Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles (2145 Views)

Buy Or Preorder PS5 | Playstation 5 Games | Consoles (simplygames.com.ng) / Over 250 LATEST PS4 Games (.pkg) and hacking of Ps4 Consoles **ABUJA** / ORDER YOUR GAME CONSOLES, CDs & SUBSCRIPTIONS WITH US ON EBAY AT 350/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
I've been into installation of games on consoles for years, was first to commercially install on ps3, ps4, vita, ps5 in our naija, ive pulled out of it in recent months due to dollar to naira issues, if you buy in dollars and sell in naira in a business without much window for selling or service price increase, you are dying financially.
So 2 days ago, mr A called me, he was an old customer of about 10 years turn friend, said he had someone in a warehouse in apapa selling ps4 for 80k told him i would buy 1 if its true and hopefully make him my supplier,i felt it was impossible because toks ps4 prices are as follow without controller
Phat 120
Slim 140
Pro 170 i think.
Earlier today he said he has met the guy(mr T) but had no time to test in apapa, he asked the guy to send over to my shop in mushin, delivery guy got to me late, i asked him where the supplier is from, he said ARENA-OSHODI, that was first red flag, meanwhile mr t was mointing pressure on mr A to pay money but i insisted i had to test the console.

Abeg how do i frontpage this, na everybody e go concern, the scam too smooth. Mynd44 lalasticlala seun. abeg person should tag him, ho do i front page this even if i have to pay

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mr A sent me his part of the money. While testing i asked the dispatch rider who the supplier was in oshodi since i know practically everybody there, he wasn't sure about the name so I asked him to give me the number, lo and behold the number was saved on my phone already he was one of my sure guys, i called him and told him i was receiving the package for a brother, mr A, i complaine about the pads being china and he said "na new pad we de take sell market na", we laughed, he immediately told the dispatch rider to go sey i be hin sure guy, few minutes later i called him and asked how much my customer will add to change the pads to original, he said 7k each, then i asked him why the middleman was able to sell cheap, he first cleared me that theres no middleman that its the direct buyer that asked him to send to the address which looked familiar to him, for sure mr T was pretending to be mr A, i asked him how he was able to sell a slim for 90k,he immediately said na those theives be that, no release my game to anybody, na 155 i de sell.
It got clear that mr T wanted 90k x 2 sent to him while we are waiting for dispatch rider to get a call from the sender, he for don chop and clean mouth the go Oba to spray money, the scam was close to perfect, what if i didnt know thedealer in arena, what if i didnt ask the right questions.

Summary
Mr theif acts as a suppler and asks you yo pay on delivery
He acts as a buyer and tells seller he would pay on delivery
Sends you his account so you will pay him once you are with the delivery man,
Stops picking calls, na u and delivery man plus real goods owner go de fight

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
I still run a food and games lounge, do installation, abeg help me spread, suscribe and watch my youtube and insta maybe i go grow big grin,, suggestions that would lead to improvement welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wT3KpPRleI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv1V1W9ll0

I'm on Instagram as @beejsplace. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ekm86rhbyvjq&utm_content=8obzllk

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by anthonyuncle(m): 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
ok
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by alphaNomega: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
I will update this post after you develop the lands you have booked
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by ShopNextDoor: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
I'm going to have re-read this again. I never understand the format yet
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
ShopNextDoor:
I'm going to have re-read this again. I never understand the format yet

The format hot.. Na middleman wey go pull out after cashing out
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by iamoyindamola(m): 5:40am On Sep 16, 2021
crafteck:
Mr A sent me his part of the money. While testing i asked the dispatch rider who the supplier was in oshodi since i know practically everybody there, he wasn't sure about the name so I asked him to give me the number, lo and behold the number was saved on my phone already he was one of my sure guys, i called him and told him i was receiving the package for a brother, mr A, i complaine about the pads being china and he said "na new pad we de take sell market na", we laughed, he immediately told the dispatch rider to go sey i be hin sure guy, few minutes later i called him and asked how much my customer will add to change the pads to original, he said 7k each, then i asked him why the middleman was able to sell cheap, he first cleared me that theres no middleman that its the direct buyer that asked him to send to the address which looked familiar to him, for sure mr T was pretending to be mr A, i asked him how he was able to sell a slim for 90k,he immediately said na those theives be that, no release my game to anybody, na 155 i de sell.
It got clear that mr T wanted 90k x 2 sent to him while we are waiting for dispatch rider to get a call from the sender, he for don chop and clean mouth the go Oba to spray money, the scam was close to perfect, what if i didnt know thedealer in arena, what if i didnt ask the right questions.

Summary
Boss please explain the format well cos I never understand
Shebi you got the console and the dispatch didn't request for money
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by ShopNextDoor: 7:05am On Sep 16, 2021
Summary

Damn! Now I get it! Good one (I mean bad grin)

3 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by Darkseid(m): 7:05am On Sep 16, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Boss please explain the format well cos I never understand
Shebi you got the console and the dispatch didn't request for money
I being think say na only me the thing confuse grin grin
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by ichidodo: 9:47am On Sep 16, 2021
I believe this is how it goes, correct me if am wrong, Mr A decides to sell a merchandise to crafteck say at 150K and it is market known that the same merch could go for less let's say 120k. At the same time one buyer who is also Mr A unknowing to Crafteck is hounding crafteck on the same merchandise and is willing to pay at any price but only on the condition it's pay on delivery. Crafteck in a hurry to make a quick buck and seal the deal quickly goes against his own instincts and pays the money to collect the merch so as to transfer it quickly to the customer who wants to pay on delivery maybe he decides to sell it to the desperate customer at 160-200k...

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by ichidodo: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2021
But here goes the rub, Mr A has already collected 150k from crafteck due to crafteck's greed and impatience to sell it off quickly and for higher price to the other customer who coincidentally is also Mr A, At this point the desperate customer( Mr A) calls off the deal and crafteck is left with a merch he paid over the odds for....Now Mr A can decide to take 100K or 120K from the 150k collected from crafteck and buy that same merchandise elsewhere with a considerable profit left over....And he can run this scam on unsuspecting operators numerous times....I see budding scams like that here on these section especially that kaduna guy with numerous monikers. If he's not looking to buy and pay on delivery where he can vammose with your merch he's looking to sell and collect money where he can vammose with your money before delivery from kaduna.
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by iamoyindamola(m): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2021
ShopNextDoor:
Summary

Damn! Now I get it! Good one (I mean bad grin)
How exactly?
Unless the delivery man is on strict instruction from the original seller don't release until i told you so
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by ShopNextDoor: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2021
iamoyindamola:

How exactly?
Unless the delivery man is on strict instruction from the original seller don't release until i told you so

The scammer acts as the direct buyer, and agrees to buy/pay 150k (or whatever) upon delivery

The scammer then acts as the seller and agrees to sell for 80k (or whatever) upon delivery

Then he sets the ball rolling...

He tells the real seller to deliver item. Real seller sends out the item under strict instruction not to release until payment is confirmed.

Item gets to real buyer (or his testing engineer) who confirms the item is good and approves 80k payment to the scammer (whom he thinks is the original seller)

Scammer receives 80k and switches off and takes a bow.

Original buyer waits for original seller to confirm 80k payment in order to inform rider to release and go. Original seller is still expecting payment ( of 150k not 80k ) so will never tell rider to release.

Na police go settle the case

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by becky39000(m): 11:13am On Sep 16, 2021
This is frontpage worthy
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by Rhaspody(m): 11:32am On Sep 16, 2021
How to beat this scam. Always ask delivery guy to give you account of the owner. Or number of the owner

3 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Rhaspody:
How to beat this scam. Always ask delivery guy to give you account of the owner. Or number of the owner

Exactly, im angry with my dealers because it seems this scam has been going on for some time, mainly the real buyer stands to lose, imagine if he had transferred the money, to the scammer, he instead sent to me, ive gotten him a phat p4, more expensive but its real, returning the dealers games, waiting for his bikeman

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2021
Rhaspody:

Thats the only way.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2021
iamoyindamola:

How exactly?

That protects the seller but what would protect the buyer
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by jeff1607(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
First to commercially install in Naija?
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 6:07am On Sep 17, 2021
becky39000:
This is frontpage worthy

Painful but it wont get there,its not about marias face or mercy's yanch,this media prefers people to keep getting scammed while providing explicit content
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 6:07am On Sep 17, 2021
jeff1607:
First to commercially install in Naija?

Yes ,even before the days of using ipod 1g to put payload on ps3 with update 3.41...arnd 2009 i think
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by OnyeObodo: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2021
Can someone explain the scam in simple language?

All these Mr A and Mr T is confusing
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by bmdmix11: 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
After reading back n front.

i still dont understand the whole thing
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by iamoyindamola(m): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by crafteck(m): 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
OnyeObodo:
Can someone explain the scam in simple language?

All these Mr A and Mr T is confusing

Middleman carry money japa
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by fattprince(m): 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
ShopNextDoor:

The scammer acts as the direct buyer, and agrees to buy/pay 150k (or whatever) upon delivery

The scammer then acts as the seller and agrees to sell for 80k (or whatever) upon delivery

Then he sets the ball rolling...

He tells the real seller to deliver item. Real seller sends out the item under strict instruction not to release until payment is confirmed.

Item gets to real buyer (or his testing engineer) who confirms the item is good and approves 80k payment to the scammer (whom he thinks is the original seller)

Scammer receives 80k and switches off and takes a bow.

Original buyer waits for original seller to confirm 80k payment in order to inform rider to release and go. Original seller is still expecting payment ( of 150k not 80k ) so will never tell rider to release.

Na police go settle the case
You get sense. Though it's complicated but is was made clear with the summary. Ichidodo didn't get it at all.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by ichidodo: 12:16am On Sep 18, 2021
fattprince:

You get sense. Though it's complicated but is was made clear with the summary. Ichidodo didn't get it at all.
Oops, my bad..

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by stephgold(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2021
Damn!!!! Almost fell for the scam one time. The scammer even used my own personal logistic man to run the level. Thank God my logistic guy put mouth for the matter if not... na gobe oooooooo.....

[color=#006600][/color]
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by samistry(m): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
Crafteck please is it worth getting the ps4 pro if person no get 4ktv? I heard it runs games faster than slim and standard
Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by ShopNextDoor: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
samistry:
Crafteck please is it worth getting the ps4 pro if person no get 4ktv? I heard it runs games faster than slim and standard

Not worth it. Unless you hope to get a 4k TV in the near future, no difference from a slim on a regular FHD TV

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT Before Buying Or Selling Consoles by samistry(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Thank you boss.
ShopNextDoor:

Not worth it. Unless you hope to get a 4k TV in the near future, no difference from a slim on a regular FHD TV

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Manager 2024 PC Official Thread (Last of its kind) / Drop Your FiFa I.d or P.S 3 On Here: / Xbox One Or PS4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.