Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) (19123 Views)

Akpanudoedehe Absent As Buni, Sani Bello, CECPC Members Meet / Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire / Ugwuanyi, House Members, State EXCO, Pay Condolence Visit To Ekweremadu’s Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2021
Busy chasing rats in a burning house undecided
Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by SlayerForever: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
Penguin2:

Even Isiagu.

These guys are Igbos

I didn't even see the Isiagu before

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Bifwoli: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
ahnie:
One for the op,one for me
Here for the comments
For me the woman in a red see thru dress showing us her black bra should be handed over to northern sharia law muslims for a lesson in decency.

That's my comment and i'm sticking to it.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by sageb: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ijaw to the world #we rise

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Elock1: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
BiafIntel:
The caps are a giveaway. These people are foreigners to the place they are occupying today. How can these people not have their own traditional cap? English Cap?
I was waiting for a wise man to figure out the foreigners bowlers hat they keep parading as their traditional attire.

Shame really no dy our body.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by RobbStark(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
SlayerForever:
Okpu agu in a traditional "Ijaw" meeting. Wahala dey o grin grin grin

I know you can't just pass without a word.
Continue dragging your region in the mud, then later you shout " they hate Igbo".

This Kanu detention is really causing you miscreants so much pain. I can feel it from here in Ijaw land where I reside.

Kpele

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by BeardedMeat(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
longetivity:
Okay after this pictures what next
I showed my debtors the picture and they quickly paid up their debt
Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Odingo1: 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
The Cap is not Ijaw dressing, it is a British cow boy cap. They should trace their ancestors to know their real traditional outfit and not parading theirselves on British clothing.
Shame nodey catch them or what.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by SlayerForever: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
RobbStark:

I know you can't just pass without a word.
Continue dragging your region in the mud, then later you shout " they hate Igbo".

This Kanu detention is really causing you miscreants so much pain. I can feel it from here in Ijaw land where I reside.

Kpele

Wahala dey

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Timonaira: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
It is called Nama Tibi not Isiagu

Penguin2:
Is that not Isiagu I’m seeing?

Those who try so much to divide Igbo and Ijaw ties and brotherhood have a lot of explanation to make.

Because it was supposed to be a traditional and cultural attire day and that man wore that, which means he was representing his culture and tradition.

Maybe there are Igbos in Bayelsa after all!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by RobbStark(m): 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2021
SlayerForever:

Wahala dey

So to you he is Ibo.
Now I know you are delusional.

Most Sundays I dress in Yoruba attire that doesn't make me Yoruba

I can choose to wear wat I want

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by SlayerForever: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
RobbStark:

So to you he is Ibo.
Now I know you are delusional.

Most Sundays I dress in Yoruba attire that doesn't make me Yoruba

I can choose to wear wat I want

In a "represent your culture" meeting where everyone is repping home. Seems you are in denial cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by bomb24: 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
Timonaira:

what is called nama tibi?
Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by oluwaahmed: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Op So rocking isi agu and etibó wey normal people dey wear for street na govt achievement for bayelsa? Na ogun go kee you.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
Penguin2:

Those who try so much to divide Igbo and Ijaw ties and brotherhood have a lot of explanation to make.

Because it was supposed to be a traditional and cultural attire day and that man wore that, which means he was representing his culture and tradition.

All those borrowed clothes are not our tradition. The hat was brought by Portuguese and so was the Etibo and walking stick. We had our own wears which was a type of wrapper won mostly by Chiefs and then the striped hat and coral beads with Elephant tusk or eagle feather. However in the morden times our cultures have been redifined and reinvented in different forms based on Western influence.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Penguin2: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
Timonaira:

Wetin concern me undecided
Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ijaw people dying in numbers from poverty and disease in the creeks and you come here to talk about native wear.
Madness

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Penguin2: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abagworo:

All those borrowed clothes are not our tradition. The hat was brought by Portuguese and so was the Etibo and walking stick. We had our own wears which was a type of wrapper won mostly by Chiefs and then the striped hat and coral beads with Elephant tusk or eagle feather. However in the morden times our cultures have been redifined and reinvented in different forms based on Western influence.

I understand your point.

But come to think of it, the Ijaw have come in contact with the Hausa for over hundred years now but none of those were wearing Hausa/Fulani attire.

What this proves is that there’s been some cultural integration between these two people who have many things in common and only divided by political elites and Fulani divide and rule tactics.
Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Ijawblooded: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
BiafIntel:
The caps are a giveaway. These people are foreigners to the place they are occupying today. How can these people not have their own traditional cap? English Cap?

Hope when you dress in traditional attire u don't wear shoe o? Abi shoe na ur culture?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by juman(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
This is ijaw attire.
Really?

These are just common random clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Ijawblooded: 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
To those Igbos "showing themselves" over this dressing lemme educate you. What you call isiagu is called nama tibi in Ijawland. And its origin is not from Igboland, neither Ijawland. It is not African. Unlike Akwete, isi agu does not originate from Igboland. The nama tibi however has been incorporated into Ijaw culture just like the Igbos have done likewise. The isi agu is just the material. The Ijaws use this nama tibi material just like other materials to sew different styles including etibo and don. The Ijaws have refined and Ijawnise this Quasi European dressing and introduce ornaments to go with it. All critic in this forum should know that our different native dressing might not be entirely native to us. Most Nigerians wear coral beads as part of their cultural dressing, but do you know that coral beads do not originate from any part of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by nengibo: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
SlayerForever:

I didn't even see the Isiagu before
So imported Chinese material is your tradition, it's not a suprise for people who wear Agbada and red cap as traditional marriage attire

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by nengibo: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Odingo1:
The Cap is not Ijaw dressing, it a British cow boy cap. They should trace their ancestors to know their real traditional outfit and not parading theirselves on British clothing.
Shame nodey catch them or what.
Red cap originates from Moroccans and other Arabs, why do Igbo now wear it

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 4:17am On Sep 16, 2021
It's a pity that backward folks from the east thinks that red cap is indeginous,bush people,die it angry

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2021
redcliff:
Look for a fair Bayelsa person at your own peril.
Is Nengi not from Bayelsa state?
Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by Ijawblooded: 6:44am On Sep 16, 2021
nengibo:

So imported Chinese material is your tradition, it's not a suprise for people who wear Agbada and red cap as traditional marriage attire

Hahahahahaha. Even their governors and politicians dey wear am like their native sef.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by nengibo: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2021
Ijawblooded:

Hahahahahaha. Even their governors and politicians dey wear am like their native sef.
If you attend an Igbo traditional wedding you will see the funniest blend of dressing, sometimes they will wear the kilari sughu as native headgear other times they dress like Bini brides, the men will wear agbada or even Etibo with headtie material as wrapper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by nengibo: 7:41am On Sep 16, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Is Nengi not from Bayelsa state?
People just repeat stereotypes that make no sense, like saying there is no fair Ghanian or Hausa person

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) by emperor863(m): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2021
Penguin2:

Dem don come. Attaché by force.

You forgot that there are Igbos in Niger state too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) / [BREAKING] Court Orders National Assembly To Stop Election Re-ordering Bill / We’ve Nothing To Do With MC Oluomo — INEC Replies Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.