Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Obj Or Abdulsalami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Or Abdulsalami (1267 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Tambuwal. Amaechi. OBJ Or Sanusi. Who Will APC Chose As Their Flag Bearer? / Who Is The Richest Obj Or Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Or Abdulsalami by tlops(m): 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2007
who do you think should qualify as an upholder of democracy in nigeria.OBJ or Abdulsalami Abubakar, given the circumstances that surrounded their terms in office.obviously I dont think obj qualifies.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by rossy4life(f): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
definately Abdusalami any day, any time, cos he paved way for democracy. Atimes I wish he didn't leave power, His military government was better than the so called "democracy".
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by panalyst(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2007
You probably were not on ground in Nigeria to realise that his regime gave out the most contrcts and oil allocations than any other regime Babangida, Abacha included.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by babaife(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2007
at times we add sentiments to issues, i dont understand. twice obj handed over power and twice controversial. in 1979, it was two third. justice sowemimo- 'MY HANDS ARE TIED" (you remember?). in 2007, it was the worst election ever in the history of the country. abdulsalam may have been adjugded the most corrupt in the history of the country- courtesy hamzat mustapha, but he handed over power to the winner of an election. so who qualifies more as a democrat?
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by kilodese(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2007
I could bet,if Obj was in Abdulsalami's shoes we would not be talking of democracy today. we would probabaly be fight war or something close,
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by tlops(m): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2007
kilode se:

I could bet,if Obj was in Abdulsalami's shoes we would not be talking of democracy today. we would probabaly be fight war or something close,

the failed third term project proved this.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by danalyst(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2007
without any other gainsaying, obj is WORSE than abdulsalami lipsrsealed
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by angel101(f): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2007
I have so much respect for Abdulsalam. He behaved honourably (besides the massive looting of course) by handing over power when he could easily sit tight. He is also a humble man (no airs at all). I would definitely choose him over OBJ anyday.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by watchung: 12:12am On Jul 26, 2007
Abubakar ruled for too short a time to be effectively compared with OBJ. AFAIK they are all corrupt SOB's and crooks. However, I think OBJ's legacy will be paving the road for the modernization of the Nigerian economy. I also think a civilian regime is in most cases always better than a military regime because believe me there is some form of accountability in civilian governments whereas in military juntas the top dogs could do almost whatever they want without any repercussions. Can you imagine the Supreme Court ruling against the govt? Hmmm I don't know whether that would be possible in a military junta.

Even though our last elections were flawed I still think its a good thing that power got transfered without massive chaos. What we need in Nigeria is the building up of our institutions of govt and orderly continuity will follow.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2007
HI,
Both of them are corrupt .
go 2 niger and find out what dt guy amassed 4 him self within dt short period u go bow.n guess what ?d guy no dey talk.
Northerners are big time rogue n dey dont make any noise .dem go just dey wack dr moni dey laugh us mean while we go dey shout"aboki" but we no no say na we b da real aboki of d 21st century.check out how many exotic cars dt niger guy amass within that short time if na u ,u no go hand over?
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by PawPaw3(m): 10:45am On Jul 27, 2007
@angel101

angel101:

I have so much respect for Abdulsalam. He behaved honourably (besides the massive looting of course) by handing over power when he could easily sit tight. He is also a humble man (no airs at all). I would definitely choose him over OBJ anyday.
How can you qualify your statement that he is "honourable" and yet "looted" the national treasury? How can a thief be "honourable"? Please think before hitting keyboard.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by angel101(f): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2007
why dont u READ the post before joining issues.
I said he behaved honourably by handing over power whrn he could easily have sat tight!!! I alos mentioned the looting of my own accord. I have not just heard it from u.
This is MY OWN opinion. so sir, if u have an opinion, state it otherwise please leave me the hell alone!
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by PawPaw3(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2007
No need to be uptight my dear. It was you who made the statement and I have the right to respond to it. If you don't want any response don't post. In London where you live wouldn't a politician who looted be in prison? So he relinquish power big deal eh? Please get anger management lesson.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by simplyme3(f): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2007
Judging how a statesman faired by the fact that he handed over power to another government is nothing but outright nonsence.

I guess Abdusalam was better in other areas not only because he handed power over??
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by angel101(f): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

No need to be uptight my dear. It was you who made the statement and I have the right to respond to it. If you don't want any response don't post. In London where you live wouldn't a politician who looted be in prison? So he relinquish power big deal eh? Please get anger management lesson.

No point. I guess u dont know how to read. I have aired my opinion (which i am allowed to) if u dont have one of yours, well, tough!
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by angel101(f): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2007
simply_me:

Judging how a statesman faired by the fact that he handed over power to another government is nothing but outright nonsence.

I guess Abdusalam was better in other areas not only because he handed power over??

I don't think he can be adequately judged based on a few months whereas OBJ had 8 years. besides the question was OBJ or abdulsalam. (regarding upholding democracy) where Abdulsalam handed over willingly, OBJ tried the third term stunt. I made my choice make yours.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by simplyme3(f): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2007
@ Angel
I wasnt referring to you.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by PawPaw3(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2007
angel101:

No point. I guess u don't know how to read. I have aired my opinion (which i am allowed to) if u don't have one of yours, well, tough!
I think you woke from the wrong side of your bed. As a holy man am not going to start a war of words or abuse you. If I abuse you my friend it will come to fruition. I hope Satan stop making you do what you're doing and you find peace in your life.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by McKren(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2007
Abdusalam deserves a lot of respect but most comments here are not fair to OBJ.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by angel101(f): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

I think you woke from the wrong side of your bed. As a holy man am not going to start a war of words or abuse you. If I abuse you my friend it will come to fruition. I hope Satan stop making you do what you're doing and you find peace in your life.

So u are an agent of satan? na wa o! i will pray for ur salvation.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by angel101(f): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2007
simply_me:

@ Angel
I wasnt referring to you.

Ok. i thot u were
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by PawPaw3(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2007
angel101:

So u are an agent of satan? na wa o! i will pray for your salvation.
When you go too far then I wil have no option but to give you a curse. Any body wey no this girl make una tell say make she no play with fire. I just dey laugh here, I have consiense I don't like put curse on my fellow man, but this girl will make me. Enough is enough.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by angel101(f): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

When you go too far then I wil have no option but to give you a curse. Any body wey no this girl make una tell say make she no play with fire. I just dey laugh here, I have consiense I don't like put curse on my fellow man, but this girl will make me. Enough is enough.

Piss of silly. U can go to the hottest part of hell and BURN!!!! asswipe!
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by PawPaw3(m): 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2007
I think say you dey crazy. I no bother with people like you wey dey suffer suffer. Go your way jare.
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by tlops(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Watchung

Abubakar ruled for too short a time to be effectively compared with OBJ. AFAIK they are all corrupt SOB's and crooks.

abubakar ruled 4 a short time when he had absolute power, to still be the head of state till today (it shows dicipline,not being intoxicated with power).Obj stayed 8 years and still wanted to die there (it shows lack of discipline, he got drunk and sat in his vomit).
Re: Obj Or Abdulsalami by tlops(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2007
obj go write exam we no go hear word again, shocked

(1) (Reply)

Us Deports 33 Nigerians / Swiss Investigate Death Of Nigerian Asylum Seeker / Senate To Debate On Ex-governor Marriage To Minor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.