Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder (30745 Views)

AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / CBN Confirms N410.25/$ As New Official Exchange Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by t2luv1: 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
kowopealajo:
The worst part is that the founder of this Abokifx stays in England. He is a fucking greedy man, so many people will not agree with me but if you buy dollar constantly you will agree with me.

The man is not the one selling you dollar. All this platform does was report trends in currency fluctuations. This like blaming Financial Times newspaper for currency exchange. When your CBN stopped disbursement of Dollar to BDC anyone with brain should have seen this coming. It is all about supply and demand. BDC is the unofficial free market place to buy FX exchange when supply dries up and demand increases guess what prices goes up. That CBN Chairman most not have studied Supply and Demand in College

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by adonainana: 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
stepaside2:

Why would Chukwuemeka need millions of dollars to import what can be produced in Nigeria? These are the things that put pressure on the currency

Pls I warned you not to reply me on the issue of why does chukwuemeka need million of dollars to import things, the phone you are using to ask these questions, where do you think the phones are imported from

The SIM cards you are using to browse to ask these questions you are asking me where do you think they came from

The rice you eat at home, the tv in your house

Pls don’t annoy me bro, pls just be quiet and let’s deal with people making lives hard for us
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by iconnecta(m): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
National Emergency :
NCC,
Please black list ABOKIFX.com website and apps and all his LIKes.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Tmex(m): 5:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
[quote author=legba1 post=105911978]The painful part of the misrule we are bei g subjected to is the the oppressor Sabi use our kins to deal with us.... Those our brother do the hatchet work very well to please their pay masters thereby keeping their job.... How on earth will I sell my fx to a bank that will buy at 470 when the street will give me 570....o wrong nau.... [/quote
But if theres no Aboki you wouldn't have an alternative asides selling to the bank right? Same way if you want to buy tgey may sell for for you at 475 and everyone is good. What many people dont know is the more the naira you exchange the dollar with, the lesser the value. And the implication is what you find in the market price of goods.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by adonainana: 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
Tmex:

In my post i mentioned the need for CBN to make dollars available. I repeat "there should be nothing like bureau de change" let's have a unitary flows of dollars to the bank alone and see if getting 1 million dollars for a genuine importer will be So diff8cult for banks.

Let’s have a unitary flow of dollar through the banks. Where do you think this unitary flow of dollars would come from = central bank of Nigeria. Where does CBN get its dollar from

Dolars sales of crude oil proceeds

So hope you understand the gist now, The amount CBN gets as FX though crude oil proceeds in the international market does not even satisfy CBN itself more less banks more less final consumer.

So where is this unilateral flow of dollars through banks will come from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Tmex(m): 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
t2luv1:

I don't know why this should be a big issue. All CBN need to do is to establish following process where if one need to pay for goods outside the country or go on vacation

1 Go to the bank initiate a wire transfer and pay for the goods This way no need for individual to have foreign currency in their hand
2, If going on vacation establish a limit on allowable FX exchange like $5000. Furnish all necessary papers and that is it.
3. Get rid of Dom Account.

Here in the US I don't a DOM account in Pound Sterling or Yuan to do business with a company in United Kingdom or in China.

Well, if this can be implemented it will go a long way.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Latidoh1: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
adonainana:

If you need dollar like 1 million dollars to import raw materials go to your bank and wait for 6 months so you can wait for another 6 months for dollars bank themselves don’t have

If you want to sell dollar go to your bank and sell lower than you will sell in the street. I hat you should sell for 550 go to your bank and sell for 450

I don’t know who Nigeria offend oooo by allowing these people to make decisions for us

This is really bad

These guys at clueless, just jumping from one policy to another

Anyway pls I send pounds to naira check my avatar
Can you pull money from William hill?
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2021
alizma:
“The only exchange rate remains the I&E window, which is the market we expect everybody who wishes to procure or sell forex to get it,”

I said the above yesterday and some people that know nothing on how the fx market operates and how it can be influenced by a platform like abokifx were talking trash.

If you deal on dollars and also follow abokifx last week, you would have noticed that between Tuesday and Thursday that something was fishy.
Please I will love to know what's fishy embarassed
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Tmex(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
So where is this unilateral flow of dollars through banks will come from

[/quote]

Dollars that were exchanged for naira and Nnpc revenue.
You may want to argue its not sufficient.
As much as i may not want to continue this argument. But the truth is we dont need BDCs and their allys for now. Its not sustainable.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by iconnecta(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
kowopealajo:
your knowledge is limited I swear on my grandfather’s grave. This Abokifx guy is seriously killing Nigerians, we Nigerians in diaspora know what is happening. On what basis is the guy increasing the rate?

thank you my brother.
the 1 million Naira question remains , where is he getting his rates.
parallel market have been abolished and dissolved.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by hosemujica: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Is abokifx their major problem now?
Emefiele too dey zuoooooorrrrrr
Lol, I still used abokifx this morning, great site. If he folds up another will spring up, what he does is pretty easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by EagleNest(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

They failed because they stopped one random guy who is playing kalokalo with my country's currency? Can he dare that in the UK where he stays and claim citizenship ?
Most of you have a negative mindset to Nigeria yet you pretend to be worried when we feel the brunt of the sabotage of you silent killers of our national aspirations while we place all the blame at the foot of the usual suspects- our leaders.
We are worried by today's Nigeria because those that are currently running it, are not running it well. If we all keep quiet and play ostrich like some of you want us, then one day there will be no Nigeria. We love treating symptoms of a disease instead of the root cause of the disease. It is not today that Naira started suffering but this year alone, it has been a disaster. If the people saddled with the responsibility to drive the country forward are repeatedly poor in decision making and service delivery, do you want us to pretend all is fine. No! I'm yet to see a nation that will grow and stand when citizens are looking the other way when things go wrong. If the current people in authority are performing well, will we not clap for them. What do I stand to gain by painting incompetent person as competent. Is it so as to look good in your eyes? No, let's call a spade a spade. If not that Nigerians are resilient, I don't know where we would have been by now. May be Refugees? So tell your so called leaders to get Nigeria on track for once, and stop causing its derailment and potentiall crash.

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by stepaside2: 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2021
adonainana:

Pls I warned you not to reply me on the issue of why does chukwuemeka need million of dollars to import things, the phone you are using to ask these questions, where do you think the phones are imported from

The SIM cards you are using to browse to ask these questions you are asking me where do you think they came from

The rice you eat at home, the tv in your house

Pls don’t annoy me bro, pls just be quiet and let’s deal with people making lives hard for us
We grow rice in Nigeria. SIM cards are things we can substantially produce if we put our minds to it. Even those phones and TVs we import can be manufactured in Nigeria thereby providing jobs for locals and putting less pressure on forex. We want to make omelette but don't want to break eggs. Many of the things we source forex to import are frivolous, ridiculous and hurt our economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by loswhite(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
Teewhy2:

They are still beating about the bush, if the country have good production output and well structured policy, naturally dollar will come down.
you want everybody to go to bank to purchase dollars but still want small business owners to get different documentation just to buy small machinery (less than 2000 USD) from outside.
The problem is if you Give room to buy without documentation most Nigerians will still go and buy just to sell at the black market...lol. Why is documentation a problem for Nigerian citizens? Why is it difficult for the average Nigerian to do things orderly?
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by iconnecta(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2021
Newboss:

It's not fake data. He collects data from the currency dealers. It has been known from time immemorial that the rates of BDC is different from that of CBN, and the rate of banks are even different from that of CBN. He also publishes bank rates.

This guy keeps track of that data. Go round and see for yourself. Meet that aboki that sells currency and ask for rate. You can even set up your own website and be collecting and publishing data from the street

i understand you bro.
the rule from the apex bank say only N10 profit margin.

so who increase the dollar rate from the parallel market ?
it's because their is a central place they see the price(abokifx) and inflate it.
bro i use abokifx too.
why are they not picking it from CBN website ?

they created an artificial market that have now been disbanded by CBN.
it need to end.

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2021
kowopealajo:
your knowledge is limited I swear on my grandfather’s grave. This Abokifx guy is seriously killing Nigerians, we Nigerians in diaspora know what is happening. On what basis is the guy increasing the rate?
Tell us what the guy is doing?
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by loswhite(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2021
JohnSin97:
They want to bring our Yoruba brother down. He's taking the business of aboki BDC.

How many abokis have they picked up on the street for selling dollar at mad rates.....one Nigeria yoruba fools will not smell the coffee until it's too late.

From EFCC attacks on businesses in the west to draconic laws against Yoruba tech firms..... it's clear that economic sabotage of Yoruba's is in gear. The annoying thing is the ignorance of most Yorubas to what is happening. People like seun osewa and this his website is another to priority for this people to sabotage.
The problem of Nigeria is ethnic sentiment...smh. Do you know think the present rate is a reflection of the value of the Naira? Do you think it is right for CBN to be selling USD at 395 400 to BDC and then they sell it for 500 naira? He was right to stop it in the first place but trust the useless Citizens they criticize with zero understanding and now the BDC are fighting back enhanced by influencers (Aboki FX) The greatest problem of this country is the Citizens.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by adonainana: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
stepaside2:

We grow rice in Nigeria. SIM cards are things we can substantially produce if we put our minds to it. Even those phones and TVs we import can be manufactured in Nigeria thereby providing jobs for locals and putting less pressure on forex. We want to make omelette but don't want to break eggs. Many of the things we source forex to import are frivolous, ridiculous and hurt our economy
Frivolous ridiculous hurt the economy yet you buy it and need it and you are probably typing with one now but it’s frovilous

We talking about food imports but it’s frivlous to you, we can produce it

Why don’t you go and set up your factory and produce it and let people who want to import there own import it
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
Newboss:

The guy is not the one increasing the rate. The guy simply collates data from the street and reports it.

Naijabdcs is the official website of BDC in Nigeria. Data is also published there. Abokifx is basically like a journalist who reports facts.

Even The Punch and Leadership newspapers today reported that Dollar is at 570 Naira.
The CBN should do everything within their power to get him. Let him focus on the British Pounds since he kuku dey live for London.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by stepaside2: 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
adonainana:

Frivolous ridiculous hurt the economy yet you buy it and need it and you are probably typing with one now but it’s frovilous

We talking about food imports but it’s frivlous to you, we can produce it

Why don’t you go and set up your factory and produce it and let people who want to import there own import it
Pls are you in this importation business? Let me free you
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by adonainana: 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2021
Latidoh1:

Can you pull money from William hill?

How did you load money onto the site before you won money on there

If it’s via debit or credit card, William hill would only allow you to return the winnings exactly to the credit or debit card you loaded the money you initially used to bet with

Only other sites like 32Red and admiral or 888 allow you to withdraw winnings into another different card

So do you have problems withdrawing your winnings from William hill or what ?
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by adonainana: 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2021
stepaside2:

Pls are you in this importation business? Let me free you

No I’m not in the importation business I’m in the exportation business
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by carbonado(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2021
cosmetic move, abokifx has nothing to do with the radical depreciation of the Naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Buckeyemedia1: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
stepaside2:

The epitome of the black man is mental laziness, no innovation, that is why most Nigerians all they shout is resource control, ask them the top 10 richest people in the world, how many of them made their wealth from natural resources? Mumudeys still living in the 1970’s.
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by stepaside2: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
adonainana:

No I’m not in the importation business I’m in the exportation business
Good for you. You are actually helping the rest of us as you earn forex
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Joyful1: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
seglabsy:
i have known the site for over 4 years now

If someone has been robbing for 5 years and never caught or called out does not make arm robbery legal

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Buckeyemedia1: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
carbonado:
cosmetic move, abokifx has nothing to do with the radical depreciation of the Naira.
A country of people that doesn’t export anything for forex other than sweet crude is wondering why there is a shortage of foreign exchange?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Geeman2006: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
JohnSin97:

You make it seem like Yorubas are eqaul partners in the business.

Well, from my interactions and experience with my Yoruba friends in the business. I can't tell you for a fact they are balling and running things. One of them was even telling me the other day that he has never had it good like this Buhari's govt.. Equal partners or not, they are all eating one big juicy pie from the business.

1 Like

Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Buckeyemedia1: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
Joyful1:

If someone has been robbing for 5 years and never caught or called out does not make arm robbery legal
Abokifx is robbing you?, Yet if I ask you what commodities does your state via ppp export for foreign exchange you wouldn’t be able to mention 1 thing, it is abokifx that I have never heard of until now that is causing runaway dollar price inflation in Nigeria?
Re: CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder by Newboss(m): 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN should do everything within their power to get him. Let him focus on the British Pounds since he kuku dey live for London.

He posts data for all major currencies including AED, EUR, CYN, AUD, Canadian dollars, etc, not just USD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

sss / ASSBIFI Vow To Shut Down Operations Over Attacks On Bank Workers / How Do I Block My SIM Card And Bank Accounts Linked To The Line?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.