Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:46 PM

About The Second Coming Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Second Coming Of Christ (585 Views)

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2021
One of the core doctrines of Christianity is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 24:44
Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

This verse is supposedly over 2000 years ago.
Here are my questions;

1. Has this prophesy been fulfilled? Has Jesus had a second coming after over 2000 years?

2. If any other religion had made this claim which has failed for over 2000 years would you not criticize the religion as fake?

3. Is he coming as a Christian or could he birth another religion viz Islam perhaps?

1 Like

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Ekejoestar(m): 8:05am On Sep 18, 2021
In the gospel, he said that this gospel shall be preached to the uttermost ends of the earth as a witness and then the end shall come, and I think that's what delaying his second coming.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Nwchkwgz: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2021
Coming keh
To find who?
Allow the man rest na

1 Like

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by DappaD: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:
One of the core doctrines of Christianity is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 24:44
Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
This verse is supposedly over 2000 years ago.
Here are my questions;
1. Has this prophesy been fulfilled? Has Jesus had a second coming after over 2000 years?
2. If any other religion had made this claim which has failed for over 2000 years would you not criticize the religion as fake?
3. Is he coming as a Christian or could he birth another religion viz Islam perhaps?

There are alot of things to unpack from Matthew 24&25. There is also a notable difference between presence mentioned at Matthew 24:3 and coming mentioned at Matthew 24:30,44.
Since the KJV mistook presence for coming, it has led to a lot of problems for most persons to gain understanding.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 10:17am On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

Here are my questions;

Did you not read that The Trumpet shall Sound upon His Coming?

Do you not remember that the First Time we hear that Trumpet Blow was in Mount Sinai?

Don't worry when This Trumpet Blows Again, if you are still here you would not miss it.

Myer:

As usual with every forecast, the material elements of the Forward Cast must fail before the forward Cast can be said to fail.

And in this case, it is rather the opposite as you all have confessed.

The material elements of the Prophecy is being Full Filled, One after the Other.

And no where did the Prophecy say 2000 years IT ONLY GAVE THE INDICATORS!

Myer:

You read it did you not? Did you not see that when He Comes, we all get Arrested and Taken to Court?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2021
DappaD:

There are alot of things to unpack from Matthew 24&25. There is also a notable difference between presence mentioned at Matthew 24:3 and coming mentioned at Matthew 24:30,44.
Since the KJV mistook presence for coming, it has led to a lot of problems for most persons to gain understanding.

O jw, Is there a Coming without a Presence?

Is this not the same cunning and shifting exactly as Satanist and Anti-God do when they want to sell and promote their own special version of Lies?

1 Like

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2021
Ekejoestar:
In the gospel, he said that this gospel shall be preached to the uttermost ends of the earth as a witness and then the end shall come, and I think that's what delaying his second coming.

An interesting condition won't you say?
Point is if any other religion has claimed the same condition would you not have criticised it?

And how do you know the gospel has not been preached to the ends of the world?
Any where technology has reached has access to the gospel in this age and time.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 11:00am On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

Point is if any other religion has claimed the same condition would you not have criticised it?

As I always tell you, A Match will only end when the Referee blows the Trumpet whistle of the end of match. grin
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2021
DappaD:

Are you saying there is no second coming of Christ then?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 11:03am On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

He is jw, it is like asking Satan about 2nd Coming!
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As I always tell you, A Match will only end when the Referee blows the Trumpet whistle of the end of match. grin

Can you explain what the bible means by Trumpet or whistle?
Cos I'm just wondering with all the Trumpets and Noise from Music at Owambe parties, Crisades, Royal calls etc, how will you hear the Trumpets sir? Just saying.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2021
The OP only set a bait for members of the truth to come and start arguing with them as usual. Once i discover the intention of most Nairalanders i put their names on the list that i won't bother about whatever question they raise.
I've told the OP that "only JWs have the truth" but since he wants to try his luck with other groups or find a reason to console himself that Christianity and Islam belongs to the same God, i wish him good luck! wink

DappaD:

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 11:08am On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

Can you explain what the bible means by Trumpet or whistle?
Cos I'm just wondering with all the Trumpets and Noise from Music at Owambe parties, Crisades, Royal calls etc, how will you hear the Trumpets sir? Just saying.

It is exactly the Trumpet you know! grin

Christ is coming the Same Way He Came on Mount Sinai with only the slight addition of This Time, we Would See Him and not just His Voice Alone as was in Sinai!
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It is exactly the Trumpet you know! grin

Christ is coming the Same Way He Came on Mount Sinai with only the slight addition of This Time, we Would See Him and not just His Voice Alone as was in Sinai!

But there was no Trumpet then when he came on Mount Sinai or did the bible miss that part?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 11:11am On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I've told the OP that "only JWs have the truth" but since he wants to try his luck with other groups

grin Exactly what Nnamdi who sells fake products in the market says when his product is being rejected by consumers.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The OP only set a bait for members of the truth to come and start arguing with them as usual. Once i discover the intention of most Nairalanders i put their names on the list that i won't bother about whatever question they raise.
I've told the OP that "only JWs have the truth" but since he wants to try his luck with other groups or find a reason to console himself that Christianity and Islam belongs to the same God, i wish him good luck! wink

Are you now a discerner of intentions?

My intention is simply to ask as an irreligious person, if another religion had made this same claim, won't Christian's have said that religion is fake because the condition has not been met even after over 2000 years?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:18am On Sep 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Exactly what Nnamdi who sells fake products in the market says when his product is being rejected by consumers.

Face the OP, you and i aren't on the same page! wink
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:25am On Sep 18, 2021
I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

If sincerely you're IRRELIGIOUS and ready to know how Jesus' words were fulfilled then format all the nonsense and ingredients the Churches of Christendom has infused in your head but if you're still harping on their doctrines i wish you the best of luck!

Myer:

My intention is simply to ask as an irreligious person, if another religion had made this same claim, won't Christian's have said that religion is fake because the condition has not been met even after over 2000 years?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Ekejoestar(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

Then, if I may ask, has technology reached every where on this planet?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by sonmvayina(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2021
Was there a first coming to begin with?

We have proved countless times that Jesus is a Roman invention to control the masses, why would a fictional character come back? No sense in it.

God promised to send the jews a king (messiah) that will bring peace to the region and build his temple for his worship. The king will reign once and his son will succeed him.
There is no peace so it is safe to say we are not living in the messianic era.

God never said anything about a second coming...

So one wonders why folks are still stressing and wasting their time on it.
Your life journey is ahead of you don't waste it believing absurdities...

1 Like

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 11:59am On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

We are not even in the same book not to talk of the same page and of course I am entitled to face you when you speak shiit about us.

You can sell your own products without insulting others.

1 Like

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

See how terrible you think? How can you ask a mechanic what a surgeon shall think about a fake heart surgery? grin
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We are not even in the same book not to talk of the same page and of course I am entitled to face you when you speak shiit about us.

JW members clearly have their own bible which I believe is the reason their own interpretation and doctrines differ completely from others.

So yes you're, you're both not on the same book not to mention same page.

Hence there are 3 possibilities here;;

1. One of you is wrong and the other is right.
2. Both of you are wrong.
3. Both of you re right.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by DappaD: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

When and where did I say that? I laid emphasis on the difference between presence and coming. The Bible mentions events that are to take place during the presence of Jesus Christ and there are also events that will take place during the actual coming of Jesus Christ.

For your own convenience, look up the meaning of the Greek words parousia and erchomai. They mean totally different things as the former appears in Matthew 24:3 while the latter appears in Matthew 24:30,44.

What I said was that the KJV mistook the former for the latter meanwhile they mean different things.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:

JW members clearly have their own bible which I believe is the reason their own interpretation and doctrines differ completely from others.

3. Both of you re right.

True, those are the options and this is where ability to discern Truth is a Relevant and Powerful Skill.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
Henceforth anytime you quote me without reference to the Scriptures i'll just shun you and your post! Hebrews 4:12 smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by KnownUnknown: 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
sonmvayina:

Your life journey is ahead of you don't waste it believing absurdities...

Take your own advice and stop believing the absurdity below

sonmvayina:

God promised to send the jews a king (messiah) that will bring peace to the region and build his temple for his worship. The king will reign once and his son will succeed him.
There is no peace so it is safe to say we are not living in the messianic era.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by DappaD: 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Reminds me of when we used to engage in house to house ministry. One would be out in service conducting Bible study at the home of an interested person, his “aproko” neighbours would begin throwing shades and try to discourage the student afterwards. They don’t want to know the truth and they don’t want others to know it either. Matthew 23:13

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
The highlighted is a vital point!

The book (Bible) is not what makes the difference but the Interpretation!
To illustrate, imagine yourself in a land where you have no foreknowledge about your destination except for a map issued by the King of the place you're going (Jesus Christ the WORD of God!){ John 1:1}, so you decided to ask passersby for help.
The first person is trying to guess where you're going by relating stories of people who failed woefully and assuming what will become of them (HellFire threats) while the other person first told you that your destination is his family house (heritage of God's people) he began showing you where you are in the map you're carrying, then he asked you to join him because he's going to the same destination (Become one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and get prepared for Paradise) Luke 23:43

Who will you take seriously between the two?

The one threatening you yet can't direct you or the one who is prepared to take you along and start showing you from the map in your own hand each sigh post along the way to your destination to confirm that you're on the right track? smiley

Myer:

3. Both of you re right.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Henceforth anytime you quote me without reference to the Scriptures i'll just shun you and your post! Hebrews 4:12 smiley

Did you not just acknowledge that we are not in the same Book?

Stick to your side of the fence and I'll stay in mine and right now there is nothing to say to each other. 1 Eghosa 22 verse 1 and 2! grin
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by sonmvayina(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Take your own advice and stop believing the absurdity below

I am hoping to live in a peaceful world. Where men will hammer their swords into ploughshares....

If God can send us a man that can bring humanity together to live in peace is that something to hope for.
Not God impregnating another man's wife...what insult.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
sonmvayina:

I am hoping to live in a peaceful world. Where men will hammer their swords into ploughshares....

Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

If God can send us a man that can bring humanity together to live in peace is that something to hope for.

Isaiah 9:6-7

Not God impregnating another man's wife...what insult.

Isaiah 7:14 compare to Matthew 1:23

His group is here today calling all honest hearted and sincere individuals to come and taste life water free {Revelations 22:17} they have beat their swords into ploughshares and they've formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers. JEHOVAH love them so much that he quickly began calling them by another group name "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" {Isaiah 65:15} for everyone to distinguish between them and false religionists claiming CHRISTIANS! John 15:19

Their King is preparing the heavenly army and coming to destroy all those opposing the PEACE that everyone is witnessing in the midst of his true followers today! Luke 19:27

May you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Direct Me To A Good Church / Spiritual Meaning Of Picking Snails In Dream / Book Of Leviticus (very Powerful And Symbolic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.