Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing (2877 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2021
Truth is, we are supposed to follow the example of Jesus Christ and give all we have for the kingdom. All our money, time, and effort. That is the standard.
So when the Lord through an ordained leader asks us to pay tithe, who are we to say no. Or has the Lord stopped speaking to his servants.
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2021
tctrills:

All contributions are voluntary. I can't remember God forcing anyone to pay tithe
There's no voluntary contributions that should come with a CURSE!

When you say something is voluntary it simply means that both those who donated and none donors will be blessed. But in this case none donors are CURSED. So stop deceiving yourself that is no more voluntary. Even God never referred to the TITHE as a voluntary donation:

“You MUST without fail give a tenth of everything your seed produces in the field year by year" Deuteronomy 14:22

God never referred to TITHING as voluntary but a MUST smiley
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There's no voluntary contributions that should come with a CURSE!

When you say something is voluntary it simply means that both those who donated and none donors will be blessed. But in this case none donors are CURSED. So stop deceiving yourself that is no more voluntary. Even God never referred to the TITHE as a voluntary donation:

“You MUST without fail give a tenth of everything your seed produces in the field year by year" Deuteronomy 14:22

God never referred to TITHING as voluntary but a MUST smiley

I am not such people go to jil for nat paying tithe. The bible tells us that we are free to choose
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:10am On Sep 21, 2021
tctrills:

Truth is, we are supposed to follow the example of Jesus Christ and give all we have for the kingdom. All our money, time, and effort. That is the standard.
NO! That's a big LIE!
Jesus could do so as there's no dependants (wife or children) that's why he could sleep and wake up anywhere he finds himself, so far it's the house of an interested Israelites, Jesus is comfortable with his ministry! Matthew 8:20

Jesus' life and ministry was only within the boarders of Israel because that's the only race he was sent to prepare for the global preaching campaign {Matthew 10:6; 15:24} but later when he wanted to send his followers to go beyond the boarders of Israel he changed the rules by telling them that they need money and other provisions which they must WORK for {Luke 22:35-36} this rule must change because God has already prepared the Israelites for the arrival of the Christ who will teach them how to go and bless other nations. Genesis 12:3
God put it in the laws He gave them that they must be hospitable and generous to strangers {Exodus 22:21 compare to Leviticus 25:35} that's why Jesus instructed his followers not to prepare anything for their ministry within the boarders of Israel {Matthew 10:9-10} because God's law says they must take good care of strangers!
But when Jesus is sending them out to other nations {Act 1:8} they must care for themselves that's why they need to work for money {Act 18:3} unlike Jesus who never did any secular works after his baptism!

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:11am On Sep 21, 2021
tctrills:

I am not such people go to jil for nat paying tithe. The bible tells us that we are free to choose
That's why TITHING is not part of Christianity! smiley
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

NO! That's a big LIE!
Jesus could do so as there's no dependants (wife or children) that's why he could sleep and wake up anywhere he finds himself, so far it's the house of an interested Israelites, Jesus is comfortable with his ministry! Matthew 8:20

Jesus' life and ministry was only within the boarders of Israel because that's the only race he was sent to prepare for the global preaching campaign {Matthew 10:6; 15:24} but later when he wanted to send his followers to go beyond the boarders of Israel he changed the rules by telling them that they need money and other provisions which they must WORK for {Luke 22:35-36} this rule must change because God has already prepared the Israelites for the arrival of the Christ who will teach them how to go and bless other nations. Genesis 12:3
God put it in the laws He gave them that they must be hospitable and generous to strangers {Exodus 22:21 compare to Leviticus 25:35} that's why Jesus instructed his followers not to prepare anything for their ministry within the boarders of Israel {Matthew 10:9-10} because God's law says they must take good care of strangers!
But when Jesus is sending them out to other nations {Act 1:8} they must care for themselves that's why they need to work for money {Act 18:3} unlike Jesus who never did any secular works after his baptism!

First, it's not recorded if Jesus did secular work or not. But then you have to recall that like Jesus, the early Apostles gave all for the Gospel. He sent them forth and told them to take no thought. they were told to go without a purse. Peter James and John left their profession and followed him.
The rich young man was commanded to sell all he has and follow Jesus.
Matthew 19.21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
This man was required to give 100% to achieve perfection.
Its the same for us all 100% is required
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's why TITHING is not part of Christianity! smiley
Your Opinion
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2021
You're not reading my posts along with the scriptures, you just want to argue! smiley

Zacchaeus promised to give half (not all) {Luke 19:8} and Jesus said Salvation has entered Zacchaeus's house! Luke 19:9

So instead of arguing blindly learn how to apply scriptures appropriately because if you're saying what is not applicable anywhere it means you're simply condemning Jesus for setting up a standard that couldn't be applied by even you yourself! smiley

tctrills:

First, it's not recorded if Jesus did secular work or not. But then you have to recall that like Jesus, the early Apostles gave all for the Gospel. He sent them forth and told them to take no thought. they were told to go without a purse. Peter James and John left their profession and followed him.
The rich young man was commanded to sell all he has and follow Jesus.
Matthew 19.21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
This man was required to give 100% to achieve perfection.
Its the same for us all 100% is required
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:35am On Sep 21, 2021
tctrills:

Your Opinion
Well let's leave that for the OP who asked the question:
Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing ? cheesy
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're not reading my posts along with the scriptures, you just want to argue! smiley

Zacchaeus promised to give half (not all) {Luke 19:8} and Jesus said Salvation has entered Zacchaeus's house! Luke 19:9

So instead of arguing blindly learn how to apply scriptures appropriately because if you're saying what is not applicable anywhere it means you're simply condemning Jesus for setting up a standard that couldn't be applied by even you yourself! smiley

Chief I think you are beginning to make a fool of yourself. The scripture I quoted has nothing to do with Zacchaeus. I understand you are trying to be overzealous. But I suggest you calm down. Jesus never told Zacchaeus to give his wealth, It was his choice. It was repentance for his evils.
But then there was a rich young man who came to Christ and asked what he would do to be saved. that's what I quoted.

You remind me of Paul's letter to the Philippians
Philippians 1.12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.

15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this, I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

You may have a Foul temperament but as long as you preach Christ, I accept you.
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2021
Nevermind the OP has SEEN the light among those adhering to Christ's instructions {Matthew 5:13-16} so there is no need for unnecessary arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9 smiley

tctrills:

Chief I think you are beginning to make a fool of yourself. The scripture I quoted has nothing to do with Zacchaeus. I understand you are trying to be overzealous. But I suggest you calm down. Jesus never told Zacchaeus to give his wealth, It was his choice. It was repentance for his evils.
But then there was a rich young man who came to Christ and asked what he would do to be saved. that's what I quoted.

You remind me of Paul's letter to the Philippians
Philippians 1.12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.

15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this, I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

You may have a Foul temperament but as long as you preach Christ, I accept you.
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2021
;
MaxInDHouse:
Nevermind the OP has SEEN the light among those adhering to Christ's instructions {Matthew 5:13-16} so there is no need for unnecessary arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9 smiley

good for you grin
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by achorladey: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well let's leave that for the OP who asked the question:
Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing ? cheesy

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing?.....

Won ti fe yi ibeere naa po grin grin

Here is the OP words below.....

The Jehovah's witnesses seems to be the only christian denomination not putting emphasis on tithe which has dominated the theme of most churches

Seems to be the only is different from only
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by sonmvayina(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
The jews operated a theocracy. God was their king. Tithe was a form of tax. Anything that belongs to God goes to the levites and priest. The Levites did not receive any landed inheritance...
It was meant to cater for their needs and the less privilege in the society...

Nigeria is a democracy, we pay our tax to the government..anybody given it to the pastor is defrauding the state and any pastor collecting it is a thief...

2 Likes

Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
Excellent! smiley

sonmvayina:

The jews operated a theocracy. God was their king. Tithe was a form of tax. Anything that belongs to God goes to the levites and priest. The Levites did not receive any landed inheritance...
It was meant to cater for their needs and the less privilege in the society...

Nigeria is a democracy, we pay our tax to the government..anybody given it to the pastor is defrauding the state and any pastor collecting it is a thief...

1 Like

Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by achorladey: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Excellent! smiley

The jews operated a theocracy.

The religious organisation you belong states it is a THEOCRATIC ORGANIZATION

Tithe was a form of tax.

Do you pay tithe since you belong to a THEOCRATIC ORGANIZATION like the Jews?

anybody given it to the pastor is defrauding the state and any pastor collecting it is a thief

What you forgot is give to caesar what belongs to caesar and to God what belongs to God. Of which tithe payers do.
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
tctrills:
;
good for you grin

People like you only have eyes but you're not seeing, ears you have but you're not grasping anything {Matthew 13:14} if you're saying Jesus taught you something but there's no group that's able to practice it today, do you know the spiritual implications of what you're saying? smiley

Well let me enlighten you!

Jesus is the Son of God {Matthew 3:17; 17:5} God is the wisest in all the universe {Romans 11:33} and so His Son must be the most wonderful counselor ever! Isaiah 9:6

But you are saying you belong to God's Son (Jesus) yet you want everyone to believe that Jesus is a failure! 2Timothy 3:5

tctrills:
I personally don't know many churches that do 100% today

How can you prove that Jesus is God's Son when what he taught is not working anywhere? 1John 2:22 smiley
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

People like you only have eyes but you're not seeing, ears you have but you're not grasping anything {Matthew 13:14} if you're saying Jesus taught you something but there's no group that's able to practice it today, do you know the spiritual implications of what you're saying? smiley

Well let me enlighten you!

Jesus is the Son of God {Matthew 3:17; 17:5} God is the wisest in all the universe {Romans 11:33} and so His Son must be the most wonderful counselor ever! Isaiah 9:6

But you are saying you belong to God's Son (Jesus) yet you want everyone to believe that Jesus is a failure! 2Timothy 3:5

How can you prove that Jesus is God's Son when what he taught is not working anywhere? 1John 2:22 smiley
Haba... this isn't a personal battle man. Anyway, I understand your overzealousness. It is the rashness of youth. As you grow older, you would grow wiser and learn respect and tolerance. You would make a great preacher of the gospel. I see you have some talent.
But learn to calm down. What we do is called 'Labour of Love' for a reason.
Peace bro.

One more thing, learn to express yourself clearly.
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
tctrills:

Haba... this isn't a personal battle man. Anyway, I understand your overzealousness. It is the rashness of youth. As you grow older, you would grow wiser and learn respect and tolerance. You would make a great preacher of the gospel. I see you have some talent.
But learn to calm down. What we do is called 'Labour of Love' for a reason.
Peace bro.

One more thing, learn to express yourself clearly.
We don't need eloquence to deliver! Act 4:13

So once we've gotten the message across it's either you agree or disagree but we've played our part! Matthew 10:13-15 smiley
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

We don't need eloquence to deliver! Act 4:13

So once we've gotten the message across it's either you agree or disagree but we've played our part! Matthew 10:13-15 smiley
Peace pastor
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2021
tctrills:

Peace pastor neighbour

There's a lot to discuss but since you believe you're ok with what you know i'll keep off!

But before i do that i want you to know that i am only serving as a teacher to those who are ready to learn from me, most of them have become better than me because they are far much more educated than me so after teaching them the elementary things of the Christ which they humbly received it and praying with them {John 17:8-9} Jesus (the master) will dispense to them the measure of SPIRIT they need {John 14:26-27; 16:12-13} and before they realize it i'm already learning from them again because i'm not the master. John 15:1-8
They are now my brothers and we're having interchange of encouragement {Hebrews 10:24-25} they're now my brothers in Christ! Matthew 12:46-50
But for now i'm just your neighbour, you and i aren't related in any way so please don't call me your "brother" neither should you call me "pastor" because i'm not your spiritual teacher.
Please i'm simply your neighbour.

Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 10:15am On Sep 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There's a lot to discuss but since you believe you're ok with what you know i'll keep off!

But before i do that i want you to know that i am only serving as a teacher to those who are ready to learn from me, most of them have become better than me because they are far much more educated than me so after teaching them the elementary things of the Christ which they humbly received it and praying with them {John 17:8-9} Jesus (the master) will dispense to them the measure of SPIRIT they need {John 14:26-27; 16:12-13} and before they realize it i'm already learning from them again because i'm not the master. John 15:1-8
They are now my brothers and we're having interchange of encouragement {Hebrews 10:24-25} they're now my brothers in Christ! Matthew 12:46-50
But for now i'm just your neighbour, you and i aren't related in any way so please don't call me your "brother" neither should you call me "pastor" because i'm not your spiritual teacher.

Let me ask you a simple question, what would be the faith of someone who believes in Christ, keeps the commandments but isn't a member of your church?
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 10:16am On Sep 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Oga calm down with the preaching.
I understand you think you are in the right place and others are in the wrong.
But you just might be mistaken.
When I called you pastor, it was a joke. I was trying to reduce the tension between us.
I am sure that you would find many who believe your message is appealing and I wish you luck. But you have to understand that we humans are so different. We all can't believe the same thing. That's the way God created us. Your religion would appeal to some people, but not everyone. But that does not make it right or better than any other religion
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2021
All worshipers of my own God must have the same line of thought as Jesus wanted it to be:

“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. John 17:20-23
Paul also said:

Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. 1 Corinthians 1:10

So whatever makes you and i differ in beliefs then we are not worshiping the same God, but that doesn't mean i'm judging you, i'm only telling you exactly what i found in the scriptures!

tctrills:

Oga calm down with the preaching.
I understand you think you are in the right place and others are in the wrong.
But you just might be mistaken.
When I called you pastor, it was a joke. I was trying to reduce the tension between us.
I am sure that you would find many who believe your message is appealing and I wish you luck. But you have to understand that we humans are so different. We all can't believe the same thing. That's the way God created us. Your religion would appeal to some people, but not everyone. But that does not make it right or better than any other religion

1 Like

Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
All worshipers of my own God must have the same line of thought as Jesus wanted it to be:

“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. John 17:20-23
Paul also said:

Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. 1 Corinthians 1:10

So whatever makes you and i differ in beliefs then we are not worshiping the same God, but that doesn't mean i'm judging you, i'm only telling you exactly what i found in the scriptures!

I agree with you on that. We all should have one doctrine.

That's why he ordained men to bring us to the truth.
Ephesians 4.11 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity
in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

But then, the bible told us what we need to be saved. John3.16, Matthew 25. 31-46, John 3. 3-5, revelation 3.21 and revelation 2.26 to mention a few.

These verse tell us what is needed for salvation.

So we can argue about the doctrines as much as we want. But the core things that lead to salvation are faith in Christ, repentance, baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost and living a Christlike life.
We may not need a perfect knowledge. In fact faith isn't a perfect knowledge.
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Paul also said:

In the new testement, we have instances where Peter and Paul disagreed on doctrine.
Paul and Barnabas couldn't agree to work together. They were not one. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't be saved
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2021
My friend it's not necessary we continue with this, just know that you and i aren't worshiping the same God.
In my own FAITH all believers must have the same line of thought.
If you wish to know something feel free to ask me but never think that you and i worship the same God if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

tctrills:

In the new testement, we have instances where Peter and Paul disagreed on doctrine.
Paul and Barnabas couldn't agree to work together. They were not one. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't be saved
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by tctrills: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
My friend it's not necessary we continue with this, just know that you and i aren't worshiping the same God.
In my own FAITH all believers must have the same line of thought.
If you wish to know something feel free to ask me but never think that you and i worship the same God if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

You have a right to your beliefs.
I wouldn't know about your God, but I serve the creator of heaven and earth and the father of our spirits.
Re: Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
tctrills:

You have a right to your beliefs.
I wouldn't know about your God, but I serve the creator of heaven and earth and the father of our spirits.

Thanks for the understanding Sir, may you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Bible Meaning Of Speaking In Tongues? {glossolalia Or Xenoglossy} / If Anyone Dies ? The Lord Did It / 72 Christians Embraced To Islam In Modakeke (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.