Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Empty Stadium: Face Coaching, Man City Fans Reply Guardiola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Empty Stadium: Face Coaching, Man City Fans Reply Guardiola (446 Views)

Ukraine Kicks Off Its Football League Season In Empty Stadium (Pictures) / FC Seoul Filled Empty Stadium Seats With "Sex Dolls", Apologizes / Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Empty Stadium: Face Coaching, Man City Fans Reply Guardiola by Great100000: 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
A Manchester City fans’ group has reacted angrily to Pep Guardiola’s plea for bigger attendances at the Etihad, telling the City manager to concentrate on coaching.

Guardiola was frustrated by the turnout for City’s 6-3 win over RB Leipzig on Wednesday to begin their Champions League campaign.

A crowd of 38,062 saw the nine-goal thriller, well down on the over 50,000 that have attended City’s opening two Premier League games.

“I would like more people to come to the next game on Saturday,” Guardiola told BT Sport.

“We will need the people next Saturday, please, because we will be tired. I invite all our people to come next Saturday, 3pm, and watch the game.”

City’s poor attendances and flat atmosphere for Champions League home games are often used as a stick to beat the club with by rival fans.

However, Kevin Parker, the general secretary of City’s official supporters’ club, said Guardiola had to be more appreciative of the time and money supporters spend.

“He doesn’t understand the difficulties that some people might have getting to a game at the Etihad on a Wednesday evening at 8pm,” Parker said.

“They’ve got kids to think of, they might not be able to afford it, there are still some Covid issues about. I don’t see why he comments on it.

“He’s absolutely the best coach in the world but, in the nicest possible way, I think maybe he should stick to that.”

Parker added that Guardiola’s comments will only add fuel to the fire of opposition fans mocking City’s support.

“People refer to the Etihad as the ‘Emptyhad’. It’s a little bit of fun by the opposition supporters but there’s no justification for it. It’s not factual. Our attendances are generally excellent.”

https://punchng.com/empty-stadium-face-coaching-man-city-fans-reply-guardiola/?amp

Re: Empty Stadium: Face Coaching, Man City Fans Reply Guardiola by Natural441(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lol,make gardiola buy the tickets for them now since na him dey provide for them��

Make he come learn from Nigeria how fan always come for sunshine star and mfm
Re: Empty Stadium: Face Coaching, Man City Fans Reply Guardiola by Mryacks: 2:37am On Sep 19, 2021
"Emptyhard"..... grin
Re: Empty Stadium: Face Coaching, Man City Fans Reply Guardiola by paulolee(m): 6:19am On Sep 19, 2021
seems it will b his last season in ethihad....things stopped going as planned after he announced dt he wont renew is contract n would take a break after d contract ends..
if city have a poor UCL campaign this season, pep would gladly resign instead of being sacked n maybe zizou or Enrique would b d next in line..
Re: Empty Stadium: Face Coaching, Man City Fans Reply Guardiola by paulolee(m): 6:25am On Sep 19, 2021
Natural441:
Lol,make gardiola buy the tickets for them now since na him dey provide for them��

Make he come learn from Nigeria how fan always come for sunshine star and mfm
pep had stepped on toes n I dnt see him escaping d axe dis time....only a UCL glory may keep him
pep dt i know can still walk away even after winning d ucl for dm....d gee get strong pride

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Do Not Need A Miracle To Beat Bayern Munich / Betweysure X Games / Amazing Aribo, Brilliant Bassey Help Rangers Batter Borussia Dortmund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.