Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu (30454 Views)

Sultan Of Sokoto Visited Wike In His Country Home,only If We Know What Southern / Communique Issued By PDP Governors' Forum At The End Of Their Meeting / IPOB Invited To UN Finally Speaks On Their Meeting With World Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by SaiOsinbajo: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
FireKing:
Wey una Governor Edolites he is no where to be found but so busy with covid 19 vaccine .....i rest my case

Allow them focus their energy on hope uzo... Na them go tire because the man no send just like every other politician out there
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by SmartPolician: 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
SaiOsinbajo:

I will appreciate if you can explain your reasons for such because I am aware of the fact he attended the last meeting in Lagos that should be last month

Please argue with facts. That man was never in Lagos. He's called the Supreme Court governor for a reason.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/11-governors-arrive-lagos-for-southern-governors-forum-meeting/amp

He is well aware that the decision the southern governors must be contrary to the interest of the north. Little wonder he always avoids their meetings. Afterwards, he makes silly statements to counter their agreement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/08/27/we-dont-need-anti-grazing-law-in-imo-herdsmen-farmers-in-peace-uzodinma/%3famp=1
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by ihedioramma: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
SaiOsinbajo:

Same thing his colleagues are doing that got them busied to the point they couldn't attend. I don't like selective criticism and I'm not a supporter of hope... But let's forget party-affilaiated politics or hatred for an individual and criticise fairly
grin But you no he is not IMO STATE GOVERNOR
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Indispensable85(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2021
Where is obaseki?
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by SaiOsinbajo: 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2021
ihedioramma:
grin But you no he is not IMO STATE GOVERNOR

His Excellency, well done o. It means Diriye is not bayelsa gov too... Anyway, how are you today?
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
Think very well,there is a reason why SE Governors are doing what they are presently doing...
First time fool is not a fool,but second time fool is proper foolish....
Dr. Michael Okpara
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by SaiOsinbajo: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

Please argue with facts. That man was never in Lagos. He's called the Supreme Court governor for a reason.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/11-governors-arrive-lagos-for-southern-governors-forum-meeting/amp

He is well aware that the decision the southern governors must be contrary to the interest of the north. Little wonder he always avoids their meetings. Afterwards, he makes silly statements to counter their agreement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/08/27/we-dont-need-anti-grazing-law-in-imo-herdsmen-farmers-in-peace-uzodinma/%3famp=1

Yeah, apology for that but the link below will give you update on his attendance. I just confirmed he didn't attend the Lagos meeting.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/southern-governors-convene-emergency-meeting-over-insecurity/
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Obamaofusa: 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
AmuEbule:
shocked
Useless meeting. Wasting billions of tax payers money for nothing.

Traitors and back stabbing good for nothing Southern Nigerian Governors lipsrsealed

fulani terrorist
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by AmuEbule: 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Obamaofusa:

I am a fulani terrorist

Then, go and hug transformer cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Josbreed: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
I knew it. Supreme court governor and Davido Umahia would not attend. Traitors.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by onumadu: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
Does anybody notice that ANAMBRA governor Willie Obiano did not attend, and he did not send a representative.
Why is Willie Obiano so afraid of Buhari?
What does Buhari have on him?
Egwu dikwa. cry angry
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Buckeyemedia1: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
AmuEbule:
shocked

Traitors and back stabbing good for nothing Southern Nigerian Governors lipsrsealed
Useless Thieves, they say they want true fiscal federalism, give Local Government their autonomy & money, they said no, but they want the Federal Government to cede them more powers? Hypocrites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by SALTandFIRE: 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
Naa them Dem
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Buckeyemedia1: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
onumadu:
Does anybody notice that ANAMBRA governor Willie Obiano did not attend, and he did not send a representative.
Why is Willie Obiano so afraid of Buhari?
What does Buhari have on him?
Egwu dikwa. cry angry
So both Pdp & APC said the President must come from the South of Nigeria, isn’t that a joke?
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Governors must cooperate and form a forest guard unit across the south, well armed, and financed by all southern states, it should be under the Nigerian military, in terms of training and control. We must be proactive, use your money to secure your land first.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by IdJack(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
This is a good development.

Push for this VAT issue, so the State can control their revenue.

Check my signature for more business news

OEPHIUS:
#Enugulive

COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE MEETING OF THE GOVERNORS OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA IN THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE, ON THURSDAY, 16TH SEPTEMBER 2021.

The Nigerian Southern Governors’ Forum at its meeting of today, Thursday, 16th September 2021 held in the Government House, Enugu, Enugu State reviewed the state of the nation and the progress of implementation of the decisions reached in her previous meetings and further resolved as follows:

1. Expressed satisfaction with the rate at which the States in the Southern Nigeria are enacting or amending the Anti- Open Grazing Laws which align with the uniform template and aspiration of Southern Governors and encouraged the States that are yet to enact this law to do so expeditiously.

2. Encouraged the full operationalization of already agreed regional security outfits; which would meet, share intelligence and collaborate, to ensure the security and safety of the region.

3. Reaffirmed its earlier commitment to fiscal federalism as resolved at the inaugural meeting of the Forum held on Tuesday, 11th May 2021 at Asaba, Delta State and emphasized the need for the Southern States to leverage the legislative competence of their respective State Houses of Assembly as well as representation in the National assembly to pursue its inclusion in the Nigerian Constitution through the ongoing constitutional amendment.

4. Following from paragraph “3” above, the meeting resolved to support the position that the collection of VAT falls within the powers of the States.

5. Expressed satisfaction with the handling of issues around the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) and ownership of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) by the larger Nigerian Governors’ Forum.

6. Reiterated their earlier position that the next President of Nigeria must come from the Southern part of Nigeria in line with politics of equity, justice and fairness.

7. The Forum thanked the host Governor, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, and chose Rivers State as the next host for the Southern Governors’ Forum meeting in November 2021.

His Excellency
Arakunrin Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu, SAN
Governor, Ondo State and Chairman, Southern Governors’ Forum
His Excellency
Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Uguwanyi, Governor, Enugu State

His Excellency Gboyega Oyetola, Governor, Osun State
His Excellency
Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa,
Governor, Delta State

His Excellency Babajide Sanwo-Olu Governor, Lagos State

His Excellency
Sen. Douye Diri,
Governor, Bayelsa State

His Excellency Udom Emmnuel Governor, Akwa Ibom State
His Excellency
Nyesom Wike,
Governor, Rivers State

His Excellency Prince Dapo Abiodun, Governor, Ogun State
His Excellency
Hon. Shaibu Philip, Dep. Governor, Edo State

His Excellency Prof. Placid Njoku Dep. Governor, Imo State
His Excellency
Sir Ude Oko Chukwu,
Dep. Governor, Abia State

His Excellency Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi Dep. Governor, Ekiti State
His Excellency
Dr. Eric Kelechi Igwe, Dep. Governor, Ebonyi State

His Excellency Rauf Olaniyan Dep. Governor, Oyo State

His Excellency
Prof. Ivara Ejemot Esu
Dep. Governor, Cross River State

#EnuguStateIsInTheHandsOfGod
#amokelouis
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
hisexcellency34:
I know Supreme Court governor won't attend
He's a very very useless man. The FG, through the supreme court forced that useless man unto Imolites and he's only there to serve the will of his slavemasters
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Blackdisciple(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Those that send their deputies are traitors of the south e.g;

Imo state.
Ebonyi state.
Cross River state.
Abia state.
Oyo state.
Edo state.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by NairaMaster1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2021
AmuEbule:
shocked

Thank God Your Buhari has wasted more tax payers money than them.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by NLKing01: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
I'm liking this seriously. God bless Southern Governors
OEPHIUS:
#Enugulive

COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE MEETING OF THE GOVERNORS OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA IN THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE, ON THURSDAY, 16TH SEPTEMBER 2021.

The Nigerian Southern Governors’ Forum at its meeting of today, Thursday, 16th September 2021 held in the Government House, Enugu, Enugu State reviewed the state of the nation and the progress of implementation of the decisions reached in her previous meetings and further resolved as follows:

1. Expressed satisfaction with the rate at which the States in the Southern Nigeria are enacting or amending the Anti- Open Grazing Laws which align with the uniform template and aspiration of Southern Governors and encouraged the States that are yet to enact this law to do so expeditiously.

2. Encouraged the full operationalization of already agreed regional security outfits; which would meet, share intelligence and collaborate, to ensure the security and safety of the region.

3. Reaffirmed its earlier commitment to fiscal federalism as resolved at the inaugural meeting of the Forum held on Tuesday, 11th May 2021 at Asaba, Delta State and emphasized the need for the Southern States to leverage the legislative competence of their respective State Houses of Assembly as well as representation in the National assembly to pursue its inclusion in the Nigerian Constitution through the ongoing constitutional amendment.

4. Following from paragraph “3” above, the meeting resolved to support the position that the collection of VAT falls within the powers of the States.

5. Expressed satisfaction with the handling of issues around the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) and ownership of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) by the larger Nigerian Governors’ Forum.

6. Reiterated their earlier position that the next President of Nigeria must come from the Southern part of Nigeria in line with politics of equity, justice and fairness.

7. The Forum thanked the host Governor, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, and chose Rivers State as the next host for the Southern Governors’ Forum meeting in November 2021.

His Excellency
Arakunrin Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu, SAN
Governor, Ondo State and Chairman, Southern Governors’ Forum
His Excellency
Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Uguwanyi, Governor, Enugu State

His Excellency Gboyega Oyetola, Governor, Osun State
His Excellency
Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa,
Governor, Delta State

His Excellency Babajide Sanwo-Olu Governor, Lagos State

His Excellency
Sen. Douye Diri,
Governor, Bayelsa State

His Excellency Udom Emmnuel Governor, Akwa Ibom State
His Excellency
Nyesom Wike,
Governor, Rivers State

His Excellency Prince Dapo Abiodun, Governor, Ogun State
His Excellency
Hon. Shaibu Philip, Dep. Governor, Edo State

His Excellency Prof. Placid Njoku Dep. Governor, Imo State
His Excellency
Sir Ude Oko Chukwu,
Dep. Governor, Abia State

His Excellency Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi Dep. Governor, Ekiti State
His Excellency
Dr. Eric Kelechi Igwe, Dep. Governor, Ebonyi State

His Excellency Rauf Olaniyan Dep. Governor, Oyo State

His Excellency
Prof. Ivara Ejemot Esu
Dep. Governor, Cross River State

#EnuguStateIsInTheHandsOfGod
#amokelouis
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Norwichsailor(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
pfadom:

When will PDP stop deceiving us? Those positioning themselves for the Office of the National Chairman of the PDP are majorly from the Southern part. This implies that they have technically zoned the presidency to the North. All that matters to them is to win the presidential election come 2023.

I weep for the future of Nigeria!!
If APC zones it to the south we will vote APC.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by AmuEbule: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Thank God Your Buhari has wasted more tax payers money than them.

No no no no no no no no. It's your Buhari ok. I don't know him and didn't vote for him. cheesy grin lipsrsealed
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Lovenorth: 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
Trash, this is the most useless communiqué I have ever seen, it is a waste of time and energy, you can't dictate to use how we should vote, we are not stupids we know what we want and nobody can be a stumbling block to it
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by MrMaestro: 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
Regional security outfit is huge.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Jlow2: 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
Saboteurs will always send their deputies
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Evaloyal2J(f): 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2021
All the moles were represented by their deputies.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by excel101(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
AmuEbule:
shocked

We from the Southern part of Naija, love them.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
PEOPLE LIKE WILL NOT LIKE THIS NEWS! ANYTHING THAT UNITES THE SOUTHERN PART OF NIGERIA IS ALWAYS A BONE IN THEIR THROAT. THEY ALWAYS WANT TO SEE THE SOUTH DISUNITED BUT OLUWA PASS DEM!
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by paramakina202: 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
BigYash:
I dey here.. I go take 1 burtu of ogogoro.. I go come next meeting, no worry grin
That drunk ,go do sleep forget meeting

Hehehehe hehehe ehehe eheheheh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I don't think he even sent his deputy.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by BigYash: 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
paramakina202:

Hehehehe hehehe ehehe eheheheh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I don't think he even sent his deputy.
Not sure grin
Na me and my deputy gada dey joint.. Wahala no dey finish jare grin
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by Tomek09(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Presidency is going back to the North after Buhari in 2023.

By then una go realize say Northerners are ready to produce 2million votes in Kano, Katsina, Kaduna, Bauchi, Sokoto and Kebbi.

Una eyes go soon clear, umu ezi.
Re: What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu by paramakina202: 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
BigYash:
Not sure grin
Na me and my deputy gada dey joint.. Wahala no dey finish jare grin

Make una enjoy yourselves grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Okays Statutory Delegates To Vote In APC National Convention, Others / Adams Oshiomhole Emerges As BRACED Chairman / Nigerians Slam Femi Adesina Over Statement On President Buhari's Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.