Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? (336 Views)

Atiku Has A Clear Home Advantage In The North / Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Blame Omisore For Giving APC Advantage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by HelloWriter: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
As the economy bites harder, maybe, this will help some of us to cope with the situation. So, let's pause to ponder on this:

Many people believe that...

1. ANYTHING THAT HAS ADVANTAGES ALSO HAS DISADVANTAGES

and

2. ANYTHING THAT HAS DISADVANTAGES ALSO HAS ADVANTAGES.

When it comes to having money, we all know the advantages of having a fat bank account. I have also seen people talk about the disadvantages of being rich (although they may sound like consolation theology grin).

But, coming to poverty, everyone talks only about its disadvantages and never (or hardly) its advantages - which is unfair cool

Now, let's also remember that being broke has its advantages also. Here is a little personal story to prove it:

Until I started working from home, I never really appreciated the health benefits of sunshine. When I was a construction supervisor, I felt I was suffering a lot because I often worked under hot afternoon sun. But I was hardly ever sick in those days.

But when I started working from home, sometimes, I would be so focused on a job that I would stay indoors during the day for several days. I started getting sick often. Then, I realized that it was because I wasn't getting enough sunshine.

So, now, I spend a significant part of every afternoon taking a walk under the sun. Today, I was taking my afternoon walk when I saw some guys hitting it out at a quarry. So, I had to talk to them, tell them my story, and let them know the health benefits of the kind of job they do. Many of them agreed with me.

So, if you are doing a 'poor' job where you spend most of the day in the open, I advise you, don't envy those who work in air-conditioned rooms and drive in air-conditioned cars.

Now, you can share any other advantage of being broke that you know.

Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by suffering: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2021
I’ve done both sides of the divide. I’m in the best position to support or oppose your findings. You are correct. There is also no sweeter feeling than moving six feet away from fellow workers to release a pressing fart. I can’t do the same in an office setting.
Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by kestolove95(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
One of the advantage of being broke is that u wont have a girlfriend...thats rest of mind and long life

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by whalley676: 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
One can broke.....it's normal but poverty is not a good thing bro.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
Two advantages of being broke
Weight loss and free time to sleep and do other things
Disadvantage: u cant talk in family meeting or get a woman , depression sets in and u can't be a blessing financially
Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
It can make you to discover your calling
Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by riches4me(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
Another advantage of been broke is you envy less and aspire more which good for your mental health.
Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by richmond500: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Yes, if u go village, dem no go reason put poison for ur food
Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by richmond500: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
whalley676:
One can broke.....it's normal but poverty is not a good thing bro.
brokenness is not normal, poverty has an excuse sha
Re: Is There Any Advantage In Being Broke? by HelloWriter: 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2021
richmond500:
Yes, if u go village, dem no go reason put poison for ur food
Lolololololololollllll grin

(1) (Reply)

FFK: The APC I Joined Today Is Not The APC I Criticised Over The Years (Video) / The Investigations On The Pandora Papers Had Been Finally Published. / Cornflakes For Jihad: The Boko Haram Origin Story By David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.