Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

"Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" (2703 Views)

UNILAG Convocation: Falola Advocates Study Of Ifa, Witchcraft In Universities / Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Sixsigmahub: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
Update from

A tweet surfaced online from a Nigerian man identified as TopeSoft making a case for Yahoo against Cultism on university campuses and young ones in general, Siggy reports.

The issue of Cultism and its wrong impact in universities and the society at large had trended yesterday on Twitter, and many people have weighed in on the matter.

Many social media users also recalled their time in school and the experience they had with cultists – long story cut short, it was not a very pleasant experience for them.

However, TopeSoft feels “yahoo” has reduced cultism in University campuses in Nigeria, as one “non-violent” crime replaced a previously violent crime, he said.

He said, “I think Yahoo reduced cultism in the university campuses and even amongst the young people generally. One crime replaced another. But only that this one is non violent. Boys discovered they could be doing jazz to get money instead of using it for some gun control. Lmao”

https:///yahoo-reduced-cultism-in-universities-campuses/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Sixsigmahub: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
The theory of the greater and lesser evil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by thuxzwda1: 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Sixsigmahub:
Update from

A tweet surfaced online from a Nigerian man identified as TopeSoft making a case for Yahoo against Cultism on university campuses and young ones in general, Siggy reports.

The issue of Cultism and its wrong impact in universities and the society at large had trended yesterday on Twitter, and many people have weighed in on the matter.

Many social media users also recalled their time in school and the experience they had with cultists – long story cut short, it was not a very pleasant experience for them.

However, TopeSoft feels “yahoo” has reduced cultism in University campuses in Nigeria, as one “non-violent” crime replaced a previously violent crime, he said.

He said, “I think Yahoo reduced cultism in the university campuses and even amongst the young people generally. One crime replaced another. But only that this one is non violent. Boys discovered they could be doing jazz to get money instead of using it for some gun control. Lmao”

https:///yahoo-reduced-cultism-in-universities-campuses/

.... grin
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by GeneralKoko(m): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
Apt!!!!!!!

Rivers State University wey before you no fit waka one pole without being apprehended by cultists, you can now even return from night class by 3pm from law faculty with no fear .

Everybody now dae press
All the bad boys don cash out finish
All of them dae live for Agip and GRA

No body get time to collect your kappa

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Kriely(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
Spot on
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by odysey: 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
Kriely:
Spot on

It's planned just like what's happening in the US

They impoverished Nigerians so the youths would turn to crime killed or arrested thereby losing their voting rights or role in politics, those that escape are blackmailed in the future and the cycle continues, it's one of the reason for the continuous decline of the economy, the failing naira, the increase in price of goods and services including utilities

1 Like

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Authoreety: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2021
I'm afraid I agree with you

3 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Demigod22: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
This is funny but very true, everyone is looking for the money, and the Yahoo boys the oppress us too, almost all the girls the bill person as if they are paying us for being a male, na the Yahoo boys cause am.

2 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Sixsigmahub: 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
Very true in Uniben. The ekosodin I'm seeing now is not the same ekosodin I use to know back then.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Manq(m): 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
In as much as both are a bad culture, I think i wouldn't agree more
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
You can't really help but agree
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Lapinski: 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
Real
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Lapinski: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
Aboy! Your face show... Who dey Waka careless for diobu before? NOW DIOBU BOYS DON JOIN HK FINISH DEY FIND UPDATE LIKE SAY TOMORROW NO DEY. WETIN I know be say, if Government continue to try harder to stop yahoo, them go collect wotowoto because boys wea don chew chew onto Yahoo no go want to broke again.
GeneralKoko:
Apt!!!!!!!

Rivers State University wey before you no fit waka one pole without being apprehended by cultists, you can now even return from night class by 3pm from law faculty with no fear .

Everybody now dae press
All the bad boys don cash out finish
All of them dae live for Agip and GRA

No body get time to collect your kappa

2 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by aminusodiq(m): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
Very true
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by ruggedtimi(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2021
Yahoo reduced crime in ghana...same happening now in Nigeria universities no time for cult play ..
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Eazie351(m): 3:56am On Sep 19, 2021
even bank robberies
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:22am On Sep 19, 2021
Simple truth since 2005!

Yahoo started in 2001; this effect took started about 4 years after.

But bad thing nah bad thing sha!
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by TheGreatIYANU: 4:26am On Sep 19, 2021
I just did a film about this. I'll share the trailer here once it's out.

Modified: as promised, here's the trailer to my new movie (HK) coming soon -

Trailer for my new movie - HK (HuZZLE KiNGDOM) is out -

https://youtu.be/o720BVAvIyU

HK seeks to tell a holistic story of the realities encompassing the dark, delinquent and caliginous world of Cybercrime (yahoo yahoo). It follows a day in the life of six 'yahoo boys' as they navigate the intricacies of online fraud and the unexpected end they face.

To watch the trailer, click below -

https://youtu.be/o720BVAvIyU

•••

#HKthemovie
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Emmanuel909090: 5:06am On Sep 19, 2021
So true.
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:10am On Sep 19, 2021
Kinda true sha!
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Memberclub(m): 5:25am On Sep 19, 2021
I said this 5 years ago.
Here in my area Armed robbers are very rare
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 19, 2021
Yahoo is not only a crime, the money made from it does not make money for Nigeria, does not create jobs, and does not provide tax revenue. Most of the money earned is spent on imported stuff anyway.

It also helps drives away investors from the country, in addition to the insecurity and bubu on the throne.

Anyone justifying Yahoo should have their head checked.

1 Like

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Osiris12: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:
Yahoo is not only a crime, the money made from it does not make money for Nigeria, does not create jobs, and does not provide tax revenue. Most of the money earned is spent on imported stuff anyway.

It also helps drives away investors from the country, in addition to the insecurity and bubu on the throne.

Nigeria can burn to the ground

Who cares about the country anyway?

Long live Biafra land
Long live oduduwa republic
Long live niger delta republic

And the rest? Sorry long live don finish undecided

7 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 19, 2021
Osiris12:

Nigeria can burn to the ground

Who cares about the country anyway?

Long live Biafra land
Long live oduduwa republic
Long live niger delta republic

And the rest? Sorry long live don finish undecided

So, you would tolerate yahoo in your new countries because 'it helps reduce crime' eh?

1 Like

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Osiris12: 6:54am On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:

So, you would tolerate yahoo in your new countries because 'it helps reduce crime' eh?

Yeah, yeah and yes.

Cybercrime increases cyber security

5 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 19, 2021
Osiris12:

Yeah, yeah and yes.

Cybercrime increases cyber security

And drives away investment

Better not encourage Yahoo in your new countries.
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by MobileGees: 6:59am On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:

With due respect sir you no too wise, blaming yahoo boys for driving investors away and not the corrupt politicians, talking about tax the amount police rip from the the youth daily is enough for tax.

4 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Osiris12: 7:00am On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:

And drives away investment

Better not encourage Yahoo in your new countries.

It’ll not be encouraged totally but it’s gonna be there.

If bullet no dey. Person no go think to develop bulletproof.

Btw when naija was still naija. Wetin be cultism?
My dad told me that 4 students share one chicken at the cafeteria and it’s 2 students in a room with scholarships yapa for ground(he went to unilag). If all these status quo were maintained. We no go dey here dey choose between cultism and yahoo say which one better pass

3 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 19, 2021
MobileGees:

With due respect sir you no too wise, blaming yahoo boys for driving investors away and not the corrupt politicians, talking about tax the amount police rip from the the youth daily is enough for tax.

Okay

But blood money is blood money. Stealing someone's sweat and blood is evil and just as bad as the extortionist policemen.
Re: "Yahoo Reduced Cultism In Universities Campuses" by Imustnottalk: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2021
This is true .The baddest guy for our area don turn Yahoo nigga no wan die as he don get money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Best Graduating Cadet From NDA Kaduna (pics) / University Admission Made Easy / The Polytechnic Of Ile Ífe Is Addmission Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.