Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Why Is My Prayer Not Working? - Pastor Bolaji Idowu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is My Prayer Not Working? - Pastor Bolaji Idowu (449 Views)

She Came To Winepress 2022 With Crutches & Left Without Crutches - Pastor Bolaji / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio / My Prayer For Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Prayer Not Working? - Pastor Bolaji Idowu by anointedlinks: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpazuYphSGQ

Paraphrased excerpts

Some people ask, why should I pray? God should already know what I want.

Prayer is permitting God to do what we want (e.g. A landlord has to get authorization to enter in his tenant's flat and fix faulty plumbing, so also God has to be given authorization through your prayers, for Him to act in your life).

He will not override your will.

Place a date on your prayer requests so that they don't bounce like an undated cheque.

Enquire from God why your prayer is not working (e.g. A cheque with inconsistent writing of the amount in words and figures will bounce, and you have to go to the bank to ask why, so you can correct that).

Never pray to God on the basis of your works (e.g. God I'm a worker in the church and still not financially blessed, why Lord?) because for every good thing you've done, you have done many bad things as well.
Pray on the basis of Jesus's righteousness.

Nothing withholds answered prayer like guilt, because anywhere there's guilt there can't be faith.

Your prayer requests should be specific so you can have specific solutions. E.g. If you ask for capital, but need 150 million capital, you may get 1 million in capital and not know that your prayer has been answered.

Most people don't ask specifically because of doubt that it will be answered.

Being specific helps to form an image in your mind that helps you recognise the answer when it comes (if you ask to see a white car on the road that is yours you may not know when it comes, but if you ask for a specific model with your name on it, the case will be different). Being specific helps your faith become focused.

The more specific your prayer, the more you release the potential of your human spirit (e.g. don't say I want a peaceful marriage, say "I want a marriage where I'm treated in xyz way."wink

Any prayer that does not touch you, cannot touch God. Your prayer must be heartfelt and with thought.

Some prayers can be mouthful but not heartfelt i.e. so loud but disconnected.
It's difficult to pray about what you're not connected to.

You can't push out power from an empty heart the same way an empty perfume bottle cannot push out fragrance until it is filled with liquid.

More here - https://anointedlinks..com/?m=1

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Prayer Not Working? - Pastor Bolaji Idowu by kumulus(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2021
anointedlinks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5doncDfkT20

Paraphrased excerpts

Some people ask, why should I pray? God should already know what I want.

Prayer is permitting God to do what we want (e.g. A landlord has to get authorization to enter in his tenant's flat and fix faulty plumbing, so also God has to be given authorization through your prayers, for Him to act in your life).

He will not override your will.

Place a date on your prayer requests so that they don't bounce like an undated cheque.

Enquire from God why your prayer is not working (e.g. A cheque with inconsistent writing of the amount in words and figures will bounce, and you have to go to the bank to ask why, so you can correct that).

Never pray to God on the basis of your works (e.g. God I'm a worker in the church and still not financially blessed, why Lord?) because for every good thing you've done, you have done many bad things as well.
Pray on the basis of Jesus's righteousness.

Nothing withholds answered prayer like guilt, because anywhere there's guilt there can't be faith.

Your prayer requests should be specific so you can have specific solutions. E.g. If you ask for capital, but need 150 million capital, you may get 1 million in capital and not know that your prayer has been answered.

Most people don't ask specifically because of doubt that it will be answered.

Being specific helps to form an image in your mind that helps you recognise the answer when it comes (if you ask to see a white car on the road that is yours you may not know when it comes, but if you ask for a specific model with your name on it, the case will be different). Being specific helps your faith become focused.

The more specific your prayer, the more you release the potential of your human spirit (e.g. don't say I want a peaceful marriage, say "I want a marriage where I'm treated in xyz way."wink

Any prayer that does not touch you, cannot touch God. Your prayer must be heartfelt and with thought.

Some prayers can be mouthful but not heartfelt i.e. so loud but disconnected.
It's difficult to pray about what you're not connected to.

You can't push out power from an empty heart the same way an empty perfume bottle cannot push out fragrance until it is filled with liquid.

More here - https://anointedlinks..com/?m=1

Oh dear, a lovely read. I was just thinking about "Prayer" some 20mins ago. What it really is and how it ought to be done for effectiveness. Thank you for sharing.

-Lloyd

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Prayer Not Working? - Pastor Bolaji Idowu by anointedlinks: 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
kumulus:

Oh dear, a lovely read. I was just thinking about "Prayer" some 20mins ago. What it really is and how it ought to be done for effectiveness. Thank you for sharing.

-Lloyd

God answers prayers

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris : Dont Minister To Prostitutes Unless . . / Men That Wash Plates Don’t Prosper. Stop It — Evangelist Ebuka Obi Counsels Men / Ex-COZA Member Indicts Fatoyinbo In Pregnant Friend's Death.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.