Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries (2850 Views)

Letter From One Of The Most Evil King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missiona / King Leopold's Letter To The Christian Missionaries.an Interesting Read / Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by Mbeki: 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Letter from one of the most evil King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883
Reverends, Fathers and Dear Compatriots:
The task that is given to fulfill is very delicate
and requires much tact. You will go certainly to evangelize, but your evangelization must inspire
above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach
the niggers to know God, this they know already. They speak and submit to a Mungu, one Nzambi,
one Nzakomba, and what else I don't know. They know that to kill, to sleep with someone else's
wife, to lie and to insult is bad. Have courage to admit it; you are not going to teach them what they
know already. Your essential role is to facilitate the task of administrators and industrials, which
means you will go to interpret the gospel in the way it will be the best to protect your interests in
that part of the world. For these things, you have to keep watch on disinteresting our savages from
the richness that is plenty [in their underground. To avoid that, they get interested in it, and make
you murderous] competition and dream one day to overthrow you.
Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your
followers to love poverty, like “Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven” and, “It's
very difficult for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.” You have to detach from them and make
them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us. I make reference to their Mystic
System and their war fetish – warfare protection – which they pretend not to want to abandon, and
you must do everything in your power to make it disappear.

Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won't revolt when the
recommendation of the priest is contradictory to their parent's teachings. The children have to learn
to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist
on their total submission and obedience, avoid developing the spirit in the schools, teach students to
read and not to reason. There, dear patriots, are some of the principles that you must apply. You will
find many other books, which will be given to you at the end of this conference. Evangelize the
niggers so that they stay forever in submission to the white colonialists, so they never revolt against
the restraints they are undergoing. Recite every day – “Happy are those who are weeping because
the kingdom of God is for them.”
Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 2
Convert always the blacks by using the whip. Keep their women in nine months of
submission to work freely for us. Force them to pay you in sign of recognition-goats, chicken or
eggs-every time you visit their villages. And make sure that niggers never become rich. Sing every
day that it's impossible for the rich to enter heaven. Make them pay tax each week at Sunday mass.
Use the money supposed for the poor, to build flourishing business centres. Institute a confessional
system, which allows you to be good detectives denouncing any black that has a different
consciousness contrary to that of the decision-maker. Teach the niggers to forget their heroes and to
adore only ours. Never present a chair to a black that comes to visit you. Don't give him more than
one cigarette. Never invite him for dinner even if he gives you a chicken every time you arrive at
his house.
“The above speech which shows the real intention of the Christian missionary journey in
Africa was exposed to the world by Mr. Moukouani Muikwani Bukoko, born in the Congo in 1915,
and who in 1935 while working in the Congo, bought a second hand Bible from a Belgian priest
who forgot the speech in the Bible. – Dr. Chiedozie Okoro
http://www.reunionblackfamily.com/apps/blog/show/11410954-letter-from-one-of-the-most-evil-king-leopold-ii-of-belgium-to-colonial-missionaries-1883

2 Likes

Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by WorldGreatest1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
Fp material.
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by harbiola1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP, ur link is not genuine. tongue
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by DKJaleel: 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
Fp material.
i hope so, so that 'they' can see...

1 Like

Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
harbiola1: @OP, ur link is not genuine. tongue

The letter is famous and genuine. google it.

1 Like

Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by harbiola1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2014

PAGAN 9JA:

The letter is famous and genuine. google it.

lipsrsealed cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
An evil intention can be turned into Good. Some of the missionaries might have been sent for political reasons. Again some came because of genuine zeal to act for conversion of souls.
Whatever the reason the at the end people converted to Christianity and Not a thousand pagan can undo the spread of Christianity here in Africa and elsewhere.
Which amuses me when I see the likes of pagan9ja and other zealots both Christian and Muslims writing articles upon articles fighting among themselves proving to one the other is better than another.
It tells me either most of these people are jobless or actually working in places not so demanding.
Money is out their to be made. Dreams are out their to be realized and I joined nairaland about two weeks ago (was on leave. Works starts on Monday) and I keep seeing the same folks making articles everyday.
Get a life all you zealots both xtian, Muslim and pagans and atheists. Another year started. Time waits for no man especially in a tough clime like naija. The amount of time you invest here if you do it in your business your turnover will improve. Christianity has come to say. Islam has come to say. Those who don't believe in God will also always on earth. Channel your megabyte and more importantly your time to be better venture. Today is already 4th January........tick tock before you know it September and December. And you have not achieved anything meaningful.
This My last comments. Deleting my acct after now. Sorry I might read ur replies but definitely not replying. Go into the real world and make a life for yourselves.
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
^stop worrying about our jobs.

I wonder how jobless you might've been to type out all that trash.

1 Like

Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by Atigba: 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
Daniel203: An evil intention can be turned into Good. Some of the missionaries might have been sent for political reasons. Again some came because of genuine zeal to act for conversion of souls.
Whatever the reason the at the end people converted to Christianity and Not a thousand pagan can undo the spread of Christianity here in Africa and elsewhere.
Which amuses me when I see the likes of pagan9ja and other zealots both Christian and Muslims writing articles upon articles fighting among themselves proving to one the other is better than another.
It tells me either most of these people are jobless or actually working in places not so demanding.
Money is out their to be made. Dreams are out their to be realized and I joined nairaland about two weeks ago (was on leave. Works starts on Monday) and I keep seeing the same folks making articles everyday.
Get a life all you zealots both xtian, Muslim and pagans and atheists. Another year started. Time waits for no man especially in a tough clime like naija. The amount of time you invest here if you do it in your business your turnover will improve. Christianity has come to say. Islam has come to say. Those who don't believe in God will also always on earth. Channel your megabyte and more importantly your time to be better venture. Today is already 4th January........tick tock before you know it September and December. And you have not achieved anything meaningful.
This My last comments. Deleting my acct after now. Sorry I might read ur replies but definitely not replying. Go into the real world and make a life for yourselves.
shut up do you think you are more productive and sucessful than folks that spent their time here in nairaland? Nonsense
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by POPEII: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Are you aware that Christianity reached Africa before the colonization?

As for the topic sorry for my Congo brothers they met the wrong guys, fake Christians. The so called missionaries were not true christians , God will judge them, meanwhile congo should ask for reparations
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mstcheew @OP. You will just go and google trash and post it here.
Don't you know that google tells lie a lot.
Even if the letter is true, does that mean the white missionaries heeded to the advise of your so-called Evil king.

Abeg go and Die!
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by mmsen: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Even when you put the evidence in front of them xtians will close their eyes.
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
mmsen: Even when you put the evidence in front of them xtians will close their eyes.
come open am nah. Mstcheww!
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
POPE II: Are you aware that Christianity reached Africa before the colonization?

Africa is not a country. so it doesnt matter.

christianity grew in Egypt in its initial years and spread to Ethiopia. we are aware of that. However it did not come to sub-sahaharan Africa until the advent of the colonists.

As for the topic sorry for my Congo brothers they met the wrong guys, fake Christians. The so called missionaries were not true christians , God will judge them, meanwhile congo should ask for reparations

So whenever christians do right (very few), they are true christians, while the rest are fakes?

keep twisting it to suit your needs.
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
FrancisTony: Mstcheew @OP. You will just go and google trash and post it here.
Don't you know that google tells lie a lot.

Great! here comes another character. .

So you read to rubbish all this as lies at the expense of the sufferings of your fellow Africans, just because you want to support your own personal agenda?

you are a traitor. you have been brainwashed.

Even if the letter is true, does that mean the white missionaries heeded to the advise of your so-called Evil king.

Abeg go and Die!

ofcourse! Dont you know the attrocities commited in Belgian Congo?

so we sould go and die for posting about attrocities comitted against our African brothers and sisters, just because it doesnt suit your personal means?

may the God of Justice give to those that deserve what cometh their way. .
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Great! here comes another character. .
undecided

So you read to rubbish all this as lies at the expense of the sufferings of your fellow Africans, just because you want to support your own personal agenda?
*yawn*

you are a traitor. you have been brainwashed.
Really? Na so! grin

ofcourse! Dont you know the attrocities commited in Belgian Congo?
For your mind you sabi history! cheesy

so we should go and die for posting about attrocities comitted against our African brothers and sisters, just because it doesnt suit your personal means?
yes nah.

may the God of Justice give to those that deserve what cometh their way. .

hmm
Re: Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries by YesBwoss: 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Terrible, but not really surprising. Powerful people have always used religion to keep people docile. It happened in Europe and still happens in many parts of the world, just take a look at the Middle East today. Africa's case was particularly worse because many Europeans saw us as sub-humans, so they felt no compunction whenever they treated us badly. Well, God dey, one day our turn to catch them go come. sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

(part 4).TRAITS OF OGBANJE SPIRITS. / I Was Deceived. / Faith Seminar With Pastor Poju Oyemade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.