Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi (654 Views)

No Regret Supporting Tinubu: Amb. Wahala After Receiving Attacks From Listeners / VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal / Reno Omokri: I Regret Supporting Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by actiondrilling: 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ebonyi state Governor, Chief David Umahi has said he has no regret preaching that federal government should be collecting Value Added Taxes(VATs) and share to states of the federation.

The Governor stated this on Tuesday during the inauguration of south east leaders of the Christian Association in Nigeria(CAN) with his Senior Special Adviser(SSA) on Religion and Welfare, Rev. Fr. Abraham Nwali as the Chairman.

The inauguration was performed by the President of CAN, Rev. Samson Ayokunle at the Christian Ecumenical centre, Abakaliki

He called on CAN and all the traditional institutions in south east to begin to sensitize the people of the zone on the dangers of the sit-at-homes being ordered by the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOB).

He said “the sit-at-home is not biting the south East Governors. If you sit-at-home, some of their children are outside the country, it’s not biting them. If the body of Christ and all the Traditional institutions should rise up to let them know the dangers. We fear that a splinter group may come and toe this thing we are sitting on Mondays, Tuesdays and on Fridays and on Sunday sit-at-home by the Christian body.

“Another sit-at-home on Wednesdays and Thursdays, yes, I am hearing that and then the end would have come and would have become very clear to our people. I never see when people brought war upon themselves. So, I plead with the Christian body to announce the dangers they are bringing to ourselves.

“Nobody is sitting at home in the West, in the North, in the South South. We are only sitting at home here, what do we intend to achieve? Nothing!

“We are killing ourselves and we say we are agitating, agitating for what? So, it’s a very terrible thing. When our people push for restructuring, yes, I agree with restructuring but it has to be administrative restructuring, I will continue to preach it. Our states that are very weak must be taken care of before we say let everybody control their resources.

“There was a time we were house boys and house girls and they were very helpful in service to other states. It is time to be built up before you can collect their VATs separately. I will continue to preach that allow the federal government to collect VAT and share for us”.

https://www.akelicious.net/vat-war-no-regret-supporting-fg-david-umahi/

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by SLAP44: 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
This man is a master of deception, some of my guys who were to lodge in his hotel arrived to meet a closed gate yesterday. He is practicing sit at home in all his filling stations and preaching against it to please the FG grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by Arda1000(m): 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ure free to speak ur mind,we the people don’t give a heck

3 Likes

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by Amotolongbo(f): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
SLAP44:
This man is a master of deception, some of my guys who were to lodge in his hotel arrived to meet a closed gate yesterday. He is practicing sit at home in all his filling stations and preaching against it to please the FG grin
what if it was his staff that were observing the stay at home?

He could be doing this to protect his staff, who knows?
I am not sympathetic to him or IPOD’s call, we just have to view issues with more than one spec.
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by whalley676: 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
Southeast and their leaders

1 Like

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by SmartPolician: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
This man will do anything to please Buhari. Who told him that the APC would give someone from the east their presidential ticket?

Someone should tell him that if he doesn't go for senate in 2023, he will be became irrelevant in Nigeria's politics.

1 Like

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by LadyExcellency: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
The only government recognised in the South East is IPOB Government without boarders.

1 Like

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by orisa37: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
You must be drunk and shamelessly unthinking GOVERNOR.
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by HornyTave: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ebonyi is a poor state we understand
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by Buccalcavity2: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
HornyTave:
Ebonyi is a poor state
we understand

Abi o. E no get choice. He is fighting for survival.
But the idea of this VAT is to wake every governor up. Tea-cup governance is over. Do the job!
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by HornyTave: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
Buccalcavity2:

Abi o. E no get choice. He is fighting for survival.
But the idea of this VAT is to wake every governor up. Tea-cup governance is over. Do the job!

Nigeria governors don't know more than looting and new cars except few governors like Lagos, Rivers and Kaduna.
I deh miss Oshomole though that man na craze.
Obaseki no know pass English styled suit and correct abolo

1 Like

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by bobowaja(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
This man is sounding more stupid by the day. States asking for vat which is backed by laws is now asking for war? War from where if I may ask? This man is sounding more demented and despicable than I thought.

Igbo people, over to you. This is another Hopelessness

1 Like

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by theInterpreter: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2021
later they will call SW betrayers

lol
I just dey laugh grin
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by Naigleria: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Lazy governor

1 Like

Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by Maxymilliano(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
This is what you see when you have a governor so blinded by ambition and can not see beyond partisan politics to demand for what rightfully belong to the State.

Lagos state belong to the ruling party, yet the governor doesn't see anything wrong in exploring the constitution to get what belong to the State.
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by Blackfire(m): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
The only sensible guvnor in the South...

Not the wike and Lagos boy challenging the status quo

North2023
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by Racoon(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Now it is certain that this Governor Dave Umahi is an incredibly and irredeemably stupid man who will never get sense. "....From indication, the governor made the statement out of sycophancy & bootlicking.

Gov. Umahi’s uncontrollable greed with it’s attendant primitive acquisition of wealth mainly by deliberate amassing of public funds led him to join the ruling party in order to avoid being harassed or threatened by the party which has severally been accused of using anti-graft agencies to intimidate and harass opposition leaders.."

"Buharimaniacs are of the conviction that Nigeria is now legitimately the property of the president.The rest of us are here simply by his grace & generosity."
https://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2018/08/21/buharimaniacs-and-buharideens-by-femi-aribisala/
Re: VAT War: No Regret Supporting FG - David Umahi by poiZon: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
actiondrilling:
Ebonyi state Governor, Chief David Umahi has said he has no regret preaching that federal government should be collecting Value Added Taxes(VATs) and share to states of the federation.

The Governor stated this on Tuesday during the inauguration of south east leaders of the Christian Association in Nigeria(CAN) with his Senior Special Adviser(SSA) on Religion and Welfare, Rev. Fr. Abraham Nwali as the Chairman.

The inauguration was performed by the President of CAN, Rev. Samson Ayokunle at the Christian Ecumenical centre, Abakaliki

He called on CAN and all the traditional institutions in south east to begin to sensitize the people of the zone on the dangers of the sit-at-homes being ordered by the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOB).

He said “the sit-at-home is not biting the south East Governors. If you sit-at-home, some of their children are outside the country, it’s not biting them. If the body of Christ and all the Traditional institutions should rise up to let them know the dangers. We fear that a splinter group may come and toe this thing we are sitting on Mondays, Tuesdays and on Fridays and on Sunday sit-at-home by the Christian body.

“Another sit-at-home on Wednesdays and Thursdays, yes, I am hearing that and then the end would have come and would have become very clear to our people. I never see when people brought war upon themselves. So, I plead with the Christian body to announce the dangers they are bringing to ourselves.

“Nobody is sitting at home in the West, in the North, in the South South. We are only sitting at home here, what do we intend to achieve? Nothing!

“We are killing ourselves and we say we are agitating, agitating for what? So, it’s a very terrible thing. When our people push for restructuring, yes, I agree with restructuring but it has to be administrative restructuring, I will continue to preach it. Our states that are very weak must be taken care of before we say let everybody control their resources.

“There was a time we were house boys and house girls and they were very helpful in service to other states. It is time to be built up before you can collect their VATs separately. I will continue to preach that allow the federal government to collect VAT and share for us”.

https://www.akelicious.net/vat-war-no-regret-supporting-fg-david-umahi/
Peter odili been do pass this, na yaradua baba iyabo carry pdp presidential flag give, comot gej from inside creek in bayelsa put as fais presiden, umahi na that lane u dey waka... We know how e go end.
If u like disagree on anything the southern govrs and southerners say that will protect the livelihood of their people, u see aso rock, u go still be visitor and not resident.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB: This Madness Must Stop / Fulani Herders Still Grazing Openly In Enugu State And Causing Traffic Jam / Akunyili: IPOB/ESN A Curse On Ndigbo, Group Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.