Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

School Vs Skill; The Great 21st Century Debate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / School Vs Skill; The Great 21st Century Debate (280 Views)

Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate / Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group / Ecobank! The Most Useless Bank In The 21st Century. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School Vs Skill; The Great 21st Century Debate by Faithymatt(f): 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
The other day, I overheard a guy talking on the phone…

He appeared to be in deep conversation with a relative or a friend.

He said:

“I know your mom and dad would be saying things, but if your brother wants to learn a skill online instead of going to school, you guys should let him do it.
He can now decide later whether he wants to go to school or not.”

In my opinion, that's very solid advice for the times we now live in.

I'm personally battling my parents over this...they want me to study medicine, which in their defence was what I wanted to study.

Now I have realised that the days of going to school to fetch a certificate that can guarantee a fat-paying job, are well and truly over.

The days of going to school were the days of the job economy that worked like gangbusters for our parents... and even grand-parents.

Truth be told some people still have well laying jobs because of their degrees but most times their income is gobbled up by bills they have to pay and debts they owe.

But like every era known to man, those days came to an end and got replaced by a newer era with a different set of rules.

The new era we are in is what Dan Lok refers to as:

“The skill economy.”

This economy is well and truly boosted by man’s advancement in technology.

Today, a 10-year old kid can learn any kind of digital skill and turn it into a serious money-pumping vehicle without even leaving their house.

Let that sink in.

In this economy, you can be in a remote village in the poorest country in Africa and be earning thousands of dollars with a skill that took you less than 4 years to become a master at.

Amazingly, all you need in this new era is access to the internet and the right information.

My point is…

If you have not been doing enough to take advantage of this new-age economy, now is the time to set the pedal to the metal.

I personally love this new economy because I'm not much of an "outside" person.

I'd rather stay indoors and earn lots of money while at it.

One of the most rewarding skills of the new-age skill economy is COPYWRITING.

Copywriters are people who use words to sell stuff online.

They construct simple marketing messages that get people to whip out their wallets and salute a product with their credit cards.

Because words make the online world go round…

Copywriters are paid a princely sum by businesses to work their magic.

By far the most straight-forward way to profit from this golden skill is to become an email copywriter.

It’s superfast to learn. And it is something businesses need every day.

The amazing this is just one email copywriting client can change your life.

You'd be amazed by how much.

PS: if you want to know more about email copywriting, my guy, Victor Eni has generously conducted a free virtual workshop that's available for you to attend.

Message me on 08115992782 if you're interested and I'd send you the link to the workshop

So what do you think?

School or skill?
Re: School Vs Skill; The Great 21st Century Debate by Snitch24(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2021
I wsh every parent can see this
Skills or certificate
Na still bthe same education in a different form
Re: School Vs Skill; The Great 21st Century Debate by Faithymatt(f): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
Snitch24:
I wsh every parent can see this
Skills or certificate
Na still bthe same education in a different form

Exactly! As long as you're sha getting money from it and you're happy

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Daily On Nairaland / Any Food Stuff Exporter In The House? / Reasons Why You Need To Market Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.