Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Interfaith Marriage. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interfaith Marriage. (891 Views)

US Interfaith Leaders Declare Nigeria Ticking Time Bomb / 200 Youth To Participate In Languages And Interfaith Dialogues / Interfaith—is It God’s Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Can you marry someone whose faith is totally different from yours?
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by gnykelly(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Yes...at the core we are all human... religion is a means of taming people.

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:

God's word says "Marry only in the Lord" but it's not a compulsion because God's word goes further to say:

The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences! Proverbs 22:3

God's word is just like counselling but only for the wise! smiley

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by TenQ: 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:
Yes you can!
Should you?
No, no you shouldn't!

Why?
If you are truely a child of God, your spiritual life and that of your offspring is in JEOPARDY!

If you knowingly invite satan to be your father-in-law, can you prevent him from visiting your house, marriage or family?

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
TenQ:

Yes you can!
Should you?
No, no you shouldn't!

Why?
If you are truely a child of God, your spiritual life and that of your offspring is in JEOPARDY!

If you knowingly invite satan to be your father-in-law, can you prevent him from visiting your house, marriage or family?
As an open minded person, I don't really see any issue with this as long as she's not too extreme with her faith. Have actually seen alot of couples who are interfaith and they are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm. Quite revealing.

MaxInDHouse:

God's word says "Marry only in the Lord" but it's not a compulsion because God's word goes further to say:

The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences! Proverbs 22:3

God's word is just like counselling but only for the wise! smiley
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:

As an open minded person, I don't really see any issue with this as long as she's not too extreme with her faith. Have actually seen alot of couples who are interfaith and they are doing well.

Things began going worse after Jesus casted Satan out of heaven {Revelations 12:7-12} that's why God's word said "my people perish due to lack of knowledge" {Hosea 4:6} after 1914 degrading morality has caused a lot of havoc in the human society so false religion can't work anymore unlike before when the difference was not much. Only true Christians can enjoy happy home in this last days! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by TenQ: 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:

It is not an issue with a Christian who is not serious about her faith and what becomes of the spirituality of her children.

Any Christian who values his/her spiritual life will NOT tempt God by making a wrong choice (from the spiritual point of view)

2 Likes

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
TenQ:

It is not an issue with a Christian who is not serious about her faith and what becomes of the spirituality of her children.

Any Christian who values his/her spiritual life will NOT tempt God by making a wrong choice (from the spiritual point of view)
I get your point.

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
Not all true christians have happy home.

MaxInDHouse:

Things began going worse after Jesus casted Satan out of heaven {Revelations 12:7-12} that's why God's word said "my people perish due to lack of knowledge" {Hosea 4:6} after 1914 degrading morality has caused a lot of havoc in the human society so false religion can't work anymore unlike before when the difference was not much. Only true Christians can enjoy happy home in this last days! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Too risky

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Ayo081(m): 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nah, Two heads they say better than one. I pray God give me someone that'll help the journey to eternity easier.
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Queenserah26(f): 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
No I can't.

I want a situation where my husband and I can eat from the same spiritual table, join our faiths together and pray concerning life issues, grow together both spiritually and ministerially.

2 Likes

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2021
Treasure17:

Not all true christians have happy home.
I agree with you on that but they are hundred times better than a home with DIVISIVE SPIRIT!

And while i say i agree with you it's only when a child born in that family choose to follow the world around him but as for the man and wife who built the foundation of their marriage on the solid rock (CHRIST) they are always happy together as a couple and nothing can break their marriage! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by petra1(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2021
Treasure17:

its against the bible

2Co 6:14 — 2Co 6:17(KJV)
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

3 Likes

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
Queenserah26:
No I can't.

I want a situation where my husband and I can eat from the same spiritual table, join our faiths together and pray concerning life issues, grow together both spiritually and ministerially.
Awesome. Mummy GO.
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2021
Ayo081:
Nah, Two heads they say better than one. I pray God give me someone that'll help the journey to eternity easier.
Lol. Not in all cases. 1000 naira to a dollar. grin
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Ayo081(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2021
Treasure17:

Lol. Not in all cases. 1000 naira to a dollar. grin
cry

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Ayo081(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
petra1:

its against the bible

2Co 6:14 — 2Co 6:17(KJV)
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Reminds me of

5 The Israelites lived among the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

6 They took their daughters in marriage and gave their own daughters to their sons, and served their gods.

7 The Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord; they forgot the Lord their God and served the Baals and the Asherahs.

8 The anger of the Lord burned against Israel so that he sold them into the hands of Cushan-Rishathaim king of Aram Naharaim, to whom the Israelites were subject for eight years.

Judges 3:5‭-‬8 NIV

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Queenserah26(f): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
grin grin grin
Treasure17:

Awesome. Mummy GO.

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
Queenserah26:
grin grin grin
You should have added aspiring mummy GO to your bio. grin You are a waterproofer?
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Queenserah26(f): 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
Yes, I am a waterproofer and a content writer.

Treasure17:

You should have added aspiring mummy GO to your bio. grin You are a waterproofer?
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
Queenserah26:
Yes, I am a waterproofer and a content writer.

Yeah saw that too. Why not utilize twitter for your services?
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Queenserah26(f): 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
I do but I prefer Nairaland in a way smiley

Treasure17:

Yeah saw that too. Why not utilize twitter for your services?
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
Alright. I get it. You are not active there anyway.

Queenserah26:
I do but I prefer Nairaland in a way smiley

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by achorladey: 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
Treasure17:

Have actually seen alot of couples who are interfaith and they are doing well

Na part of the variety wey dey this life.

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by achorladey: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Only true Christians can enjoy happy home in this last days!..... MaxInDHouse

Not all true christians have happy home..... Treasure17

I agree with you on that....... MaxInDHouse

In reality your first statement and response afterwards na CONTRADICTIONS.

Then the below......

but they are hundred times better than a home with DIVISIVE SPIRIT

Give statistics to prove it that those in interfaith marriages have DIVISIVE SPIRIT more than others. Se fini!
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by achorladey: 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Treasure17:

Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? Amos 3:3

Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction? Amos 3:3

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Treasure17(m): 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2021
achorladey:

Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? Amos 3:3

Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction? Amos 3:3
What if they agree?
Re: Interfaith Marriage. by achorladey: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2021
Treasure17:

What if they agree?

Then they carry their burden if they do.

1 Like

Re: Interfaith Marriage. by Ayo081(m): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
Actually I came across 1 Kings 11 today. It something God detest so much.

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

1 Corinthians 10:11‭-‬12 NIV

(1) (Reply)

End Of The World Sequence Of Events. / Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John / Who Was The Hottest Nigerian Gospel Act At 'the Experience' Dec 01 2006 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.