Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders (6680 Views)

Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S / Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients / Mental Disorders You Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by iamkheedah(m): 6:10am On Sep 16, 2021
The Bayelsa State Government has reiterated its commitment to evacuate people living with mental health disorders from the streets of Yenagoa and other locations across the state to a temporary psychiatric ward for proper medical treatment.

Governor Douye Diri had inaugurated a committee to evacuate people living with mental health disorders from the streets, chaired by the Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.

Mrs. Faith Opene, Commissioner for Women, Children Affairs, Empowerment and Social Development led a team on Tuesday to carryout the governor's directive.

Speaking with newsmen during the exercise, Mrs. Opene, assured that those living with mental health disorders were be taken off the streets to a health facility for proper medication.

In her words: "We embarked on the evacuation of people living with mental illness on the roads and streets of our state to a psychiatric ward for a proper psychiatric treatment.

Today we have been able to evacuate ten persons off the streets of Yenagoa and now the receiving medical attention.

When they are stable, we will be able to get information from them, know where they came from, and if they are Bayelsans we will reunite them with their family. Those that are not Bayelsans will be sent back to their states as they normally sent to us."

Also speaking, Hon. Iselema Gbaranbiri, Commissioner for Environment, who is also a member of the committee, further hinted that it is an inter-ministerial function that involves the Ministry of Women Affairs, Environment and Health.

"In synergy, we have put modalities in place to evacuate people living with mental health disorders to sanitize the state capital, Yenagoa and its environs," he said.
https://www.facebook.com/108748748202292/posts/115776467499520/

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by BadEnglish(m): 6:21am On Sep 16, 2021
Make Dem try reach Edo abeg.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by souldeep(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2021
Nigeria ought to be thinking towards this kind of advancement by now, not promising outdated unfulfilled amenities that a sane politician in a sane world should be ashamed to utter during a campaign

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Truthissupreme: 6:35am On Sep 16, 2021
They should add almajiris na that one worse pass

I never see region when dey use plate beg food as occupation before until I saw nut

13 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by airminem(f): 6:50am On Sep 16, 2021
That's a good one. All they need is a place and medical care

God bless Bayelsa state

God bless Nigeria

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by xpressionx(m): 6:51am On Sep 16, 2021
Good development

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Ever8090: 7:12am On Sep 16, 2021
Most of this guy's rooming the streets with mental health issues just need a little medical attention and they will be fine but they can't get that in their country as money ment for good medical system is what politicians are using with their families to get medical treatment abroad..

16 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by xtocom: 7:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Good one there. They should also extend it to some political parties.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by temitope27(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Xscape047: 7:19am On Sep 16, 2021
Them plenty
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Slurity(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2021
I hope Ondo state can do the same, I was recently transferred from Lagos to Ondo city, this is when I discovered that people with mental health challenges in the town alone is more than that of the whole Lagos state.

11 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by free2ryhme: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2021
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by CondemnBattery(f): 7:20am On Sep 16, 2021
Good development.
I pray they recover speedily, in Jesus name. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by vickydevoka(m): 7:21am On Sep 16, 2021
This my guy de reason oga; "oga I de o.k, I no need dis your injection. Jus allow me read abeg".

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by money121(m): 7:21am On Sep 16, 2021
K
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Fakbrown: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2021
Make them no go fight o, all of them with different different spirit

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by malcom1X: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2021
99% of mad people in bayelsa speak one particular language.

Guess!
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Sabadon(m): 7:23am On Sep 16, 2021
B
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Knsley(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2021
Good.
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2021
It is only in countries that have bad social systems that you see mentally unstable people roaming the streets unchecked
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Dididrumz(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Nice one. Them plenty for government house side.
That woman wey dey always shout Lagos Bobo go soon leave here.
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Sufferingboy(f): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2021
Sabadon:
B

B for buhari.
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Oldmansense(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2021
BadEnglish:
Make Dem try reach Edo abeg.
Who go dey eat those plenty sacrifices wen una dey drop for street? If Dem remove Edo mad people from street, dem go deport people taya

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Princeton92(m): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2021
Yesterday morning in Port-Harcourt Aba Rd a car ran over one leaving it dead and drove off, it was the taxi man carrying me that called an agency to come pick the corpse up.
This should be done nationwide

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Offpoint1: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2021
Good, at least there will be less Nairaland traffics from that region

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2021
Kudos to them.

When will Sanwo commence this too in Lagos?
Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by pennywys(m): 7:35am On Sep 16, 2021
Damn it

Worst sickness ever

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by ddippset(m): 7:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Wonderful news.

Personally this is the best and most impacting project done by any Governor in Nigeria in recent memory, say 2021.

Kudos to Governor Diri. If i was living in Bayelsa he just won my vote for any election he might contest for in future.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders by GIANTPLUSHUB: 7:41am On Sep 16, 2021
Good one. There won't be chance for those ritualists who disguise as mad people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Complete Body Massager By Electro Medics " Roison Germany". / What Is Really Wrong? / The Best Foods For Pregnant Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.