Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death (19845 Views)

Georgia Father Sentenced To 50 Years In Prison For Poisoning His Daughter / Husband Arrested For Beating His Wife And Leaving Her With A Bleeding Eye / Corper & Her Husband Arrested For Chaining & Maltreating Their Househelp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 4:53am On Sep 15, 2021
The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested one Rita Umoh and her husband, Akan Umoh, for allegedly poisoning his 10-year-old son to death over witchcraft allegation.

Spokesperson of the command, SP Odiko Macdon, in a statement on Tuesday, September 14, said the duo was arrested by the detectives from Abak division after tip-off.

"On 29th August, 2021, at about 4:30pm, relying on information received from one Mfon Francis, of Ekpat Iduot village that one Akan Jimmy Umoh and his wife Rita Jimmy Umoh of same address, conspired and poisoned to death her stepson, one Master Savior Jimmy Umoh, a 10 year old boy on the allegation of witchcraft," the statement read.

"Detectives of Abak Division swiftly responded and arrested the duo of Akan and Rita Jimmy Umoh who are father and step-mother of the deceased.

"On interrogation, suspects confessed to have administered poisonous concoction called "Evil Beans" on the child to remove witchcraft, which they, according to prophecy, claimed was the cause of their economic misfortunes and health challenges including the poor academic performance of his half siblings.

A search in the house revealed a boldly written inscription on the wall by the step-mother, "Saviour is the witch of this house". Photographs were taken while the corpse was removed and deposited in the mortuary for autopsy.

"The CP has assured that the perpetrators of these crimes will be prosecuted and has called on members of the public to be vigilant and do well in giving the Police and Sister Security Agencies timely information which will assist in curbing crimes and criminality.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/9/woman-and-her-husband-arrested-in-akwa-ibom-for-allegedly-poisoning-10-year-old-stepson-to-death-over-witchcraft-allegation.html

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Ever8090: 4:54am On Sep 15, 2021
Ha..
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Freestainworld(m): 5:00am On Sep 15, 2021
Akwaibom and witchcraft is 5&6, they have collected the crown from Edo people, they always ascribe every of their misfortune to it.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Fahdiga(m): 5:12am On Sep 15, 2021
I'm sure it was the woman that brought up the idea and passed it to her husband. same way Eve deceived Adam with the forbidden fruit

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by kestolove95(m): 5:54am On Sep 15, 2021
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 15, 2021
Poor little boy,RIP to him.If he was truly a wizard would they have been able to poison him mtcheww

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Kelvinernest(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2021
Hmmm akwa akwa make dem poison d 2 people too becuz them be witchcraft to 4 killing that innocent boy

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 15, 2021
angry Dem go Blame Buhari for this one too undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by CursedNsukka: 8:31am On Sep 15, 2021
Why do Akwa Ibom hate children like this, from maltreating them as witches to now this. Please why is this state cursed like this?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Tigiliigu(f): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2021
What could be responsible for this?
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by ideatoprince18(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2021
Check closely u will find out that it was the woman that persuaded the Man to do it or Even still did it without the knowledge of the Man and now the man is being roped in!!!

Besides was the issue of Calabar and child witches ..... Everytime u hear about witches online ...it's mostly from Akwa-ibom or Calabar . Na only their pikin Dem dey chop winch??..….. poverty mentality!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Dozis: 8:31am On Sep 15, 2021
So both of them are not witches and they gave birth to a witch.
Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by SuperNova33: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2021
Not every well dress person you see in normal in fact it's hard to find normal in Nigeria if not how can we explain the extreme hardship in aa country that digs oil free out of the ground?

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Buliwyf: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2021
I think the government of Akwa-Ibom should start making it a law to punish any pastor preaching that kids are witches and wizards. Severe punishment. That should stymie the wave of hopeless miscreants blaming their bad decisions in life on vulnerable children who cannot defend themselves.

People like Helen Akpabio are there ones fueling these tragedies.

13 Likes

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Aforxzy(f): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2021
Wicked couple.. Blaming the innocent child for their misfortunes.. They should be serve with the "evil beans" too

"On interrogation, suspects confessed to have administered poisonous concoction called "Evil Beans" on the child to remove witchcraft, which they, according to prophecy, claimed was the cause of their economic misfortunes and health challenges including the poor academic performance of his half siblings.
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by UgetDbest: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2021
This is terrible
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Mossadd: 8:34am On Sep 15, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:

See More Photos Via www.. com
agent of bad news

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by ZUBY77(m): 8:34am On Sep 15, 2021
Africa
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by PhyllsBaba(m): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2021
Hmmmm, How religion has deluded the minds of some!! Sheer wickedness

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by CHoccolaTE: 8:36am On Sep 15, 2021
Instead of the idiots to work hard to make money they are blaming their misfortune and poverty on an innocent child.

I wish they die slow miserable deaths.
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Offpoint1: 8:37am On Sep 15, 2021
Poverty + religion na deadly and brutal disease.

99.99% of those who believe in witchcraft are poor and extremely poor people... And religious fanatics.

They just wasted a promising young life because of what one lunatic prophet or "pastor'' might have fed them with.

4 Likes

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Romanoff(f): 8:37am On Sep 15, 2021
Team blood is thicker than water.

Na only God dey love unconditionally o.

1 Like

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by thorpido(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
I'm sure it was the woman that brought up the idea and passed it to her husband. same way Eve deceived Adam with the forbidden fruit
.. and the stupid man who 'being in love' cannot think and has to follow the woman to do wickedness against his own son.smh

2 Likes

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by extol1(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Tigiliigu:
frustration
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Kingpin1000: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2021
Na wa.
But people can be so daft in this modern age.. look at the stupid reason that made them kill the boy. The funniest is " him being responsible for his half sibling's poor academic performance " lol. I remember when one overzealous aunt who says she sees vision came and told my parents that she saw someone from my class rubbing my head and anytime He does this He collects my brain grin grin. Na so I go school the next dat go fight this innocent boy, yes one of the most stupid things I have done. It was mum who told me that I play too much and limited my play time which reflected positively in my academics.. those parents deserve to be hanged.

2 Likes

Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by MNDY(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Tigiliigu:

Your gender raised the idea as usual.
Re: Woman & Her Husband Arrested In Akwa Ibom For Poisoning 10-year-old Boy To Death by Erickax(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2021
bad government

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amotekun Arrests Notorious Thief For Stealing From Church In Osun (Photo) / Ugandan Pastor’s Son Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Got Engaged To Another / Medical Doctor Arrested For Carrying Out Abortion In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.