Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Is Violence Inherent To Humans? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Violence Inherent To Humans? (243 Views)

3 Inherent Reason Why Suffering Is Not Mark Of Future Success / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Violence Inherent To Humans? by xynerise: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2021
Are some people born to be evil, in contrast to kind and caring ones?

I sometimes wonder if it is the destiny of some people to be evil just like it is written that Judas will betray Jesus and nothing can stop it.

Does it mean we can't blame some people for being evil because it is their destiny to be evil? lipsrsealed

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Is Violence Inherent To Humans? by SuperNova33: 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Evil is subjective bros, in the north to marry a 12 year old is very good, but to the west it's evil.

I think the natural nature of things is to survive And in the process of trying to survive, some tend towards evil because it's easy and others tend towards good because it's a challenge and it has a rewards at thethe end.

Let me put it this wat

Darkness and light

darkness, is everywhere it doesn't need any energy to exist even to the end it the universe, darkness is everywhere! But light takes energy to exist and it only exist for as long as the producer of light remains producing it.

Same with good and evil

Evil is abundant, that was why Jesus was very arrogant he spoke to the people anyhow, because he could see their wickedness and he knew they were only pretending, like we do in Nigeria when we see the rich.

It takes a lot to be good but it doesn't take anything to be evil.

It's all choice
Re: Is Violence Inherent To Humans? by xynerise: 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
SuperNova33:
Evil is subjective bros, in the north to marry a 12 year old is very good, but to the west it's evil.

I think the natural nature of things is to survive And in the process of trying to survive, some tend towards evil because it's easy and others tend towards good because it's a challenge and it has a rewards at thethe end.

Let me put it this wat

Darkness and light

darkness, is everywhere it doesn't need any energy to exist even to the end it the universe, darkness is everywhere! But light takes energy to exist and it only exist for as long as the producer of light remains producing it.

Same with good and evil

Evil is abundant, that was why Jesus was very arrogant he spoke to the people anyhow, because he could see their wickedness and he knew they were only pretending, like we do in Nigeria when we see the rich.

It takes a lot to be good but it doesn't take anything to be evil.

It's all choice
Hmmmm....deep

1 Like

Re: Is Violence Inherent To Humans? by CHINESEENGLISH: 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
The theory of Natural Selection
Charles Darwin suggested organisms best adjusted to their environment are the most successful in surviving and reproducing.

The logic of survival of the fittest and natural selection was thought to be transferable to humanity.
Evil is inherent and the same is with kindness
Re: Is Violence Inherent To Humans? by Buliwyf: 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
xynerise:
Are some people born to be evil, in contrast to kind and caring ones?

I sometimes wonder if it is the destiny of some people to be evil just like it is written that Judas will betray Jesus and nothing can stop it.

Does it mean we can't blame some people for being evil because it is their destiny to be evil? lipsrsealed

cc: Lalasticlala

To answer your question without going philosophical about it, yes people can just be evil. Scientifically, some brain defects make certain people prone to excessive violence and the need to cause harm. We are just hormones and chemicals acting in tandem to produce our personality and sometimes just one of those chemicals being a little off can lead to a serious violent streak.

(1) (Reply)

How To Store Common Foods / POS Cashiers Are Needed / Nigerians Please I Beg For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.