Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire (2882 Views)

Buhari And Osibanjo, Igbo Attire Vs Ijaw Attire / Bayelsa State Exco Members Meet Rocking Ijaw Attires (Photos) / Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 7:09am On Feb 20, 2022
• As Nigerians urge VP to contest 2023 Presidency
By Oluwafemi Popoola

The viral photo of Nigeria’s Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, on Ijaw attire in an event in Bayelsa State, on Saturday, February 19, 2022 has set tongues wagging on the internet immediately the picture was released from the Vice President’s office.

The spokesperson of the Vice President, Laolu Akande, had earlier in a post, where the photograph was officially released via his Twitter handle, announced his principal’s itinerary to Bayelsa State, the home state of former President Goodluck Jonathan, where he was scheduled to flag off the construction of the Angiama-Oporoma Bridge said to have been conceived 60 years ago, after which he would pay a courtesy call on the Traditional Rulers Council in the State.

The splendour of this charismatic visual presentation of the cosmopolitan Prof Osinbajo has made many Nigerians on social media reacted and commented on this adorable photo which was prolifically captured by the official photographer of the Vice President, Tolani Alli.

The self-acclaimed storyteller is renowned for her creativity through her lenses. She knows how to steal the spotlight with her stunning and captivating moments of the Vice President in images that often tell a thousand stories.

Osinbajo, in the picture donning an Ijaw outfit with a hat and bejewelled top, completed the neat tailored outfit with a walking stick, as he visited Bayelsa State to flag-off the construction of the Angiama-Oporoma bridge along with Governor Douye Diri.

Taking excerpts from the torrent of comments Nigerians posted on social media following the viral photo’s release of Twitter, a user charging the Vice President to run the 2023 race, wrote: “@ProfOsinbajo
Dear Mr Vice President, how else should we ask you to declare your interest for the 2023 presidential election? Please time is going. Millions of Nigerians won’t forgive you if you don’t contest. We need intellectually sound President.”

In the same vein, another Twitter user, commenting wrote: “If you attempt you may succeed.
When you don’t, you have already failed. Just do it, PYO.”

“The man for the right job. Clear road!” Said another user who wrote on Twitter

While also reacting to the picture, Ajuri Ngalale, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Public Affairs took to social media on his official Twitter page and wrote this:

”I do not usually comment on things like pictures, but this is some different kind of image right here. Too many words can be used to describe it, yet none willfully do it justice.

Kudos to the great @tolanialli and, of course, to a great man we study daily, H.E @ProfOsinbajo.”

Another Twitter user, Adewumi Collins captioned the picture with this, “Osinbajo momentum is rolling fast, and nothing will stop him.”

“One photo = a thousand words.
P.S. I have not seen anyone rock this outfit like this in a cool while.” one Susan Henshaw wrote.

Another Twitter user, Chigozirim appealed to the APC to field Osinbajo as their presidential flag bearer. He said, “Keep this man’s on the ballot box, and see PDP lose the election before 12 pm on February 2023.”

Also, the reactions found their way and extended to Facebook, another social media channel where a user commenting via Liberty Badmus Olawale wrote: “Good Afternoon Bayelsa. His Excellency is here!!!
Swag too plenty !
#FaceOfHope23”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1419977298437370&id=100012753390061

“Our man, your man, arriving Bayelsa today. WE MOVE” Babafemi Ojudu, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Political Matters to the President wrote on his Facebook wall with Osinbajo’s viral photograph.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161635737919689&id=820579688

“Oomo..see swag!!
Who won’t be proud to have this iconic personality as President.
Eni iyi, Eni eye.
#FaceOfHope23,” wrote a Facebook user commenting via Juwon Tunde.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222492739731511&id=1360486545

The Vice President paid a courtesy visit on the Bayelsa State Traditional Rulers Council where he thanked custodians of the Ijaw tradition for the warm reception accorded him.

A Twitter user, commenting on the royal visit wrote: “Irrespective of our political affiliations as leaders; providing dividends of democracy to Nigerians should be the major priority.

“Nigerians don’t ask for many things, just provide the basic needs/amenities.”

The traditional institution in the area thereby conferred on him the title of Ebi-akubowei 1 (one who seeks good or progress) of Angiama Kingdom.

Lately, there has been a proliferation of diverse support groups across the nation mobilizing for the support of the Vice President by urging him to contest the 2023 presidential election.

The Vice President, however, has been tight-lipped about his rumoured presidential ambition. Although, both his body language and moves in the public space, however, show that he may be interested and probably waiting for the appropriate time to make his decision known to the public.

https://thedailyleaks.com/glitterati-osinbajo-rocking-ijaw-attire-sets-internet-on-fire/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by dawnomike(m): 7:16am On Feb 20, 2022
It looks very nice on him... But i see no internet on fire here

3 Likes

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by TheRareGem1(f): 7:16am On Feb 20, 2022
The Unifier himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 20, 2022
amazing..but still Osibanjo is not my candidate,nor tinubu,Atiku and co... dont call me Ipob

5 Likes

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Whazar(m): 7:20am On Feb 20, 2022
Una gather kick an ijaw man out of office now you want the same peoples support

Osinbajo or whatever your face no show your shoe sef no shine

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 20, 2022
Whazar:

Illiterates everywhere.

When and where in the world did Goodluck Jonathan get kicked out of office?
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Whazar(m): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2022
chiefoga:

Illiterates everywhere.

When and where in the world did Goodluck Jonathan get kicked out of office?
Oga just rest I don’t give urchins like u attention
But make I clear you , we for here no dey vote any slowpoke who’s achievement is sharing 15k to your mothers in market buying their votes and calling it traders moni

Ur momsy never spend her own finish?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by nairalandankrah: 7:33am On Feb 20, 2022
Ebunoluwa2020:
• As Nigerians urge VP to contest 2023 Presidency
By Oluwafemi Popoola

The viral photo of Nigeria’s Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, on Ijaw attire in an event in Bayelsa State, on Saturday, February 19, 2022 has set tongues wagging on the internet immediately the picture was released from the Vice President’s office.

The spokesperson of the Vice President, Laolu Akande, had earlier in a post, where the photograph was officially released via his Twitter handle, announced his principal’s itinerary to Bayelsa State, the home state of former President Goodluck Jonathan, where he was scheduled to flag off the construction of the Angiama-Oporoma Bridge said to have been conceived 60 years ago, after which he would pay a courtesy call on the Traditional Rulers Council in the State.

The splendour of this charismatic visual presentation of the cosmopolitan Prof Osinbajo has made many Nigerians on social media reacted and commented on this adorable photo which was prolifically captured by the official photographer of the Vice President, Tolani Alli.

The self-acclaimed storyteller is renowned for her creativity through her lenses. She knows how to steal the spotlight with her stunning and captivating moments of the Vice President in images that often tell a thousand stories.

Osinbajo, in the picture donning an Ijaw outfit with a hat and bejewelled top, completed the neat tailored outfit with a walking stick, as he visited Bayelsa State to flag-off the construction of the Angiama-Oporoma bridge along with Governor Douye Diri.

Taking excerpts from the torrent of comments Nigerians posted on social media following the viral photo’s release of Twitter, a user charging the Vice President to run the 2023 race, wrote: “@ProfOsinbajo
Dear Mr Vice President, how else should we ask you to declare your interest for the 2023 presidential election? Please time is going. Millions of Nigerians won’t forgive you if you don’t contest. We need intellectually sound President.”

In the same vein, another Twitter user, commenting wrote: “If you attempt you may succeed.
When you don’t, you have already failed. Just do it, PYO.”

“The man for the right job. Clear road!” Said another user who wrote on Twitter

While also reacting to the picture, Ajuri Ngalale, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Public Affairs took to social media on his official Twitter page and wrote this:

”I do not usually comment on things like pictures, but this is some different kind of image right here. Too many words can be used to describe it, yet none willfully do it justice.

Kudos to the great @tolanialli and, of course, to a great man we study daily, H.E @ProfOsinbajo.”

Another Twitter user, Adewumi Collins captioned the picture with this, “Osinbajo momentum is rolling fast, and nothing will stop him.”

“One photo = a thousand words.
P.S. I have not seen anyone rock this outfit like this in a cool while.” one Susan Henshaw wrote.

Another Twitter user, Chigozirim appealed to the APC to field Osinbajo as their presidential flag bearer. He said, “Keep this man’s on the ballot box, and see PDP lose the election before 12 pm on February 2023.”

Also, the reactions found their way and extended to Facebook, another social media channel where a user commenting via Liberty Badmus Olawale wrote: “Good Afternoon Bayelsa. His Excellency is here!!!
Swag too plenty !
#FaceOfHope23”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1419977298437370&id=100012753390061

“Our man, your man, arriving Bayelsa today. WE MOVE” Babafemi Ojudu, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Political Matters to the President wrote on his Facebook wall with Osinbajo’s viral photograph.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161635737919689&id=820579688

“Oomo..see swag!!
Who won’t be proud to have this iconic personality as President.
Eni iyi, Eni eye.
#FaceOfHope23,” wrote a Facebook user commenting via Juwon Tunde.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222492739731511&id=1360486545

The Vice President paid a courtesy visit on the Bayelsa State Traditional Rulers Council where he thanked custodians of the Ijaw tradition for the warm reception accorded him.

A Twitter user, commenting on the royal visit wrote: “Irrespective of our political affiliations as leaders; providing dividends of democracy to Nigerians should be the major priority.

“Nigerians don’t ask for many things, just provide the basic needs/amenities.”

The traditional institution in the area thereby conferred on him the title of Ebi-akubowei 1 (one who seeks good or progress) of Angiama Kingdom.

Lately, there has been a proliferation of diverse support groups across the nation mobilizing for the support of the Vice President by urging him to contest the 2023 presidential election.

The Vice President, however, has been tight-lipped about his rumoured presidential ambition. Although, both his body language and moves in the public space, however, show that he may be interested and probably waiting for the appropriate time to make his decision known to the public.

https://thedailyleaks.com/glitterati-osinbajo-rocking-ijaw-attire-sets-internet-on-fire/
This is not pee poo
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Chibuzoc(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2022
This man cannot handle nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by maybanks: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2022
Osinbajo isn't here to play at all cool cool
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Deputy1111(m): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2022
This man is amazing

1 Like

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Jonwinter: 7:54am On Feb 20, 2022
The picture is epic,
It's Presidential,
It's poetic,
It's pregnant with meaning,
It's legendary,
It's perfect
It's fire �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 20, 2022
Whazar:

But make I clear you , we for here no dey vote any slowpoke who’s achievement is sharing 15k to your mothers in market buying their votes and calling it traders moni

I don’t care who you vote for.

But I will fact check you every day of the week, stop peddling lies, GEJ was never kicked out of office, he simply lost an election because he was incompetent.

What your momsy chooses to do with her stinking vagina is none of my business.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by okefranci: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2022
This dress is bae, Osinbajo is a unique man
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Jamesmusa123: 8:03am On Feb 20, 2022
It isn't the decoration around this picture that trails me but the charisma in which the vice-president carried his presence in the clothes, it was a mission for more greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Karemarealty288(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2022
This man just take style dey campaign.
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by okefranci: 8:34am On Feb 20, 2022
dawnomike:
It looks very nice on him... But i see no internet on fire here
Let everybody gets voter card

2 Likes

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by inioluwa03: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2022
Osinbajo really looked like an Ijaw man in that attire

2 Likes

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by okefranci: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2022
Karemarealty288:
This man just take style dey campaign.
And then? Mtchewwwww
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by okefranci: 8:37am On Feb 20, 2022
Chibuzoc:
This man cannot handle nigeria
What happened to Nigeria that he cant handle?

1 Like

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by lumaxyellow: 8:39am On Feb 20, 2022
PYO, The Magnificent Incoming President.

2 Likes

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by saintkel(m): 8:52am On Feb 20, 2022
Quote me anywhere.....Osibanjo won't be president.....
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by demitola(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2022
Ajurin was quite on point. No words can better depict the grace exhuding from that shot. It's best scooped by gazing at it more and more. Osinbajo is doing well.

1 Like

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Charisma01: 8:58am On Feb 20, 2022
Whazar:

Why do Nigerians like you always insult Buhari or Osibanjo over tradermoni?
What has other previous governments done for the ordinary market woman/man?
In this country no free education, free medical care, no benefits we enjoy from all the oil money.
In the UK, education (primary to secondary school) and medical care is free. Here nothing is.

No one can deny that despite Buhari's shortcomings, no other president has given so much grants and loans to ordinary Nigerians.
Trader moni, market moni, survival fund, SME loans, N power, Anchor borrowers program, school feeding program.
Tell me which other president has come close.

During Jonathan, my brother applied for loan from SMEDAN, they asked for heaven and earth. He provided all, yet he never got a kobo.
Stop speaking from a position of hate.
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Goldentulip2: 9:11am On Feb 20, 2022
The next president
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by Bettykeys: 9:18am On Feb 20, 2022
Our incoming president

I pray Tinubu should step down for this man

I interact with many Hausa/Fulani truck drivers that work for my company and about 80 of them who travel to many northern state unsurprisingly declared that they are overwhelmingly rooting for Osinbajo and according to the information available to them Tinubu is the only stumbling block against Osinbajo presidency
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by flokii: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2022
Please pray for VP Osinbajo.. I saw something terrible happen to him that he couldn't walk but had to be carried around. I have prayed against it and I know other well meaning folks too can.
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by BlazinGlory40: 9:27am On Feb 20, 2022
flokii:
Please pray for VP Osinbajo.. I saw something terrible happen to him that he couldn't walk but had to be carried around. I have prayed against it and I know other well meaning folks too can.

So you are a believer? Wonderment!
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by KosiGee(m): 10:26am On Feb 20, 2022
This is class. The likes of Asari Dokubo made this attire look ugly with their bloated faces, fat Michelin tummys and badly shaped legs.

This right here is class. Osibanjo rocks.

Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by KosiGee(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2022
flokii:

You saw nothing. Your mind is playing tricks on you.
Osibanjo is healthy and safe. No harm is coming his way.
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by roundman: 10:55am On Feb 20, 2022
Whazar:

Wetin the ijaw man with his six years in office,common east west road when pass him backyard im nor fit complete an....
Re: Glitterati: Osinbajo Rocking Ijaw Attire Sets Internet On Fire by roundman: 10:56am On Feb 20, 2022
roundman:
Wetin the ijaw man with his six years in office do for the niger/Delta he come from?common east west road when pass him backyard im nor fit complete an.... mind you i am ijaw from Delta State,Burutu precisely.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Royal Wedding: Oluwo Of Iwo Set To Marry Kano Princess / GEJ Is Coming - Photos / Not after attack but during attack when ESN shoot Ifeanyi Uba VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.