Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti (42249 Views)

MC Oluomo Stabbed In The Neck At Lagos APC Governorship Rally / Businessman Brutalized By Immigration Officers At Oron, Buttocks Left Bloodied / Armed Robbers Raid Phone Shop In Delta, Cut Off Neck Of Security Guard. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Jalaw: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
They ask you to park outside, you refused and acted stubborn.
You could have simply avoided this shit.

11 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Lokojatoofar: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nigerians with any kind of power are the worst set of people you can ever come across. If you see a Nigerian with power behaving well, then you have literally seen God's spirit manifest on earth.

4 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
See as my school teaching hospital dope kiss

1 Like

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by foreverproduct: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
This is all shades of wrong. This country sef!
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by elmessiahs(m): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
Those officers should be taken to WWE for a steel cage fight

1 Like

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by jimyjames(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
That's not a broken neck

1 Like

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Lokojatoofar: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
jimyjames:
That's not a broken neck
What is it?
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by seyz91(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
You are the one insane cheesy
hayoholla:
Nigeria government is sane, we are the one's insane grin
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Myhusband(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
I remembered my days in Ekiti, I left Lagos for Ekiti with just a thousand left for FRSC job recruit exercise, running from NTA road to the pavilion yet people that sat inside their exotic cars with their parents did documentation before us

I stop applying for any government job since then

4 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Mom007(f): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
See, you are using plenty grammer to cover up your obvious error in arguing with people on uniform. They said park outside, you refused and was holding ground with them maybe because you knew someone inside or maybe you had given someone inside some Rodger and you were feeling entitled. Anyone who has been to any immigration office knows they don't allow regular folks to park inside their premises. You park outside. If you feel this is an injustice, obey first then take it up later. You resisted the first guy until he had to get backup and then things got out of hand and then you cry foul! Those people have their reasons. Look at what happened at NDA recently... What about terror threats? Ever heard of car bombs? Its for their safety and yours that they said only select people can park inside but typical of the youth of this generation, you thought you had a point to prove.
I admit they were out of hand and went too far sha. They could have just refused you entry into the premises or detained you and charge you to whatever judicial system still operates in this kwantry but Well, I wish you speedy recovery.

22 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
Apart from their duty post them no get level for street.Do we even see them on uniforms walking in the street?

1 Like

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by jimyjames(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

What is it?
Just a minor neck injury
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Babaolose: 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
Government must intervene in this matter, those immigration officials must not go unpunished, even if the man misbehave to them, instead of beating, to arrest him is better. This is why many people don't believe in our security anymore. God bless Nigeria.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Lokojatoofar: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
jimyjames:

Just a minor neck injury

Ok
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by tujays(m): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
fabinfos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAQNsDQfVRM

On Thursday September 9, 2021, a 28-year-old Omoboriowo Emmanuel who hail from Ijero-Ekiti, like every other law-abiding citizen of Ekiti State, in the company of his fiancé (Tomilola) visited the Immigration Office situated at Odo-Ado in Ado-Ekiti to apply for international passport.

Emmanuel, an ICT Consultant, who is presently admitted at the Emergency Ward of the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital narrated his ordeal to newsmen; “I had called earlier before that day to book an appointment with one of the officials of the Immigration who is helping out on some travel documents. On getting to the gate of the office complex, I was told by one of the guards at the gate house to make a U-turn and park outside the premises but I asked him why I won’t be allowed to use the parking lot, he insisted I take my car outside. I was concerned that it won’t be safe or wise that my car is parked on the road side as this is against traffic rules on that route.

“As a young responsible citizen, I wouldn’t want to flout traffic rules or be found in the wrong books of traffic officials so I insisted I was going to use the parking lot instead. Suddenly, I was surrounded by three other officers (one of them was fully armed) who started yelling at me to leave the complex. As I attempted to drive my car out, one of the officers started hitting me with his belt and even refused my fiancé entry into the vehicle. While the car was on motion, I accidentally hit two other cars at the lot due to the confrontation by the officers who eventually damaged my car.

“The three officers beat me so hard till I passed out. I was taken to a cell room afterwards where they tried to revive and so they later took me to the nearest police station as one of the officers suggested, saying, “Let us take him to the police so he won’t die here.”

According to the doctor’s assessment, Emmanuel who is in a critical condition, has suffered neck fracture, broken left ankle, femur and toes, and a dislocated right arm. He has been referred to the Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital for further examination.

Omoboriowo Emmanuel, while lamenting his situation, has demanded that justice be served and have informed his lawyer of his ordeal. “I have done nothing wrong. These officers have treated me unjustly and I want justice. Many citizens go through this horror everyday in the hands of uncultured uniform men and I want the government to proffer lasting solutions.

Source: https://kikiotolunews.com/immigration-officers-batter-passport-applicant-in-ekiti-breaks-his-neck-full-details/
Which Kind law abiding Citizen dem dey try drag out of his car and e no gree respect himself drop quietly before they broke his neck? a law abiding citizen would just drop quietly and answer his query jejely. ask African Americans many of them don die because of this I no gree i no gree attitude or claiming right. when law enforcement agencies confronts you don't be too quick to claim right. listen to them respect them to avoid stories that touch. those zombies hates to be Intimidated by common citizens.

6 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by oladipuposadeeq(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
fabinfos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAQNsDQfVRM

On Thursday September 9, 2021, a 28-year-old Omoboriowo Emmanuel who hail from Ijero-Ekiti, like every other law-abiding citizen of Ekiti State, in the company of his fiancé (Tomilola) visited the Immigration Office situated at Odo-Ado in Ado-Ekiti to apply for international passport.

Emmanuel, an ICT Consultant, who is presently admitted at the Emergency Ward of the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital narrated his ordeal to newsmen; “I had called earlier before that day to book an appointment with one of the officials of the Immigration who is helping out on some travel documents. On getting to the gate of the office complex, I was told by one of the guards at the gate house to make a U-turn and park outside the premises but I asked him why I won’t be allowed to use the parking lot, he insisted I take my car outside. I was concerned that it won’t be safe or wise that my car is parked on the road side as this is against traffic rules on that route.

“As a young responsible citizen, I wouldn’t want to flout traffic rules or be found in the wrong books of traffic officials so I insisted I was going to use the parking lot instead. Suddenly, I was surrounded by three other officers (one of them was fully armed) who started yelling at me to leave the complex. As I attempted to drive my car out, one of the officers started hitting me with his belt and even refused my fiancé entry into the vehicle. While the car was on motion, I accidentally hit two other cars at the lot due to the confrontation by the officers who eventually damaged my car.

“The three officers beat me so hard till I passed out. I was taken to a cell room afterwards where they tried to revive and so they later took me to the nearest police station as one of the officers suggested, saying, “Let us take him to the police so he won’t die here.”

According to the doctor’s assessment, Emmanuel who is in a critical condition, has suffered neck fracture, broken left ankle, femur and toes, and a dislocated right arm. He has been referred to the Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital for further examination.

Omoboriowo Emmanuel, while lamenting his situation, has demanded that justice be served and have informed his lawyer of his ordeal. “I have done nothing wrong. These officers have treated me unjustly and I want justice. Many citizens go through this horror everyday in the hands of uncultured uniform men and I want the government to proffer lasting solutions.

Source: https://kikiotolunews.com/immigration-officers-batter-passport-applicant-in-ekiti-breaks-his-neck-full-details/
na human being they beat like armed robber and kidnapper even kidnappers no chop beating reach this level.

1 Like

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
Myhusband:
I remembered my days in Ekiti, I left Lagos for Ekiti with just a thousand left for FRSC job recruit exercise, running from NTA road to the pavilion yet people that sat inside their exotic cars with their parents did documentation before us

I stop applying for any government job since then
That is how it is in all government jobs.You will see officers doing documentation and medicals in a transparent manner on applicants that you will think you will be successful.When the last section process start you will be seeing and hearing names of different people who are not part of the initial process of the recruitment.

1 Like

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Lokojatoofar: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mom007:
See, you are using plenty grammer to cover up your obvious error in arguing with people on uniform. They said park outside, you refused and was holding ground with them maybe because you knew someone inside or maybe you had given someone inside some Rodger and you were feeling entitled. Anyone who has been to any immigration office knows they don't allow regular folks to park inside their premises. You park outside. If you feel this is an injustice, obey first then take it up later. You resisted the first guy until he had to get backup and then things got out of hand and then you cry foul! Those people have their reasons. Look at what happened at NDA recently... What about terror threats? Ever heard of car bombs? Its for their safety and yours that they said only select people can park inside but typical of the youth of this generation, you thought you had a point to prove. Well, I wish you speedy recovery.

So the response of a govt official is to brutalize him? You ask him to follow due process yet you are supporting the abusers who failed to follow due process too. Nigerians, its your type that supports extra judicial killing by the police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by tonididdy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Firstly the immigration officers were so unprofessional with their job handling.
Secondly the guy in question should have obeyed simple instructions. It is their premises and they have every right to tell you where to park or not inside the premises.
Now claiming of right have landed him in a hospitalized state, passport e nor see.

We all should know this and know peace: everyone in the country is angry as in mad angry. So lets always act with extreme caution when dealing with security personal

2 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by izubext007: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Ordinary Immigration.

Immigration that yesterday used to stand in the same line with Boys Scout and Boys Brigade during National celebrations.
That's the problem, you just called them ordinary.
I guess that young man was rude to them, just because he want to apply for ordinary passport that's why they beat him up.

Immigration Boys done dey chawus civilians.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by izubext007: 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
By his narration, Mr Emmanuel was rude to them.

7 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Miraclewilfred: 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
Are u sure those officers weren't on drugs.
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by akanbiaa(m): 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Jalaw:
They ask you to park outside, you refused and acted stubborn.
You could have simply avoided this shit.
Exactly , he should have looked for an alternative place to park for due to insecurity he could have been suspected to be a terrorist and his standing his ground further infuriated the officers ,the officers were wrong in beating him he should simply have been arrested after failing to comply with parking directives and interrogated. And another lesson in this country is whether you are right or wrong you don't argue with armed uniform men or unarmed uniform men that are many. Cooperate first and you can deal with them formally later if they were wrong through the right channels.

4 Likes

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Drone95(m): 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
I always avoid argument with uniform men especially Nigeria police force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Myhusband(m): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
Joysticks:
That is how it is in all government jobs.You will see officers doing documentation and medicals in a transparent manner that you will think you will be successful.When the last section process start you will be seeing and hearing names of different people who are not part of the initial process of the recruitment.

corruption everywhere and someone, somewhere will be preaching follow due process and legality when everybody sabi somebody
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by iLiquidator: 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
Sorry
Nigeria is not a place you claim right all the time. I will never support the activities of these immigration officers but we need to always have second thought when dealing with men in uniform especially in Nigeria (frustration is everywhere).
This is just a one sided story which cannot be used to make judgement. from his story, he was told to go and park outside but he refused. At least that should tell you something. Those officers were on guard and in most offices the parking spaces are reserved. Also Note that he drove the vehicle and crashed himself.

We have to ask those officers for their version then we can make conclusions.

1 Like

Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
He might be ONE NIGERIA ADVOCATE cry

Its not working and will never work but somehow let's hold on to it and be proud of what it is....that's what ONE NIGERIA MEANS
Re: How Immigration Officers Broke The Neck Of 28-Year-Old Applicant In Ekiti by TemmyT002(m): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Useless people
Give them power and they will be behaving as if they can do anything to anybody.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kehinde Emmanuel Adeyanju Wanted By EFCC (Photo) / Young Thieves Nabbed With Cut To Size Gun During Operation In Ogun State.pics / Man Trying To Kidnap 4 School Kids & Their Mum Burnt In Calabar (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.