Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) (33759 Views)

First United Nigeria Airline Flight Lands In Sokoto (Pictures) / Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) / AIB Report To Address Controversy Over Max Air ‘serious Incident’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by luizpippo(m): 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
Some people sha.
You are bad mouthing a pilot you didn't know whether he is depressed,forgetting he made decide to off engine mid air let everybody perish once and for all.

And the co-pilot or first officer and flight engineer will not bat an eyelid?
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Longman8: 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
In the USA the pilot get to apolozise at the end weda he is at fault oo or the passenger is. Thats wat we call."CUSTOMER SERVICE"
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by luizpippo(m): 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
ItsTutsi:
As much as ur comment is funny, but there is sense in it!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

If it was a white man, after all that insult.. he would have crashed that plane grin

Appropriate thing to do is remove that pilot and probably his crew from that flight for that day.

Let them take a rest.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by torqque7(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2021
googlepikins:
Nigerians please help me beg the kabu kabu airline call Arik air to refund me my ₦42,500.

I booked a flight from Lagos to Abuja, and when I got to the airport, we were told that the plane is in Port Harcourt and it will load passengers to Abuja and then pick-up passengers from Abuja to Lagos and then take us to Abuja.

Mind you this was 12noon, they shifted the flight to 3pm and later 5pm, and when they couldn't continue with their lies they opened up that the flight has been cancelled.

I asked the Arik air staff, hope I will get a refund cos obviously it's not my fault, she nodded Yes.

My brothers and sisters can you imagine that Arik uses 40 working days to process refunds.they requested for my bank account statement and gave me a form to fill. I had to get my bank statement of account to show that I really made payment on that day.

I don't know what I was thinking going to buy ticket on an airline that is in distress under AMCON .

I met my childhood friend at the airport that work for FAAN he told me to forget the money cos Arik do the same scam almost every day to innocent passengers.

My friend said the 40 working days is a way of them saying OGA forget your money it's now ours.

It's been 63 days I haven't still gotten my money back. Any time I go to their office to make trouble they make me look like I'm crazy for asking for a refund.

Guys I don't know what to do. The thought of being duped by Arik air is disturbing my mental health. I'm tired.

Meanwhile Arik doesn't pick their so-called refund phone number, it will ring for 600 times and no one will care to pick up the phone.

I hate Arik with a passion..they are all thieves and all my experiences with them have been so bad so I vowed NEVER to fly Arik again even if they are the only ones flying..Nigerians need to boycott that airline for good,very useless airline angry angry

1 Like

Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by luizpippo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

I watched a documentary on Discovery channel some years back when a depressed pilot deliberately crash landed a plane in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

The one who locked his co-pilot out?
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Maobichek: 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
Jerryherd:

Should he proceed to fly with bad weather and perish all their lives?!! Will she meet her family that way or head to hell fire

I have used Max air 2 times and they delayed my flight on both occasions; Max air should change their plane, what they use is not that wonderful to say the least.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by haslaw(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
MAURI:

He allowed himself to be angered. Ego. Passengers have right to complain.

Since when is it the passengers duty to pay for services and then take it upon himself / herself to carry our stress / mental analyses on the service provider? That pilot conducted himself in a very unprofessional manner.

Part of the job is to have empathy and learn to de-escalate such situation. What does he cost him to just ignore the lady or apologize on behalf of his boss who caused the passenger to be angered by not keeping to the time agreement. Of course things happen beyond their control, that is the moment / opportunity for him to stand up and show professionalism by engaging the aggrieved passenger and try calming her and de-escalate the situation. His conduct / reaction only increased the stress and rowdiness of the passengers.

In case he is having any form of instability (emotional or otherwise), the should not be put in a situation to shoulder such responsibilities. As he has shown. No be BRT him dey drive na. grin. Him no even respect him uniform and all those things on his shoulders, acting like an agbero. lol

Na everybody want show themselves for Naija. It wasn't even necessary for him to engage the passengers. The purser should have been able to do that perfectly. Only where there is major disruption or threat, then he can exhibit his executive order.

@ bolded, you forgot to tell us that part of his job is to receive insults from unruly passengers.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by haslaw(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
iReddington:
The pilot said he's volunteering to get the passengers to their families.
That pilot is not okay in the head.
Does he think he's working for free?

Stop being unreasonable. The pilot is being paid to fly and not to receive insults.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by trilacos: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
I won't blame the pilot,Nigerian are aggressive. He only paid them back in their coins.however,it is unprofessional.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by haslaw(m): 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
Longman8:
In the USA the pilot get to apolozise at the end weda he is at fault oo or the passenger is. Thats wat we call."CUSTOMER SERVICE"

This is a very big fat lie. The United States don't joke with safety of air travellers particularly after 9/11.

If you become unruly, not only will you be restrained, you will be blacklisted from flying even with other airlines. An unruly passenger's name will be sent to all the airlines and that person will never fly again.

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Kajaard: 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
luizpippo:

The one who locked his co-pilot out?

Yeah that's the one. I think it was an episode of Air Crash Investigation.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by wallarwallar(m): 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
Some people sha.
You are bad mouthing a pilot you didn't know whether he is depressed,forgetting he made decide to off engine mid air let everybody perish once and for all.

Oponu somebody so hin go excape abi.. ldiotic fellow
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Emmanuel909090: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
Who has the pack of this country, lets check the expiry date.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Emmanuel909090: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
googlepikins:
Nigerians please help me beg the kabu kabu airline call Arik air to refund me my ₦42,500.

I booked a flight from Lagos to Abuja, and when I got to the airport, we were told that the plane is in Port Harcourt and it will load passengers to Abuja and then pick-up passengers from Abuja to Lagos and then take us to Abuja.

Mind you this was 12noon, they shifted the flight to 3pm and later 5pm, and when they couldn't continue with their lies they opened up that the flight has been cancelled.

I asked the Arik air staff, hope I will get a refund cos obviously it's not my fault, she nodded Yes.

My brothers and sisters can you imagine that Arik uses 40 working days to process refunds.they requested for my bank account statement and gave me a form to fill. I had to get my bank statement of account to show that I really made payment on that day.

I don't know what I was thinking going to buy ticket on an airline that is in distress under AMCON .

I met my childhood friend at the airport that work for FAAN he told me to forget the money cos Arik do the same scam almost every day to innocent passengers.

My friend said the 40 working days is a way of them saying OGA forget your money it's now ours.

It's been 63 days I haven't still gotten my money back. Any time I go to their office to make trouble they make me look like I'm crazy for asking for a refund.

Guys I don't know what to do. The thought of being duped by Arik air is disturbing my mental health. I'm tired.

Meanwhile Arik doesn't pick their so-called refund phone number, it will ring for 600 times and no one will care to pick up the phone.

You never mad gan, if you mad they will refund you immeadiately, or hire a lawyer a sue them simple.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by luizpippo(m): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kajaard:

Yeah that's the one. I think it was an episode of Air Crash Investigation.

Yeah.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by writeprof(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nukilia:
Agbero pilots grin cheesy cheesy

And molue planes grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by gibsonwales(m): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
Max Air and their wahala again. I remember boarding a flight from Abuja to Lagos with this airline. We had about 2 hours delay for no reason and no staff from the airline came to address us. We were just staring at each other in the eyes as time passed. Their plane sef b like motor weh Nigerian custom put for auction. grin
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Coolgent(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
Chapii:
That’s very wrong of the pilot. From his language, he is quota system pilot. Na dem
Must you display your stupidity and hatred
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Tonyx5(m): 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
saphiere:
Men are always rude naturally. Imagine him saying the passsengers shouldn't query him that he is helping to take them to their families.
A captain for that matter.
Is he flying them for free?
His licence should be withdrawn.
Go withdraw am nau
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by litaninja(m): 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Is it not the nuisance FAAN that doesn't sanction the airlines that we'll blame?
The last time, they put out a press release that flight must not be delayed for more that 2 hours or face action and blah blah blah. Till date, nothing has been done.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Geeman2006: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2021
googlepikins:

I think you should be patient.. Azman took over 3 months to repay me my 73k return ticket. I even stopped disturbing them with visiting their office because it was energy and time wasting. I decided when I have free time I will go and show craze for them. And just like that one hot Afternoon , after 90+ days I received an alert from them. Give them small time first and see.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Geeman2006: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2021
franchasng:
This kind flight is scary, it's completely filled with Northern terrorists just like when one enters a flight from Turkey to Pakistan shocked shocked

Please how Old are you.. Completely off topic. undecided
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by naijaman2225(m): 12:14am On Sep 20, 2021
googlepikins:

BETWEEN YOUR N42,000 AND YOUR MENTAL/PHYSICAL HEALTH,WHICH ONE YOU
VALUE PASS? I DEY ASK NOW WEN YOU STILL DEY IN A POSITION TO REASON D MATA.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by blaqkid205(m): 2:27am On Sep 20, 2021
Thank god they are not already in the air
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by losky83: 3:42am On Sep 20, 2021
micronut:
A serious disagreement was recorded here inside Max Airline flight going from Abuja to Bauchi when a woman complained over the 4 hours flight delay, and the pilot and the other crew, demanded that the woman should be taken down from the flight for insulting them even though they are trying to take necessary precautionary measures to ensure safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5FgnGN8sY

The Pilot was seen particularly exchanging words with the woman while other passengers supported her and social reaction from people have shown people calling for the pilot to be sanctioned for being rude.

For some people, it's a parody of "Customers are always right" while for some others "delays can be excused for passengers safety".

Who is wrong here, the passenger or the pilot? see People's reactions on Facebook as Shared on Wall of Hajia Aisha Alubankudi.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10225200401813086&id=1111933828
IS PEOPLE LIKE THAT PILOT THAT BRING DISGRACE TO NIGERIA.
AN AIRBUS IS NOT MOLUE OR KEKE WHERE DRIVERS FIGHT WITH PASSENGERS.THE PILOT IS SUPPOSED TO MAINTAIN COMPOSURE NO MATTER THE SITUATION.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Caseless: 4:41am On Sep 20, 2021
She should have involved his airline and they will bring security to bring the woman out. Why did he stoop so low?

Nigeria? Funny country. Wetin even bring am come back to respond to her? He's flying and should be in the right state of mind.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by Caseless: 4:44am On Sep 20, 2021
googlepikins:

na 42k you de run mad for like this?
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by abnot: 5:03am On Sep 20, 2021
In 2019 a lady was removed from an Airpeace flight for something similar. She and her husband resorted to a social media campaign against the airline/pilot and a lawsuit later on. Hopefully the court will interpret the laws better as it seems many liken passenger-pilot mode of operation to the usual passenger-driver relationship while pilots guided by the different aviation acts have the power to throw out unruly passengers from their aircraft.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by shegun4sur: 5:07am On Sep 20, 2021
googlepikins:

Sue them
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by OkukoIgbo: 5:10am On Sep 20, 2021
micronut:
A serious disagreement was recorded here inside Max Airline flight going from Abuja to Bauchi when a woman complained over the 4 hours flight delay, and the pilot and the other crew, demanded that the woman should be taken down from the flight for insulting them even though they are trying to take necessary precautionary measures to ensure safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5FgnGN8sY

The Pilot was seen particularly exchanging words with the woman while other passengers supported her and social reaction from people have shown people calling for the pilot to be sanctioned for being rude.

For some people, it's a parody of "Customers are always right" while for some others "delays can be excused for passengers safety".

Who is wrong here, the passenger or the pilot? see People's reactions on Facebook as Shared on Wall of Hajia Aisha Alubankudi.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10225200401813086&id=1111933828

Oga go find work abeg, this is not your calling. Have you tried selling agbo?

And I noticed it is almost bokoharam people that full the plane.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by OkukoIgbo: 5:17am On Sep 20, 2021
Skyfly007:
As in ehh..same thing I'm reasoning here..

How can someone make a pilot angry ,same person that will fly them to some high altitude, where there life will now depend on both the pilot and GOD..smh

35000 ft no be here ooo.
Re: Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) by OkukoIgbo: 5:20am On Sep 20, 2021
ItsTutsi:
As much as ur comment is funny, but there is sense in it!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

If it was a white man, after all that insult.. he would have crashed that plane grin

They get luck say no be Andreas Lubitz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Downpour Destroys Owerri-Onitsha Federal Highway : Pics & Video / 18 Die In Motor Accident In Jigawa (Graphic Photos) / Ogun tops list of South African returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.