Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? (23229 Views)

Alec Baldwin: Manslaughter Charges DROPPED After Fatal Movie Set Shooting / Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set / Mide Martins Backs Omoborty On Movie Set (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by lexy2014: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Modified brazza

Cheers
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by LordofGenerals: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2021
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by Nephilim: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2021
Executive Producer - puts money down
Producer - buy the ingredients
Director - cook the food
Audience (we) - chop the food.

Writer - writes out the recipe for the food. grin grin

Op u grab.
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2021
A lot of people writing on that front page don't know anything about producing movies o.

But see them forming prof

Nigerians sha
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by ohosi4real(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2021
Executive producer is the owner of the label CEO of the movie example. OJ production, navada production, tiger gate production etc while producer is the person who produced the movie order a particular label. You can be a executive producer also be a producer because you are The owner of the label also product movie order the label.
A good example, if i have a movie wanted to shot and don't have a registered movie label, I will go meet one of the owner label to tell he that I want to shot movie order your label then if he give me the permission that mean the owner of the movie label will be the executive producer while I will be producer.
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2021
The Executive Producer is the owner and the person or group of persons whose money is been used to finance a project.

The Producer is the person who is in involved in the day to say production of the project. He is the person who spends the money from the Executive Producer in bringing together all the crew involved in the production. He makes sure he achieves success with the budget of the EP
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by mabea: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2021
Producer na him do the film, hire the director and oversee everything about the movie but the executive producer naim comot all the money wey them take do the film.
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by Timagex(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2021
Classickj:

Must you always post this pictures

Don't you another pics to post

I want these pictures to stick, hence, the repetition. When it's time to switch to other pictures, I will.

Thank you sir. cool
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by podium(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2021
free2ryhme:

Executive Producer: The CEO
The executive producer is like the CEO of the project. She hires the key leaders and talent – including directors, stars and producers – and supervises them. The executive producer often finances the project, either funding it herself or finding investors to raise the capital needed for production. A company can serve in the executive producer capacity and have one of its employees working as the executive producer. An executive producer may manage several projects at once and not go to the set at all, delegating tasks to those below her.

Producer: The Supervisor
The producer is the on-set supervisor of everything happening on the film or show. Every department head reports to the producer. He also collaborates with the director to ensure everything needed to realize the vision of the project is available and meets the budget. The producer maintains the budget financed by the executive producer and supervises, coordinates and schedules all main components of the project – from development through the distribution release.
Are you a mass comm or comm art student or graduate! I wanted to display wat I was taught... Only for me to see dis... This is our field...
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by podium(m): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2021
[quote author=RaseJudex post=105924660]The difference is that the producer only provides the money for the production of the movie while the executive producer provides the money and also gets involved in the actual production of the movie. He is involved in the activities of producing the movie. [/quote

Wrong...
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by b3llo(m): 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

The executive Producer is the boss of the bosses who makes the finance resources available while the producer is a boss that makes the artist and other production crew and materials available and makes sure there is a movie.

The director puts all together and makes the movie.

In other words the Executive Producer and the Producer can be one and the same, or can be separate individuals depending on the sphere of influence

Modified
what is the meaning of ACE & ASC that they add to their names? Thanks
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by gasparpisciotta: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
b3llo:
what is the meaning of ACE & ASC that they add to their names? Thanks

ACE & ASC are acronyms like BSc or PhD.

ACE- American Cinema Editors or Associates of Cinema Editors
ASC - American Society of Cinematographers
Those titles are often localized.
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by Pegi23(f): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
Executive producer is the one who put in more money to make the production of the film a reality...producer is the one who edit and produce the film
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by RichNFamos1: 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
I have YouTube channels for sell
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by Mandyjosh: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
I know the work of a director,who then is excutive director
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by sfx9ja(m): 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
Point of correction to some of us here. There is no executive director in a movie. Just director and his name always comes last. E get why. Now back to the subject matter executive producer finances the movie. He may be a business person who knows nothing about movies sef... his own is profit or loss.. the producer. Hires the director, allots and dispenses funds, procures locations and props etc...make i end here i no sabi type long thing anyone who wants to know more can contact me.
Re: What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set? by Noblefreeman(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2021
In our lives, God is the executive Producer, Jesus is the Producer, and Holy spirit is the Director.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2019:- Spoiler Alerts Ahead Of Bbnaija 4 Kick Off / Netflix Dedicates 'A Naija Christmas' To Late Actress Rachel Oniga / BBNAIJA: Tobi And Rico Swavey Win 2 Million Naira From Nokia 8 Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.