Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John (904 Views)

Scientific Blunder In The Quran About Fasting Between Sunrise And Sunset / Truth In The Quran About The Bible, And Jesus That Muslims Avoid / Pastor Caught Tearing And Burning The Quran In Kogi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2022
The author(s) of the Quran made a claim that nobody before John the Baptist was given the name John

"(It was said unto him): O Zachariah! Lo! We bring thee tidings of a son whose name is John; we have given the same name to none before (him)." - Quran 19:7

That is another of the numerous lies in the Quran!

John the Baptist was born around the first decade BC and died around 28-36 CE. There were at least two people from the Old Testament who were given the name John.

The first example in the Old Testament is the ruler named John Hyrcanus who died in 104 BC, around a hundred years before John the Baptist.

Since John originates from the Hebrew name Yohanan, the other example is the high priest named Johanan who lived during the 3rd century BC.

1 Like

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2022
AntiChristian, Haekymbahd, Empiree, Lukuluku69,
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by papagiddy(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2022
What do u expect from Quran before?? Just pure fables
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2022
papagiddy:
What do u expect from Quran before?? Just pure fables
You are right, but Muslims will want us believe that the Quran is the pure words of Allah which cannot be wrong.

That is why I’m exposing their lies
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by illicit(m): 11:54am On Nov 28, 2022
No one in his family has been named John

The tradition then is to give names within the family.

Look at the Bible record of John's birth for clarification
I am a Christian
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:
AntiChristian, Haekymbahd, Empiree, Lukuluku69,

I gave an assignment for the past Three months now.

Have you seen where Jesus went to Hellfire enroute heaven angry

1 Like

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:
The author(s) of the Quran made a claim that nobody before John the Baptist was given the name John

John the Baptist was born around the first decade BC and died around 28-36 CE. There were at least two people from the Old Testament who were given the name John.

The first example in the Old Testament is the ruler named John Hyrcanus who died in 104 BC, around a hundred years before John the Baptist.

Since John originates from the Hebrew name Yohanan, the other example is the high priest named Johanan who lived during the 3rd century BC.

Why you do what you do is left for you to answer.

يَا زَكَرِيَّا إِنَّا نُبَشِّرُكَ بِغُلَامٍ اسْمُهُ يَحْيَىٰ لَمْ نَجْعَلْ لَهُ مِنْ قَبْلُ سَمِيًّا

(His prayer was answered): "O Zakariya! We give thee good news of a son: His name shall be Yahya: on none by that name have We conferred distinction before."

Please provide the Name/s of any Israelite Prophet with the name Yahyah or John
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Why you do what you do is left for you to answer.

يَا زَكَرِيَّا إِنَّا نُبَشِّرُكَ بِغُلَامٍ اسْمُهُ يَحْيَىٰ لَمْ نَجْعَلْ لَهُ مِنْ قَبْلُ سَمِيًّا

(His prayer was answered): "O Zakariya! We give thee good news of a son: His name shall be Yahya: on none by that name have We conferred distinction before."

Please provide the Name/s of any Israelite Prophet with the name Yahyah or John
First and foremost, the Quranic verse didn’t say any israelite prophet, it says the name has not been given to NONE before. It didn’t say Israelites or prophet.

Nevertheless, check out the screenshot below

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

I gave an assignment for the past Three months now.

Have you seen where Jesus went to Hellfire enroute heaven angry
You didn’t give me any assignments. You made a claim and I asked you to substantiate it. That’s all.

I’ve been giving you references for the claims I make about Islam, so do the same and stop your silly melodrama.

You made a claim and you expect me to be the one to give you the proof, isn’t that silly of you?
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
illicit:
No one in his family has been named John
That Quranic verse didn’t say no one in his family it says no one at all. Stop defending nonsense!

I am a Christian
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

You didn’t give me any assignments. You made a claim and I asked you to substantiate it. That’s all.

I’ve been giving you references for the claims I make about Islam, so do the same and stop your silly melodrama.

You made a claim and you expect me to be the one to give you the proof, isn’t that silly of you?

It is actually the other way round. I wrote that Jesus went to Hellfire enroute heaven.

You as a Christian that have been reading the Bible all your life never knew about this piece of information.

When we say you don't know what your books contain, you will be saying another thing.

It is over three months now and you still did know where to find it or you must have come across it but Shame no gree you talk am.
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

First and foremost, the Quranic verse didn’t say any israelite prophet, it says the name has not been given to NONE before. It didn’t say Israelites or prophet.

Lol

Strawmanning.

Read what I posted again.
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 1:09pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

When you are done going round in circles:..

We give thee good news of a son: His name shall be Yahya: on none by that name have We conferred distinction before." Quran 19:7
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

https://fb.watch/h4o5mg8L6E/
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by illicit(m): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

That Quranic verse didn’t say no one in his family it says no one at all. Stop defending nonsense!

Congratulations

Referring to the Bible version
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
illicit:

Referring to the Bible version
I’m talking about the Quranic version here

1 Like

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

It is actually the other way round. I wrote that Jesus went to Hellfire enroute heaven.

You as a Christian that have been reading the Bible all your life never knew about this piece of information.

When we say you don't know what your books contain, you will be saying another thing.

It is over three months now and you still did know where to find it or you must have come across it but Shame no gree you talk am.
I’ve said it, reference you claims. I can’t reference your claims for you.

Like when your Quran goofed about none ever bearing the name John before John the Baptist, I gave you the reference I didn’t ask you to go and look for it, that is the honourable thing to do.
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

When you are done going round in circles:..

We give thee good news of a son: His name shall be Yahya: on none by that name have We conferred distinction before." Quran 19:7

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
[quote author=advocatejare post=118749246][/quote]

O Zechariah, indeed, We give you good news of a son. His name shall be John; on no other by that name have We already granted distinction. Quran 19:7

His name is not John. John is only a Latinised version of the Hebrew Name Yahya.

If you could be taken back in time to the Baptist's time, you would have shouted yourself self hoarse and Prophet Yahya ibn Zakaria would not even look at you twice by calling him John. The same way your Jesus is not known by that name.

But Carry on with what you are doing, we have seen worse mad men as you before. So nothing new.
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

O Zechariah, indeed, We give you good news of a son. His name shall be John; on no other by that name have We already granted distinction. Quran 19:7

His name is not John. John is only a Latinised version of the Hebrew Name Yahya.

If you could be taken back in time to the Baptist's time, you would have shouted yourself self hoarse and Prophet Yahya ibn Zakaria would not even look at you twice by calling him John. The same way your Jesus is not known by that name.

But Carry on with what you are doing, we have seen worse mad men as you before. So nothing new.
grin

Whether John, Yahaya, Yohanna or whatever the equivalent of John is, your Quran goofed because John was not the first to answer that name. There were people before him with such name.

So it only shows that illiterates wrote your Quran
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

grin

Whether John, Yahaya, Yohanna or whatever the equivalent of John is, your Quran goofed because John was not the first to answer that name. There were people before him with such name.

So it only shows that illiterates wrote your Quran

His name was never John same way Jesus name was never Jesus.

Jews never bare European/Heathens name.

His name is Yahya. So go into History and bring someone with that name who is also a Prophet, then we can talk.

Yohanna is just a later day nickname for anyone bearing John just like the Word "Jew" became an alias for " Judah"

Quit scouring all those Jewish site for the poo they put up. They are lost, and they are dragging a straying dog as you are along.
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

His name was never John same way Jesus name was never Jesus.

Jews never bare European/Heathens name.

His name is Yahya. So go into History and bring someone with that name who is also a Prophet, then we can talk.

Yohanna is just a later day nickname for anyone bearing John just like the Word "Jew" became an alias for " Judah"

Quit scouring all those Jewish site for the poo they put up. They are lost, and they are dragging a straying dog as you are along.

Don’t worry, I understand your frustration. It’s not easy to see your useless book exposed for being useless and historically incorrect.

Go and tell many translators of your English Quran that John is not the same as Yahaya.

Did you even know that Yah in Yahaya means Yahweh. That is to tell you that Yahweh is the true God and not the demonic Allah

2 Likes

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

Don’t worry, I understand your frustration. It’s not easy to see your useless book exposed for being useless and historically incorrect.

Go and tell many translators of your English Quran that John is not the same as Yahaya.

Did you even know that Yah in Yahaya means Yahweh. That is to tell you that Yahweh is the true God and not the demonic Allah

You have been waiting all your Life and from the look of things, wailing is yours till your miserable life ends here on earth. Ko kan aye, so wail on. I thought your madness is on a leash not knowing there has been a regression.

When you see John, Jesus, and many other Latinized version of the Hebrew/Aramaic/Arabic names, it is just a translation. Jesus was never called Jesus all his life and neither was Yahya called John in his time.

Continue in your grand delusions nah. Yahya means Yahweh and Y'isa too mean Yahweh.

Dunce, so Yahweh gave his name to John the Baptist abi?

Eleribu somebori

Now get thee behind me cheesy
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

You have been waiting all your Life and from the look of things, wailing is yours till your miserable life ends here on earth. Ko kan aye, so wail on. I thought your madness is on a leash not knowing there has been a regression.
You remind me of a mad prophet of Satan (Allah)

And they say, "O you upon whom the message has been sent down, indeed you are mad .
-Quran 15:6

Then they turned away from him and said, “[He Muhammad was] taught and he is a madman.”
Quran 44:14

And as expected, muhammad exhibited madness by thinking that he did what he didn’t do

Sahih al-Bukhari 3175
Narrated Aisha:
Once the Prophet (ﷺ) was bewitched so that he began to imagine that he had done a thing which in fact he had not done.

Sahih al-Bukhari 6063
Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet (ﷺ) continued for such-and-such period imagining that he has slept (had sexual relations) with his wives, and in fact he did not. One day he said, to me, "O `Aisha! Allah has instructed me regarding a matter about which I had asked Him. There came to me two men, one of them sat near…

He even snorted like a camel:

"...Would that I see revelation coming to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: Would it please you to see the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) receiving the revelations 'Umar lifted a corner of the cloth and I looked at him and he was emitting a sound of snorting. He (the narrator) said: I thought it was the sound of a camel..."
-Sahih Muslim Book 7, Hadith 2654

Yahya means Yahweh

The Hebrew name Yochanan (יוֹחָנָן‎), the contracted form of the longer name Yehochanan (יְהוֹחָנָן‎), meaning "Yahweh is Gracious" or "Yahweh is Merciful"

and Y'isa too mean Yahweh.

There is nothing like Yisa, it’s the nonsense false Jesus muhammad told you about in his demonic book

The Greek form is probably a rendering of the Hebrew and Aramaic name ישוע (Yēšūaʿ), a shorter variant of the earlier Hebrew name יהושע (Yəhōšūaʿ, English: "Joshua"wink

The name Yəhōšūaʿ likely means "Yahweh saves “

As you can see, it’s Yahweh not the demonic Allah

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

You remind me of a mad prophet of Satan (Allah)

And they say, "O you upon whom the message has been sent down, indeed you are mad .

Then they turned away from him and said, “[He Muhammad was] taught and he is a madman.”

And as expected, muhammad exhibited madness by thinking that he did what he didn’t do

Sahih al-Bukhari 3175
Narrated Aisha:
Once the Prophet (ﷺ) was bewitched so that he began to imagine that he had done a thing which in fact he had not done.

Sahih al-Bukhari 6063
Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet (ﷺ) continued for such-and-such period imagining that he has slept (had sexual relations) with his wives, and in fact he did not. One day he said, to me, "O `Aisha! Allah has instructed me regarding a matter about which I had asked Him. There came to me two men, one of them sat near…

"...Would that I see revelation coming to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: Would it please you to see the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) receiving the revelations 'Umar lifted a corner of the cloth and I looked at him and he was emitting a sound of snorting. He (the narrator) said: I thought it was the sound of a camel..."

The Hebrew name Yochanan (יוֹחָנָן‎), the contracted form of the longer name Yehochanan (יְהוֹחָנָן‎), meaning "Yahweh is Gracious" or "Yahweh is Merciful"

There is nothing like Yisa, it’s the nonsense false Jesus muhammad told you about in his demonic book

The Greek form is probably a rendering of the Hebrew and Aramaic name ישוע (Yēšūaʿ), a shorter variant of the earlier Hebrew name יהושע (Yəhōšūaʿ, English: "Joshua"wink

The name Yəhōšūaʿ likely means "Yahweh saves “

As you can see, it’s Yahweh not the demonic Allah

Lol

But Jesus was also called a Mad Man in the Bible, does that mean is he mad?

Abi you want me to reference that for your ignorant as.s too?

So, you now agree that the Baptist correct name is Yahya and not John as you have been saying all along because it sounds closer to your Yahweh?

Keep at it, one day you will see the road if Allah wills it.

There was a mad man in Holland too like you l, watch the video below and see what becomes of him.

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by AntiChristian: 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

Allah gave Yahyah the name by Himself!

Show me where Allah gave anyone else that name by Himself!
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Lol

But Jesus was also called a Mad Man in the Bible, does that mean is he mad?

Abi you want me to reference that for your ignorant as.s too?

So, you now agree that the Baptist correct name is Yahya and not John as you have been saying all along because it sounds closer to your Yahweh?

Keep at it, one day you will see the road if Allah wills it.

There was a mad man in Holland too like you l, watch the video below and see what becomes of him.

Jesus didn’t manifest any evidence of madness like muhammad did and even the Quran attests to it:

Sahih al-Bukhari 3175
Narrated Aisha:

Sahih al-Bukhari 6063
Narrated `Aisha:

Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Allah gave Yahyah the name by Himself!

Show me where Allah gave anyone else that name by Himself!
Unfortunately, that is not what is written in the Quran that he will be given a name Allah hasn’t given anyone by himself, it says a name not given to anyone before him.

Show me the mention of Allah in that verse and I’ll believe you.

BTW, why would Allah give someone a name that means Yahweh is gracious?

Is Allah the same as Yahweh?

That is what ignorance did to muhammad!
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

Jesus didn’t manifest any evidence of madness like muhammad did and even the Quran attests to it:

Sahih al-Bukhari 3175
Narrated Aisha:

Sahih al-Bukhari 6063
Narrated `Aisha:

Dunce, the Jews called Jesus a mad man.

The Pagan Arabs said as much about The Prophet.

In your bias, you deny one and accept the other.

While the Muslim deny both.

Now tell me is is mad? You know it takes madness to know one.

Like I said, keep at it. Every single word you say, that I say, a day is coming that you and I will account for it. Please don't stop o, continue scouring those jewsih sites. They have loads of stuff for you the straying dogs to lap up.

Just keep at it.
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Lukuluku69 is a Dunce, the Jews called Jesus a mad man.

The Pagan Arabs said as much about The Prophet.

In your bias, you deny one and accept the other.

While the Muslim deny both.

Now tell me is is mad? You know it takes madness to know one.

Like I said, keep at it. Every single word you say, that I say, a day is coming that you and I will account for it. Please don't stop o, continue scouring those jewsih sites. They have loads of stuff for you the straying dogs to lap up.

Just keep at it.

A man who was hallucinating about having sex when he didn’t have it is a mad man. Muhammad did it and your hadith reported it that was mentally imbalance for some period of time

A man who said he has a demon is a mad man, muhammad said it

The man that got pinned down three times in a cave and heard voice and saw a figure tormenting him is a mad man. Muhammad experienced it.

The man that snorted like a camel when his demon was oppressing him is a mad man. Muhammad snorted like a camel
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by Lukuluku69(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
advocatejare:

A man who was hallucinating about having sex when he didn’t have it is a mad man. Muhammad did it and your hadith reported it that was mentally imbalance for some period of time

A man who said he has a demon is a mad man, muhammad said it

The man that got pinned down three times in a cave and heard voice and saw a figure tormenting him is a mad man. Muhammad experienced it.

The man that snorted like a camel when his demon was oppressing him is a mad man. Muhammad snorted like a camel

Keep repeating it.

A day is approaching that you and I will give account for every word, even the idle ones.

Just keep at it.
Re: Historical Inaccuracy In The Quran About The Name John by advocatejare(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Keep repeating it.
I need to repeat it so that you can know the madness characteristics he displayed.

He hallucinated about having sex when he didn’t have sex

He said that demon lived in him

He was pinned down by a demon and he ran home to meet Khadija his sugar mommy to rescue him from the demon

He snorted like a camel

No wonder he was named muhamMAD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Church Workers Refused My Entering Their Church To Worship This Morning. / Perfection Is Possible. / The End Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.