Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,112 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

"Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" (2705 Views)

UNILAG Convocation: Falola Advocates Study Of Ifa, Witchcraft In Universities / Ogun Battles Cultism In Secondary Schools As Teenage Cultists Unleash Terror / Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by 9japride(m): 8:07am On Sep 19, 2021
It's very true though in a bad way. Frustration and idleness are one of the major causes of cultism crises in schools. I still blame the government for not making life good for people especially the parents of the youths they can't provide adequately for their kids which results in cultism and prostitution. Greed is another aspect too, I see it as a result of the youths trying to fight back oppression from the Nigeria economy stealing politicians.
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Bigfish121(m): 9:06am On Sep 19, 2021
Them nor get time to say aboy wida again ���

GeneralKoko:
Apt!!!!!!!

Rivers State University wey before you no fit waka one pole without being apprehended by cultists, you can now even return from night class by 3pm from law faculty with no fear .

Everybody now dae press
All the bad boys don cash out finish
All of them dae live for Agip and GRA

No body get time to collect your kappa
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by McStoic(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2021
GlorifiedTunde:
Simple truth since 2005!

Yahoo started in 2001; this effect took started about 4 years after.

But bad thing nah bad thing sha!

Lol..I remember those early days of Yahoo messenger.. many of us had friends from abroad we would always chat with online. I had a black American lady friend then from the States. I, like several of my friends were content with being just friends online. Other Nigerians went ahead to abuse the privilege

Human mind is full of evil sha. Too bad!
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by HitRun(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:
Yahoo is not only a crime, the money made from it does not make money for Nigeria, does not create jobs, and does not provide tax revenue. Most of the money earned is spent on imported stuff anyway.

It also helps drives away investors from the country, in addition to the insecurity and bubu on the throne.

Anyone justifying Yahoo should have their head checked.

Yours is a different story for another day. The opening post of this thread was an observation. Simple
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:

And drives away investment

Better not encourage Yahoo in your new countries.

undecided
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Warlord12(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2021
Sixsigmahub:
Update from

A tweet surfaced online from a Nigerian man identified as TopeSoft making a case for Yahoo against Cultism on university campuses and young ones in general, Siggy reports.

The issue of Cultism and its wrong impact in universities and the society at large had trended yesterday on Twitter, and many people have weighed in on the matter.

Many social media users also recalled their time in school and the experience they had with cultists – long story cut short, it was not a very pleasant experience for them.

However, TopeSoft feels “yahoo” has reduced cultism in University campuses in Nigeria, as one “non-violent” crime replaced a previously violent crime, he said.

He said, “I think Yahoo reduced cultism in the university campuses and even amongst the young people generally. One crime replaced another. But only that this one is non violent. Boys discovered they could be doing jazz to get money instead of using it for some gun control. Lmao”

https:///yahoo-reduced-cultism-in-universities-campuses/

people won’t still accept the fact that’s it true
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2021
McStoic:

Lol..I remember those early days of Yahoo messenger.. many of us had friends from abroad we would always chat with online. I had a black American lady friend then from the States. I, like several of my friends were content with being just friends online. Other Nigerians went ahead to abuse the privilege

Human mind is full of evil sha. Too bad!

Millennium children don't know Yahoo Messenger cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 19, 2021
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by McStoic(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2021
GlorifiedTunde:

Millennium children don't know Yahoo Messenger cheesy cheesy

Lol
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:
Yahoo is not only a crime, the money made from it does not make money for Nigeria, does not create jobs, and does not provide tax revenue. Most of the money earned is spent on imported stuff anyway.

It also helps drives away investors from the country, in addition to the insecurity and bubu on the throne.

Anyone justifying Yahoo should have their head checked.

Who tell u say e no dey create work. Beside who wan dey go work when I get iPhone and data
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
CivilzedTyger:
Who tell u say e no dey create work. Beside who wan dey go work when I get iPhone and data

Okay, don't complain when your family member is a victim.

Good afternoon.
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by suffering: 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cultism was a thing because Nigerian students are bored out of their minds. Idle minds are prone to cause destruction. Anyone who schooled outside will quickly attest to the many activities planned to engage student minds when unoccupied with academics. Our schools create soccer and track fields then call it a day.
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by ken6488(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
True

Will you prepare taking a bullet then ridding under AC

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Best Graduating Cadet From NDA Kaduna (pics) / SODOMY: I Left Usman Danfodio University To Avoid Professor Jabaka's Homosexual / A Combo Of Malt And Milk Doesn't Give Blood. Nigerians, Africans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.