Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:39 AM

About The Second Coming Of Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Second Coming Of Christ (587 Views)

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by xproducer: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
Myer:
One of the core doctrines of Christianity is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 24:44
Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

This verse is supposedly over 2000 years ago.
Here are my questions;

1. Has this prophesy been fulfilled? Has Jesus had a second coming after over 2000 years?

2. If any other religion had made this claim which has failed for over 2000 years would you not criticize the religion as fake?

3. Is he coming as a Christian or could he birth another religion viz Islam perhaps?

++++++++

No, Matthew 24:44 has not yet been fulfilled, but when it is at the end of the age (which is inevitable) because GOD has declared it - everyone will know then! (The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins - Matthew 25:1-13)

"But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!” Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.” - Matthew 26:63-64

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” - Matthew 16:27-29 (the death here is the "second death" of Revelation 21:8, and not the "sleep" of the first death of the body)

Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together." - Matthew 24:26-28

+++

Sixth Seal: Cosmic Disturbances
"I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by sonmvayina(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Isaiah 9:6-7

Isaiah 7:14 compare to Matthew 1:23

His group is here today calling all honest hearted and sincere individuals to come and taste life water free {Revelations 22:17} they have beat their swords into ploughshares and they've formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers. JEHOVAH love them so much that he quickly began calling them by another group name "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" {Isaiah 65:15} for everyone to distinguish between them and false religionists claiming CHRISTIANS! John 15:19

Their King is preparing the heavenly army and coming to destroy all those opposing the PEACE that everyone is witnessing in the midst of his true followers today! Luke 19:27

May you have PEACE! smiley

There Is no Jesus in Isaiah, we have been through this a thousand times. The sign was for king Ahaz, it was to assure him that the plan of the two kings will not come to pass. Read it in context.

Isaiah 9:6 is about king Hezekiah. He was already born when Isaiah was prophesying...

Get sense please..

Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
sonmvayina:

There Is no Jesus in Isaiah, we have been through this a thousand times. The sign was for king Ahaz, it was to assure him that the plan of the two kings will not come to pass. Read it in context.

Isaiah 9:6 is about king Hezekiah. He was already born when Isaiah was prophesying...

Get sense please..

And where did you keep your senses when the Bible says a virgin will give birth to a male child who will be called "Emmanuel"
You don't want to believe that yet you're here arguing all day without nothing to show for your arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9

No problem! smiley
I only hinted you that what you're yearning for is happening right before your nose!
You said:
I am hoping to live in a peaceful world. Where men will hammer their swords into ploughshares....
If God can send us a man that can bring humanity together to live in peace is that something to hope for.

And i responded with realities happening around you today.
If there is ever going to be a peaceful world the first step must be a global campaign and sensitization on how humans (the only intelligent creature on the planet) could be part of the program so that we know what to do and how to participate.
That's exactly part of what God sent Jesus to come and establish {Matthew 28:19-20 compare to Act 1:8} it is called the New Covenant which has nothing to do with laws on codes but something WRITTEN ON PEOPLE'S HEARTS! Jeremiah 31:31-34
There is no other way God can do what you're hoping for without first telling the people what His plans are! Malachi 4:5
I know you're feeling bad each time you see the way religionists do evil things but that's inevitable for now because we are imperfect and God fully understands our condition {Psalms 103:14} so it's only when people around you are doing the right thing but you choose to ignore that your attitude is evidence of wilful disregard for righteousness. Zephaniah 2:2-3
Today JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are fulfilling what you typed up there and they are serving as judges throughout the earth that people can live peacefully without using force or weapons to resolve issues on this planet! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So that Jewish man who taught you to render you deaf to this realities has done you the greatest harm ever. Because you will never see anything better than what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today in Jesus name! Matthew 5:13-16
May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
The end of the world is when Jesus comes back.

If you haven't seen Him yet, it isn't the end of the world.

Try this: http://www.worldwarnings.com

It will tell you the only 3 possible years for this to happen, based on Bible Prophecy (and the associated historical events).

The scoffers will scoff, and the arguers will argue.

Let them.

No one can disprove that website or anything on it using un-manipulated Scripture.

In fact, it provides step-by-step Bible Truth to any person willing to accept it.

(A hint: the password to the second document on that website, regarding Christ's Return, is "Truth" (case-sensitive).)

So enjoy... or at least read all of it simply to see what it says. It tells the Truth.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
xproducer:

++++++++

No, Matthew 24:44 has not yet been fulfilled, but when it is at the end of the age (which is inevitable) because GOD has declared it - everyone will know then! (The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins - Matthew 25:1-13)

"But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!” Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.” - Matthew 26:63-64

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” - Matthew 16:27-29 (the death here is the "second death" of Revelation 21:8, and not the "sleep" of the first death of the body)

Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together." - Matthew 24:26-28

+++

Sixth Seal: Cosmic Disturbances
"I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?

I honestly won't fault anything you shared here cos that's what the bible teaches.
But one of my questions is that if it was Islam or another religion that held the same view of an unfulfilled prophecy of over 2000 years, would you not have concluded that such a religion was fake?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Myer(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
awitness41:
The end of the world is when Jesus comes back.

If you haven't seen Him yet, it isn't the end of the world.

Try this: http://www.worldwarnings.com

It will tell you the only 3 possible years for this to happen, based on Bible Prophecy (and the associated historical events).

The scoffers will scoff, and the arguers will argue.

Let them.

No one can disprove that website or anything on it using un-manipulated Scripture.

In fact, it provides step-by-step Bible Truth to any person willing to accept it.

(A hint: the password to the second document on that website, regarding Christ's Return, is "Truth" (case-sensitive).)

So enjoy... or at least read all of it simply to see what it says. It tells the Truth.

If you were not a Christian who read that in the bible would you believe that?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by calebbintus: 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ekejoestar:
In the gospel, he said that this gospel shall be preached to the uttermost ends of the earth as a witness and then the end shall come, and I think that's what delaying his second coming.

Lol really?
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 19, 2021
Myer:

If you were not a Christian who read that in the bible would you believe that?

The website (www.worldwarnings.com) is appropriate for Muslims too.

Surely, it's Bible-based; but if Muslims truly want to know what the Bible has to say about when Jesus is coming back, there's no reason they (Muslims) should avoid it... even if just out of interest.

It would be like if I wanted to learn more about the Quran... who is to stop me from that ?

It might not mean I would agree with (all of) it, but I would at least be able to know what the Quran has to say, at least out of interest.

There is only one God, and Jesus is coming back to Earth, on these things both Muslims and Christians agree.

If you want to know about what the Bible says is the timeframe for Jesus' Return, then by all means, read that website (www.worldwarnings.com) and see what it has to say.

The website speaks the Truth and isn't lying, even though few people who call themselves "Christian" would believe everything it has to say. But that's only because 95% of those who call themselves "Christian" are so prideful and hardened in the various false doctrines they carry... all the while ignoring or even hating God's Commandments (the Two Most Important Commandments and the Ten Commandments) which even Jesus Himself teaches. Thus, many who call themselves "Christian" don't even believe what Jesus says (by actually DOING what Jesus says), and therefore, they continue in sin. That's no way to get to Heaven now, is it ?

In fact... Muslims themselves might be more likely to believe what the website (and its documents) has to say than the vast numbers of fraudulent "Christians" out there.

I know for a fact that the website gets a lot of reading in Muslim countries... I can't believe it's only the Christians in those countries reading it.

Whatever you decide to do... know that website is based on proper Bible doctrine, and goes step-by-step to prove things.

I wish you well in your journey.
Re: About The Second Coming Of Christ by xproducer: 12:53am On Sep 19, 2021
Myer:

I honestly won't fault anything you shared here cos that's what the bible teaches.
But one of my questions is that if it was Islam or another religion that held the same view of an unfulfilled prophecy of over 2000 years, would you not have concluded that such a religion was fake?

---

The main difference between true Christianity, by GOD's grace alone, (not merely professed - though GOD knows those who are His) and "Islam or another religion" - other than the quintessential - that GOD in the Person of the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST is the only Savior / means of salvation from righteous judgment/wrath for sin (Acts 4:12); is that if one does one's research one will truly find that every prophecy contained in the infallible word of GOD, the Holy Bible, has been fulfilled in its time to this date.

...and it all continues to unfold until the time of the end; corroborated by witnesses and signs!

It is wise to search "the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things" are so (Acts 17:10-12)... "for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Peter 1:21. Furthermore, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Also, people who are truly called, cleansed and justified by GOD in the Lord JESUS will have life saving faith until the end, usually both in the word of GOD and in lived experience... so they/ we believe in the word of GOD in its entirety because it is evidently true and truth.

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." - John 17:17 (also Psalm 12:6)

"Surely the Lord God does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets." - Amos 3:7 and "It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’..." - John 6:45

To illustrate further, "Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, “My lord, what shall be the end of these things?” And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand." - Daniel 12:8-10

+++

No personal judgment, but the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST said...

"Then He also said to the multitudes, “Whenever you see a cloud rising out of the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming’; and so it is. And when you see the south wind blow, you say, ‘There will be hot weather’; and there is. Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time?" - Luke 12:54-56

(1) (2) (Reply)

Everything Will End / . / How True Are This Claims By An Islamic Scholar SHEIKH HABEEBUBULLAH?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.