Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

"I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda (6454 Views)

Merkel Bows Out After 16 Years, Olaf Scholz Takes Over As New German Chancellor / #Olaf Scholz To Succeed Merkel As German Chancellor / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by debaj10: 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
German Chancellor Merkel responds to Chimamanda’s question on Siemens-Nigeria power project
Victoria Edeme
15 September 2021

Renowned Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie, has taken the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, to task over the Siemens-Nigeria Power project.
Chimamanda had asked Merkel about the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) regime’s contract with Siemens to increase electricity in Nigeria.
Siemens is a German multinational conglomerate that has been active in Nigeria since the 1950s, and had established its first representative office in the country in 1970.

Chimamanda and Chancellor Merkel were the guest speakers at a panel held at the Düsseldorf’s Schauspielhaus theater earlier in the month, alongside journalists and entrepreneurs Miriam Meckel and Lea Steinacker.
Their discussion focused on their own commonalities and differences, particularly as women: Adichie, as a leading feminist author and thinker, and Merkel, as the world’s most powerful female political leader.
The two women also discussed several other topics, including the state of democracy, social media, and even fashion.
In an interesting turn, Chimamanda asked Merkel about the Nigeria-Siemens project that is meant to increase electricity generation in Nigeria.

In response, the Chancellor proceeded to explain German involvements in other countries, adding, “I will get back to you. You will get your answer,” Online publication, Open Country, states.
On August 31, 2018, in Abuja, the Presidential Power Initiative (formerly the Nigeria Electrification Roadmap) was formed between Nigeria and Germany during a visit by the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel and her business delegation which included Joe Kaeser, Siemens AG CEO.
The two nations agreed to explore cooperation in several areas. One such area of cooperation aims to resolve the challenges in the power sector and to expand the capacity for future power needs.
“Siemens will help to facilitate financing for the project through the German Export Credit Agency (Euler Hermes AG), other ECA’s, and other financing Agencies,” the company stated on its website.
Dateline: July 22, 2019. Event: Signing of the Implementation Agreement for Nigeria in Abuja. From left to right: Onyeche Tifase, CEO Siemens Nigeria, Alex A. Okoh, Director General of Bureau of Public Enterprises, Joe Kaeser, President and CEO of Siemens AG and Regine Hess, German deputy ambassador to Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/ill-get-back-to-you-german-chancellor-merkel-responds-to-chimamandas-question-on-siemens-nigeria-power-project/
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Omo
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by Jerryherd: 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
cool

Chimamanda Adeche just won herself a die hard fan with her question on the Siemens deal... Twale and respect to this Vaginarian person, the future may actually be V-Mail

Now I can kill anyone for Chimamanda Adeche, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Professor Yemi Osinbajo

The Generator Importers, the Power distribution cartels, the diesel Importers all felt with the end of Chief of Staff Abba Kyari, nobody would remember our electricity freedom through Siemens deal... Mikano gang must be in sifia pain now

3 Likes

Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by malel1: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2021
That igbo girl
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by tempest01(m): 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
So Abba Kyari died for nothing?
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by 10mobile: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm!
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by LadyExcellency: 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
Some Cabals must have threatened Siemens to back out. This is Nigeria, the more you look, the less you see.
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by debaj10: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2021
lol
nice one smiley
Jerryherd:
cool

Chimamanda Adeche just won herself a die hard fan with her question on the Siemens deal... Twale and respect to this Vaginarian person, the future may actually be V-Mail

Now I can kill anyone for Chimamanda Adeche, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Professor Yemi Osinbajo

The Generator Importers, the Power distribution cartels, the diesel Importers all felt with the end of Chief of Staff Abba Kyari, nobody would remember our electricity freedom through Siemens deal... Mikano gang must be in sifia pain now

Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by debaj10: 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
I just taya
tempest01:
So Abba Kyari died for nothing?
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by debaj10: 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
shocked
LadyExcellency:
Some Cabals must have threatened Siemens to back out. This is Nigeria, the more you look, the less you see.
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by Vaginarian: 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2021
debaj10:
lol
nice one smiley

Hehehe
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by RevolverOcelot(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
Them curse Naija with darkness?

Let there be light!
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by debaj10: 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
RevolverOcelot:
Them curse Naija with darkness?

Let there be light!
by now, it should be clear that we like it like that.
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by RevolverOcelot(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
debaj10:
by now, it should be clear that we like it like that.
Speak for yourself. Many don't like it like that, myself included.
Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by debaj10: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
lol
actions speak louder than words-
if you don't like what you cooked, or your exam score, what do you do?
strive to do better, by learning and practicing harder.
show me the proof that many- and you- don't like the situation of things?
I dey wait.
RevolverOcelot:

Re: "I’ll Get Back To You", German Chancellor Merkel Responds To Chimamanda by debaj10: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2021
RevolverOcelot:

no answer?

(1) (Reply)

I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama / A Thread For Nazi and WW2 History Enthusiasts / Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.