Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama (6458 Views)

Which Country Is The Most Difficult To Invade? / 419 Reasons To Love Nigeria / Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2008
I am not sure i like Barack Obama anymore, although i know this does not take a whool from his suit, i can be sure many people will be seeing what am seeing. No wonder he lost many supporters recently and dropped in polls.

- He recently released an add where he captured McCain saying "the fundamentals of our economy are still strong", he didnt bother to know what McCain said in whole, rather he chose to repeat a single, five-second clip. This is immoral, i think.

- I notice Sarah Palin's accusations were true. Obama never uses the word 'Victory' for his country, rather he uses it when he is reffering to his own campaign.

- He carries himself in a superior aura, talking down on anyone to have his way,, he talked his pastor down (though the man is a hate monger and deserves it), he talked church going folks down when he said "the middle class stick to religion or gun because of their frustration"

- He never mentioned "Martin Luther kIng" in his hour-long speech so as not to be seen as a "believer in black emancipation". His party made him speak on the anniversary of "i have a dream" speech, yet he only managed to refer to my MARTIN LUTHER KING JNR. as just 'a young preacher from Chicago'.

- He talks about CHANGE as if America is not the Americaa that we all know. Am not saying America is perfect but if you must preach change in such a succesful country, you do it with all humility, not like a savior has come!

- He said a day before the Gustav "in situations like this we don't have time for small politics" as if he was going to hit states to do some work or support the displaced with his presence. That guy could just be annoying, talking to people as if they were morons,

- He dishonours life of those American soldiers lost in the war when he keeps hammering it was a failed war. We all know the war turned out bad, but why call your country a failure to win a cheap political point?
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Eziachi: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2008
Obama is not running a COME AND  LIKE ME COMPETITION, so I don't think he gives a F**k whether you like him or not, if the content of the your so called AD is your reason, then Mcain would have been executed by now with his own legion of blatant lieing ads. Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama still preached a message of change and American are warming to it  and you are perplexed because you come from a land where mediocrity is permissible and any tiny achievement is heralded to the high heavens, but Americans want more and more and that is what their govts are elected to do, the day they are satisfied with what they got, they will easily become like Nigeria. Learn from it.

Whether you are African or not is hadly the point, Obama is not running to become president of Africans, he want you to support him because he represents the future, smarter, intelligent than his opponent. Don't bring in your Nigerian mentality, where you're expected to vote for someone just because he comes from your tribe or speak the same language as you even when he can't separate his left from his right hand.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
Ezeife do you know me somewhere?
why take it personal as if Obama cares who we are?
read my post again and i assure you, you will see how unworthy you are to be born in this age of reasoning and wisdom. I pray, may God give you the wisdom you need to stire the fundamentals of your life!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by ow11(m): 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2008
Obama is AMERICAN!!!

He is aiming to be the president of the USA and hopes to strengthen that country's stand as the greatest nation on earth. You as an African have no stake in that ideology and so you have every right to hate him. Just get on with your life, ignore the build up to the elections and pretend to care about the build up to the next elections in your country.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by kiwi992(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2008
Hi,

Actually, Obama is ahead in the polls, right now, as per Sky News of yesterday.  

Senator McCain was wrong when he said that the US economy was fundamentally sound, as proven by the recent turmoil in the housing and banking sectors, to name but only a few.  It was this weakness that led to the government pumping in hundreds of billions of dollars into the economy inorder to kick-start it.  I'm sure the worst is not yet over.    

This shows how weak he, McCain is, as regards the crucially important US domestic economy.

In fact, it appears that the American populace seem to trust Obama more on the domestic economy than they do with McCain.

kiwi992.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by agaba123(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2008
@poster,
Obama picked one line and the republicans pick half a line and drum it into your head as long as it will suit them purpose. may be you will hate them also. shocked

It is very clear that 'MY FRIEND' is out of touch with the situation at the moment and does not know what to do with it.

How do you expect someone who does not know howmany homes he has to say the economy is not strong
To him, it is only bad if one does not earn up to $5million dollars a year.

Go ahead and hate Obama, does he even know?
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2008
You have rights to your opinion as long as it isnt insulting.
I never said i hate OBAMA, get that into your head!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by agaba123(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2008
Abegi

You find it difficult to love Obama. You said that?
Opposite of Love is hate angry grin
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by BUSHFELLOW(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2008
Topsido:
I am not sure i like Barack Obama anymore, although i know this does not take a whool from his suit

Yes he does not care if you like him or not because you wont vote for him.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2008
So many retards in my beloved "country".
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by BUSHFELLOW(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2008
I beg who be the retard be specific
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2008
No be you abeg, the person suppose know himself.
Abi you sound like one?
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2008
Bunch of shalow narrow minded racists!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2008
Why is there nairaland if we must think alike?
bunch of retards who does not know how to cope with divergent views!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by princeonx: 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2008
lol this is so funny!

You (African) finds it difficult to love Obama (American) yet you call people racists? you are a big clown ha ha!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Eziachi: 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2008
Topsido:

Maybe you had a wrong notion about nairaland. You can't just post anything here and get awayf from it easily. What everyone is telling you is Obama is not there for either me and you to love, like or dislike because you haven't got a vote.

I do mind divergent views but not all warped divergents views, this particular one of yours sucks. So suck it in. By the way, what do you mean by racist? CLOWN!!!!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2008
Topsido:

Bunch of shalow narrow minded racists!

You are a very confused man. Abi no be you bring race into the topic?

Listen. . . . . I agree that many people are supporting obama because of his race, and on the other hand so many are supporting him because of his ideologies and personality. Whatever may be the attraction, nobody should be crucified.

However, you were the person who said that you as an African finds it difficult to love Obama. Now, if there's no law that says Africans must love Obama or where the previous posters said they are supporting obama because he's African; then its clear that you are the racist here and above all a big time hypocrite.
It would have made sense if you had gone straight ahead and stated the reasons why you hate him without bringing in the race thing.

Topsido:

Who cares about what you think?
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2008
Make une free tukcido abi Topsido small i beg by now him don know say Obama no care wether him like am or not
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by tpia: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2008
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2008
Tpia or Tafia get it straight obama is not concerned about your opinion you vote or opinion dont count.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Sep 22, 2008
See attack ooo!!!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 22, 2008
Just because you're African does not mean you have to love Obama.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by bebe2007(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2008
obama,mandela.27 yrs imprisonment distinguishes both but both are sent 4rm above
highly supernatural beings.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by MrCrackles(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2008
@poster

u dont have to love Obama and it shouldnt bother you!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by kokorunna(m): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2008
I just love this forum, I am absolutely in support with Eziachi views.

Don't bring any Nigerian mentality into Obama campaign

grin grin grin  grin grin grin  grin grin grin  grin grin grin  grin grin grin  grin grin grin

www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by HC: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2008
There are enough african-americans who don't like Obama.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Osondust: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
This poster does not have a job, McCain have ran worst adverts than Obama, Obama never look or talk down on any one is just your view and your points for disliking him are simple stupid, you are just jealous of his success. get a life
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by tpia: 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2008
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by spikedcylinder: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2008
Obama is AMERICAN!!!

He is aiming to be the president of the USA and hopes to strengthen that country's stand as the greatest nation on earth. You as an African have no stake in that ideology and so you have every right to hate him. Just get on with your life, ignore the build up to the elections and pretend to care about the build up to the next elections in your country.

Excellent, just knock my ass off excellent!!!!!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by RichyBlacK(m): 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2008
Rubbish!

Pointing out failed US policies should be encouraged so that lessons may be learned from the mistakes.

“Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” -- Howard Zinn
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by RichyBlacK(m): 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2008
tpia:

who is this bushfellow?

You've already replied yourself with your name, abeg. Thanks for sparing me the trouble.

Then I pity George W. Bush!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by biolabee(m): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2008
kini big deal
obama is just a man,
politics is a game where u highlight certain negative aspects of ur opponent to make urslef look gd ansd all of them are guilty

i think obama has the african love because he is a black man and also repubs have been at it for 8 years and have failed woefully so it is time or change
just coincidence so u dont hve to like the guy

we hve enuff probs here as it is,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evidence Of Life On Mars With PIX / Son Of President Of CAR Beats Man And Woman In Russian City Of Kislovodsk. VIDEO / China Unveils Terrifying Dongfeng-41 Nuke That ‘can Strike US In 30 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.