Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation (23899 Views)

Professors Oladiji, Ogunsola & Olatunji-Bello (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Approves Appointment Of Olatunji-Bello As LASU's Vice-chancellor / Profile Of Prof. Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello, LASU Vice Chancellor (VC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by galaxypropertie: 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ali Modu sheriff speaks on igbo presidency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb8mVMT1dyQ
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by slowice(m): 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
I thought every "eko oni baje" chanting Yoruba in lagos is a lagos indigene? Abi when dem share am? Ọ baje oo grin

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by caandi: 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
They should not complain, all these while they’ve been marginalising other indigenes of other states nko? Pls let’s hear word
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by abysirius(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
Who are the people appraising them? The same pple that believe it their right to decide the next VC.
They should go to court that governor shouldn't have the right to appoint a state owned university VC.
Terrence99:

According to the report, there was a screening exercise for the post and she came last position. It was conducted again and she came last again.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by legba1(m): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Folks should read the news body rather than the headlines....

the write said she came last on two screening test and that members of the screening board were remove because they refused to be compromised thereby paving way for her emergence.....

In one word, merit was thrown to the dogs just to favor her....the talk of her not being an indegene does not hold water here because shes married to an islander, so shes an indegene by registration

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Ayomi90: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
Bennysam:
Hahaha I think all the Yoruba's is the same, why are they complaining of not appointing none indigenes? Useless people, if it's another tribe now they will full here and be talking trash
Can't u see u r the useless one? Did u even know what the matter is about? No, u just come here to run ur mouth. Mugun

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Maobichek: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
Bennysam:
Hahaha I think all the Yoruba's is the same, why are they complaining of not appointing none indigenes? Useless people, if it's another tribe now they will full here and be talking trash

Hmmmm!!! So fellow Yorubas are aliens in Lagos, Tribalism is everywhere oh! OBJ introduced "indigenization Policy" while he was the military leader of Nigeria but Nigerians didn't know that tribalism has been introduced.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Fortune109: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
If I from Lagos Island cannot be a governor in ondo, Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti... without the people asking me to point to our family compound in their state, I think Lagos indigenes should wake up too

6 Likes

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Maobichek: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
Lastmankc:
So,no be only IPOB them dey marginalized?

Hahahaaaa!!! You are looking for trouble oh! Everyone is now talking about merit, let this stance be aptly apply if this happen in other parts of Nigeria, that is fairness.

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Lightorder: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mastakija:
them appoint non indigene wey na even yoruba una still they shout
If na another tribe nko
to be tribalistic against your own too ? Let her be . My joy is that she is a woman . I am tired of fellow men in leadership in this country
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Lightorder: 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
Oddfinder:
Governor; ogun state
Speaker;ogun state
No lagos indigene has been governor before..
Omoluabis thinz . Tomorrow some Igbos would tell me who is more of Igbo than others. Our head no correct in this Nigeria. East , West , North , South , sick people everywhere
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by unbitchable(m): 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Lagos State belongs to Lagosians not any Oduduwa people, Omo Eko have told all those orisha people that want to claim Eko by attaché Force., yeye Oduduwa Republicans disturbing the General Assembly in New York. Go and create your Oduduwa Republic with the capital in Osogbo or Ibadan & leave us & our beautiful Lagos in peace. Biko.
Will you stop embarrassing your family online. Does your father's name appear among the group?.
I can't expect an empty head comprehend the message from the report.
Did your father stamp Nigeria on his forehead when he was born?..
why does your chest always shake at the mention of separatist groups?
Ugly old woman, abeg rest.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Lightorder: 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Sirpaul:
Make dem kukuma put MC Oluomo make we rest na
Abi o ? Or Kunle poly
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Lightorder: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
No matter how great a household is there will still be a bastard, this are Lagos bastards
If she is the one you are referring to , then you have just seen a bastard that is far greater than you ever
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by siant: 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Lagos State belongs to Lagosians not any Oduduwa people, Omo Eko have told all those orisha people that want to claim Eko by attaché Force., yeye Oduduwa Republicans disturbing the General Assembly in New York. Go and create your Oduduwa Republic with the capital in Osogbo or Ibadan & leave us & our beautiful Lagos in peace. Biko.
Who are lagosians?
Which eko are you referring to sef? Lagos island or Lagos State?
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by oluwaseyi0: 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
Lightorder:
If she is the one you are referring to , then you have just seen a bastard that is far greater than you ever

No I'm not referring to the erudite and admirable professor VC

I'm talking about the useless eko group

1 Like

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by saintmm(m): 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
post=105886855:
Here we go again

But how can a country ever move forward with this kinda archaic and stupid mentality.

Tribalism in all sphere of life has eaten into the brains of most people.

Tueh....
Anyways,
Words of wisdom from the elders of the
Iland.......
l hope you read where it was said, this candidate came last twice in the selection exercise annulled by Sanwoolu and how he fought some persons to get her there.
BTW, I'm, not concerned about where she came from, but, her unpopularity in the selection process which cast a shadow of incompetence on her in handling the exalted office. Even though it's a state University meant for predominantly indegene of the state, merit must not supercede personal sentiment which was a reverse in her case, a case of double tragedy to Lagos indegenes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Akinsete19(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Who are the Lagosians? Is it the Liberated slaves or repatriated slaves?
The funniest thing is that everyone migrated to Lagos, including you.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by muller101(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
[s]
post=105886855:
Here we go again

But how can a country ever move forward with this kinda archaic and stupid mentality.

Tribalism in all sphere of life has eaten into the brains of most people.

Tueh....
Anyways,
Words of wisdom from the elders of the land.......
[/s]
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
This is rubbish. I'm a true son of Lagos state from EPE and I don't have any problem with anyone from Yoruba land occupying the post.
Give the job to the most qualified candidate from Yoruba land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Fortune109: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
Akinsete19:
Who are the Lagosians? Is it the Liberated slaves or repatriated slaves?
The funniest thing is that everyone migrated to Lagos, including you.

In the place you call your hometown today,I want to believe your forefathers did not germinate from the soil like maize...

How people are quick to bring up migration argument when it comes to Lagos is nauseating...

2 Likes

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Akinsete19(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Fortune109:

In the place you call your hometown today,I want to believe your forefathers did not germinate from the soil like maize...

Why people are quick to bring up migration argument when it comes to Lagos is nauseating...

Comedian!!! You want to be forming Lagos Island indigene for me cheesy cheesy

Stop claiming what you don't know. Ask your forefathers to trace your root, it will be from other south western states.

I studied Lagos history for 5 years, so I can school you on it. Don't think everyone on the internet are ignorant.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Bngf: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Really
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by observanc1: 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
BigSarah:

Lmao the kind of analysis some Nairalanders make sometimes sef grin angry
are bola tinubu and ambode from lagos?
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by CallmeGideon: 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
No matter how great a household is there will still be a bastard, this are Lagos bastards
look at people that claim to have respect for their elders. The same people that doesn't wake their own father's with sliding tackle calling their elders bastards. So much for people that have respect for their elders. So someone speaking out against injustice is now a crime? E no get wetin sycophancy no go cause for this country.
Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Fortune109: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Akinsete19:
Stop claiming what you don't know. Ask your forefathers about your root. It will be other southern states and not Lagos.

I studied Lagos history for 5 years, so I can school you on it. Don't think everyone on the internet are ignorant.

It seems you don't get it...

Everyone migrated from somewhere, that's my point. How y'all quickly use that against Lagos indigenes is very insensitive...

Also we are not talking 50, 100 or even 200 years ago here

2 Likes

Re: Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation by Miller232: 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mastakija:
Senseless talk
So bcus he want to appoint someone for a post he should leave the qualified ones and start looking for indigenes upandan

Abi Is she not a yoruba too

All this illiterates ppl sha

Thank you jare bro
Bunch of Illiterates na the rubbish mentality wey dem dey carry during elections wey dey make dem dey elect stupid leaders

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Rescued After Being Thrown Away For Being A "Witch" Starts School / Professors Oladiji, Ogunsola & Olatunji-Bello (Photo) / Kaduna State University Suspends Bala A.B. Umar Over Sex For Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.