn out well like salah nd debruyne. I knw u'd come up with the " chelsea had 32 players, so he had to go" if he was atleast performing to d taste of mou, he wouldnt have been let go. Same could be said 4 debruyne.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
AnfieldFan:

You should know by now that while Silentgroper means well, he does not understand that players ain't machines...For a tier 3 grade ACL injury, I didn't expect Virgil to be playing 90mins by this stage.....
Lol... I do understand d players are nt machine. But he only had a broken finger. It is nt some serious shiit.. Yeah.. I wouldnt be expecting he plays full game too. Probably should get pulled out in 80th min.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by AnfieldFan: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
Silentgroper:
Lol... I do understand d players are nt machine. But he only had a broken finger. It is nt some serious shiit.. Yeah.. I wouldnt be expecting he plays full game too. Probably should get pulled out in 80th min.

No bro... You're mistaken...He had a leg injury scare...He limped off the pitch...
Klopp had to call him to know what was wrong... Virgil assured Klopp that it was nothing...So you see...It wasn't just a broken finger...
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Silentgroper(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
AnfieldFan:

No bro... You're mistaken...He had a leg injury scare...He limped off the pitch...
Klopp had to call him to know what was wrong... Virgil assured Klopp that it was nothing...So you see...It wasn't just a broken finger...
Was it nt during d international break? ..
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Minemrys: 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Silentgroper:
Bros, yesterday match had nothing to do with the lineup. Similar things have happened with our regular eleven against Leeds last season and against Everton. We didn't win by luck to be honest, we were the ones that made things hard for ourselves. Our two CBs were solid, Trent caused the first goal by Milan. The second one was on the Midfield. The team switched off for 15 mins in the second half and Matip or Gomez isn't to blame.
You guys talk about a regular eleven, do you know Guardiola can bench his star players and still win his game? It's about getting the tactics right, and you can't keep expecting same squad to keep playing same pattern every time. It's only klopp that does that and it seems he is learning. If not, opponents can know our lineup and know what or how we plan to play. Yesterday he surprised everyone by playing a 4-4-2 formation in tactics as opposed to what he released on paper. We dominated the Midfield and played 2 strikers. Now that's surprising. Even in big games I would want a surprise, something no one expects cause from what I learnt last season, that was what helped us at the end, we started to play as a team and a squad. But when you have a constant eleven, each of your players are studied. That's why our famous front 3 are having problem. But Origi in and Jota in Midfield was surprising.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Minemrys: 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
AnfieldFan:

He also had a broken finger before then.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Minemrys: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
Silentgroper:
Now I see you don't get football tactics. It's risky pulling off a CB in a match and you can't do it when you have 3 subs to make, cause anything can happen in the game, a player from a different position may be tired, and you can't replace with a different player unless you want to change tactics, and you might need to change tactics and it might not require a CB, so you would take Vvd out to bring in a striker? Nah. Unless the game is won by say a 3 goal margin but even at that 80 mins is risky.
Come to think of it, are Matip and Gomez no longer good? Bros chill abeg, we did well with Philips in alot of games last season and it's Gomez you are complaining of. Klopp should play all our CBs abeg so there will be competition for places and everyone will have to sit up and not feel relaxed. That's what is happening to Mane, he is now relaxed cause we don't have forwards who Klopp is ready to put in games to bench him. Firmino started improving the minute Jota came in. Personally I prefer Guardiola and Tuchel style of not having a guaranteed starter in a starting eleven.
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by AnfieldFan: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
Minemrys:

He also had a broken finger before then.

I know...That's why I said it wasn't just a broken finger sustained during his tussle with Halaand....
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Iliveforever(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Greatfullheart:
hahahahaha. YNWA Which one be hendo baby again?
Omo if you know the relief that goal give me that moment ehh
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Rodwave: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
openmine:

but lets be honest,Origi tried esp for a player that hasn't played for a long time!
I wish i could bring back the origi of the EPL 2015/2016 session before he had that nasty injury against everton!

Definitely, he tried his best. But i think he lacks optimum match fitness.

I won't blame him much for obvious reason.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Rodwave: 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Athemisia:

How can you forget the Anfield gaint himself when calling for roll call

ATHEMISIA IS LIVERPOOL

YWNWA
No vex sir. YNWA

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Greatfullheart: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2021
Iliveforever:

Omo if you know the relief that goal give me that moment ehh
yeah, thats true!
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by Austema(m): 1:41am On Sep 18, 2021
Ayo2004:
Liverpool straight win..
I don borrow my October salary stake grin

Make una no lose this opportunity to cashout o
Giveaway after the match is over wink

Boss please drop anyamount for me, My account is reading Minus.

Wemabank

Thanks
Re: Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live by EcheijaOne(m): 7:19am On Sep 18, 2021
If looking for a way to make extra money on university campus, I would advise to start a buying and reselling of both new and used items on campus.

People that started this business a long time ago can really testify to what I'm saying.

So If you're a student on any campus in Nigeria, I want to show you a way to sell the items faster and much easier.

You see we created this online marketplace for students on campus so we can easily sell our used items or even new items (for those of us into the business)

It is very easy to post an item for sale on the website, so you can visit www.percampus.com today and start selling right away.

Students on my campus FUT MINNA have already started using it.
��

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread / Arsenal Vs Olympiacos Europa League (1 - 2) On 27th February 2020 / Pele Reportedly Moved To End-of-life Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.