Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder (30688 Views)

AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / CBN Confirms N410.25/$ As New Official Exchange Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by CrazyGranddad(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
Currency speculation is illegal.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
so abokifx is even owned by a yoruba guy... i thought it would be owned by a hause guy, hence the nema abokifx.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by SarkinYarki: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
Useless govt
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by pat077: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
So if I need dollars, I should just walk straight to my bank and get it na so he easy. The same bank that can't allow me to order an item that is above 100 dollars monthly.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Miyachi: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
I don't understand this.
So because this man has created a tool for price discovery he has committed a sin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by blackpanda: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
This emefiele guy is mad

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Fragility6: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Aboki fx has been around for long,naira no dive.buhari n he goons enter power scatter d naira now na mirage dem dey pursue instead of implementing good policies.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by pat077: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
so abokifx is even owned by a yoruba guy... i thought it would be owned by a hause guy, hence the nema abokifx.
he would have been untouchable if it was owned by an aboki.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Lankybaby(f): 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
Anyone here that can help me out with student loan please
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
pat077:
he would have been untouchable if it was owned by an aboki.

why do you say so?
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by justking(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
Cbn
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by FreeStuffsNG: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
Another one bites the dust. He claimed to be a British citizen who sits down in his comfy in London and fixes parallel exchange rate to raise the incentive for speculators.
This is a bit late for CBN to have figured since but it's better late than never. This forex racketeering and speculation just has to stop! He dare not try this criminal activity in the UK, his adopted country, but he is sitting overseas and using his education to wreck an already bad situation yet folks are here wondering what his going on shocked The CBN governor is right that he will make sure the guy face charges for economic sabotage.

Go and check out comments and posts by this Oniwinde guy, he will even be among those blaming Buhari and Emefiele! There are many Oniwinde here on Nairaland.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by alizma: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
“The only exchange rate remains the I&E window, which is the market we expect everybody who wishes to procure or sell forex to get it,”

I said the above yesterday and some people that know nothing on how the fx market operates and how it can be influenced by a platform like abokifx were talking trash.

If you deal on dollars and also follow abokifx last week, you would have noticed that between Tuesday and Thursday that something was fishy.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by AmuEbule: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder
When CBN confirm Investigation of Nigerian Bank Executives who are playing them and their rules like table tennis?
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by ifex370(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
JohnSin97:
They want to bring our Yoruba brother down. He's taking the business of aboki BDC.

How many abokis have they picked up on the street for selling dollar at mad rates.....one Nigeria yoruba fools will not smell the coffee until it's too late.

From EFCC attacks on businesses in the west to draconic laws against Yoruba tech firms..... it's clear that economic sabotage of Yoruba's is in gear. The annoying thing is the ignorance of most Yorubas to what is happening. People like seun osewa and this his website is another to priority for this people to sabotage.

This guys comment is a clear cut pointer as to why we cannot succeed as a nation

7 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Miyachi: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
CrazyGranddad:
Currency speculation is illegal.
Do you understand what currency speculation is? How and why is it illegal? That is the foundation of the forex market, banks, businesses and even countries do this.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by FreeStuffsNG: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
ifex370:

This guys comment is a clear cut pointer as to why we cannot succeed as a nation
Please don't make same mistake you are accusing him of.
He is speaking for himself not for Nigerians. Na dem dem; they are all about whataboutism while they use their education to destroy what others are building. He or she may not even be in Nigeria! They blame Buhari and Emefiele for protecting the rest of the innocent citizens from their greed and ungodly sabotage of our national currency.
Imagine how anyone won't see anything wrong in one random guy singlehandedly fixing parallel exchange rate here in Nigeria from his room in the UK and not even claiming to be a Nigerian and not based in Nigeria! The company itself is registered in the UK with £1000 in its account for 6 years yet moving millions of USD here in Nigeria and fixing exchange rate!
They are many! I pray that God will help PMB and Emefiele end their reign of terror and economic sabotage.
May God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by JohnSin97: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
ifex370:

I won't interpret what you said to mean anything cus I don't understand. But being delusional in the face of sabotage is equal to stupidity. Delusional to the way individuals from certain groups are being treated....you may pride yourself as a one Nigerian progressive but to the average aboki when the riot starts you're simply bush meat.

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Simbrixton(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
so abokifx na yoruba
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Miyachi: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
alizma:
“The only exchange rate remains the I&E window, which is the market we expect everybody who wishes to procure or sell forex to get it,”

I said the above yesterday and some people that know nothing on how the fx market operates and how it can be influenced by a platform like abokifx were talking trash.

If you deal on dollars and also follow abokifx last week, you would have noticed that between Tuesday and Thursday that something was fishy.
You're joking.

How long has AbokiFX been in operation? Since from time immemorial there has always been a parallel USD/NGN market that trades at a premium and there will always be until international trade settlement is no longer in USD and the CBN can sufficiently meet demand.

Market prices are a reflection of supply and demand amongst other things. AbokiFX only publishes the prices as they are, it is a tool for price discovery and every reasonable market has one. It does not influence the market in any way, it is the unreasonable policies of this government that has caused this chaos.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by ifex370(m): 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

He is speaking for himself not for Nigerians. Na dem dem; they are all about whataboutism while they use their education to destroy what others are building. He or she may not even be in Nigeria!
Imagine how anyone won't see anything wrong in one random guy singlehandedly fixing parallel exchange rate is not even claiming to be a Nigerian and not based in Nigeria! The company itself is registered in the UK with £1000 in its account for 6 years yet moving millions of USD here in Nigeria and fixing exchange rate!

The funny part of it is that an average Nigerian just clearly defended the stupidity in the concept. Whether or not he stands something to gain.

The CBN is actually trying to help us out here. They have nothing to lose after all.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Tmex(m): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
adonainana:

If you need dollar like 1 million dollars to import raw materials go to your bank and wait for 6 months so you can wait for another 6 months for dollars bank themselves don’t have

If you want to sell dollar go to your bank and sell lower than you will sell in the street. I hat you should sell for 550 go to your bank and sell for 450

I don’t know who Nigeria offend oooo by allowing these people to make decisions for us

This is really bad

These guys at clueless, just jumping from one policy to another

Anyway pls I send pounds to naira check my avatar
I beg to disagree CBN is just doing the right thing, though it may be difficult to achieve. There should be only one exchange rate ie CBN rate theres nothing like aboki rate its pure sabotage. One important thing CBN needs to work on is make dollars more available to banks and outlaw the use of so called bureau de change, that way the actual demand and supply of dollars is monitored and used to regulate rates.

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by JohnSin97: 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Please don't make same mistake you are accusing him of.
He is speaking for himself not for Nigerians. Na dem dem; they are all about whataboutism while they use their education to destroy what others are building. He or she may not even be in Nigeria!
Imagine how anyone won't see anything wrong in one random guy singlehandedly fixing parallel exchange rate here in Nigeria from his room in the UK and not even claiming to be a Nigerian and not based in Nigeria! The company itself is registered in the UK with £1000 in its account for 6 years yet moving millions of USD here in Nigeria and fixing exchange rate!

I've always said that you're a poor rettarded fagg0t who doesn't understand the basic concept of capitalism, poor chimps like you justify bringing down successful people because you're a frustrated urchin. Don't speak on matters that you don't understand.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Dreamhighnow(m): 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2021
post=105909628:

Incoherent jargons as usual.
Instead of you to be patient and read comments from people who know about this, you are here embarrassing yasef online.

Adedotun is now an aboki name to you aight?
Y'all will be alrite las las.....

You are the one not reading well. He said aboki business. Is BDC not aboki business? He is not talking of the founder of abokifx.

You have sold your conscience and your future generation cos of BMC stipends. Doing blind following. It is so sad

2 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by FreeStuffsNG: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
JohnSin97:

I've always said that you're a poor rettarded fagg0t who doesn't understand the basic concept of capitalism, poor chimps like you justify bringing down successful people because you're a frustrated urchin. Don't speak on matters that you don't understand.

Cc Seun Myndd44 Lalasticala
Since I don't use uncouth words and can't engage in idle unproductive exchanges 'successful' folks like you enjoy, I will just report you to the mods.

We will not allow you kill our nairaland with toxic comments like you did with Twitter.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Bigchristo: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
etokhana:
https://www.nairaland.com/6756639/cbn-shuts-down-abokifx-bank#105876490

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-confirms-investigation-of-oniwinde-adedotun-abokifx-founder/amp
One thing I’ve come to understand about this current government, instead of them finding solutions of how to stabilize the country’s economy they’re out trying to witch-hunt people who are doing their business, let’s get this straight if your economy is stable enough to make one dollar to one naira nobody will even dream of dealing with Abokifx at the first place, you people should fix the damn economy and stabilize Naira to dollars transactions Abokifx isn’t the problem.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Besthelp01(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
Really
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by bmdmix11: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
but cant name boko haram sponsors
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Eriokanmi: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
So na my brother dey behind abokifx.com? I was always thinking malams have gotten it right for the first time my joining the leading ICT generation of youths by founding this great fx info website. Na wah oo.

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Geeman2006: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
JohnSin97:
They want to bring our Yoruba brother down. He's taking the business of aboki BDC.

How many abokis have they picked up on the street for selling dollar at mad rates.....one Nigeria yoruba fools will not smell the coffee until it's too late.

From EFCC attacks on businesses in the west to draconic laws against Yoruba tech firms..... it's clear that economic sabotage of Yoruba's is in gear. The annoying thing is the ignorance of most Yorubas to what is happening. People like seun osewa and this his website is another to priority for this people to sabotage.

You are just talking gibberish. Both the Yoruba's & abok!s run this racket together. They both run the market, even though abokis are more in the business but when it comes to making profit, they both speak the same language.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by snoopz: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Once som1 is threatening their criminal activities or giving vital information they have decided to hide from he public boom they're under investigation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Skye Bank Crisis: What It Means For Your Money- Naijabankers.com / CBN Sacks Boards Of Union Bank, Keystone Bank, Polaris, Titan Trust / ASSBIFI Vow To Shut Down Operations Over Attacks On Bank Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.