Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? (1904 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Police Officers In Port Harcourt / Enugu: Hoodlums Hiding Under EndSARS Protests Kill Police Officers (Graphic) / Suspected IPOB Members Kill Police Officer In Rivers - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
After what happened at Ukaegbu junction in Awada Obosi and after seeing the gory pics online, I was wondering...

Why does rag tag and untrained gunmen find it sooooo easy killing professional security officers?? Police men that have all the trainings necessary and even how to handle weapons. I have never read where these guys re repelled when attacking a police formation.

Is it that trainers of our security men do not know their jobs?? Are they incompetent?? If they cannot protect themselves, guns and properties, how do we expect them to protect the armless civilians and populace?? Soo many questions that beget answers.

Our IGP should answer these questions and overhaul the training architecture of the police force. Every time dick and Harry can now carry out hits on the police with Soo much ease. This is not good.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Kaduna1stson: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
So you believe the film tricks? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Kaduna1stson: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
I think you the south think you have sense? grin
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by chatinent: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
Guerrilla warfare.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
I think you the south think you have sense? grin

This Igbo man, hapum aka o grin
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
chatinent:
Guerrilla warfare.

I watched a clip of how they attacked a police checkpoint in the past. They just casually came down from their vehicles and started chasing the police men and started firing at them. The police all ran and some were killed.

I didnt see any tactical defense the police put up. They just dropped their weapons and ran. This is not good.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by SlayerForever: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
Smh see question.
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
SlayerForever:
Smh see question.

Why do we have police men, pay them monthly to protect Nigerians if they cannot protect themselves and their equipments??
The IGP needs to do a total overhaul of the police training processes
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Kaduna1stson: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:

Why do we have police men, pay them monthly to protect Nigerians if they cannot protect themselves and their equipments??

We have policemen to serve our interests in the north, if you think they are protecting your people, you are a comedian.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by SlayerForever: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:

History is replete with ragtag non soldiers decimating large well trained armies.
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

We have policemen to serve our interests in the north, if you think they are protecting your people, you are a comedian.

Lol
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by AdaugoChisom(f): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Because the enemy is faceless
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
AdaugoChisom:

Ada, do they need to know the enemy before being able to defend themselves??
Say it the way it is, our police are just incompetent
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by loveth360(f): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Because all their minds are on how to collect 50 naira.

In east ooo,I don't know about north and west.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
loveth360:
Because all their minds are on how to collect 50 naira.

In east ooo,I don't know about north and west.

I guess U re very correct. I am from the east, but I travel alot all over Nigeria.

Travelling from Jos through bauchi potiskum and Damaturu yobe state (A road as long as travelling from awka to abuja or even more), you will never see a single police checkpoint on the road. Even when you do, they act like pussies. The only thing you see them doing is to be greeting you like you killed a lion.

The funny thing is that those areas are where they re supposed to be very active due to the insurgency

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
AdaugoChisom:
Op, it is not so, most of these guys in state command are useless, I am a police myself, if you call them for training they would not come, they first look at the money involved, foreign partners are the one train police, I don't even like to see those guys in the state, the only thing they do is to block road extort people for DPO.. I have training tomorrow at ***x***, this training are organized by Foreign partner ,despite SIGNAL to state commands these people would not come. I don't blame government on this. I have watched a video of a raped case before, from the background , I heard police police officer saying ' e no sweet you' , you can see this man was not taught how to receive a RAPE VICTIM, don't blame IGP, those guys are rubish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by AcademicWriter: 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
Lol
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Enugupikin: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:
After what happened at Ukaegbu junction in Awada Obosi and after seeing the gory pics online, I was wondering...

Why does rag tag and untrained gunmen find it sooooo easy killing professional security officers?? Police men that have all the trainings necessary and even how to handle weapons. I have never read where these guys re repelled when attacking a police formation.

Is it that trainers of our security men do not know their jobs?? Are they incompetent?? If they cannot protect themselves, guns and properties, how do we expect them to protect the armless civilians and populace?? Soo many questions that beget answers.

Our IGP should answer these questions and overhaul the training architecture of the police force. Every time dick and Harry can now carry out hits on the police with Soo much ease. This is not good.
You lack sense , same reason an unsuspecting chidimma stabbed and killed fitness dubbed Ataga. 8f you don't understand i won't help your dull brain
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Enugupikin:

You lack sense , same reason an unsuspecting chidimma stabbed and killed fitness dubbed Ataga. 8f you don't understand i won't help your dull brain

Common shut up there. UGM are no longer taking them unawares; it has been happening for long now. Police won't tell you they don't know the precarious security situation and the attacks on them. It's serious incompetence.
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by FreedomArmy: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Op, it is not so, most of these guys in state command are useless, I am a police myself, if you call them for training they would not come, they first look at the money involved, foreign partners are the one train police, I don't even like to see those guys in the state, the only thing they do is to block road esort people for DPO.. I have training tomorrow at Makurdi, this training are organized by Foreign partner ,despite SIGNAL to state commands these people would not come. I don't blame government on this. I have watched a video of a raped case before, from the background , I heard police police officer saying ' e no sweet you' , you can see this man was not taught how to receive a RAPE VICTIM, don't blame IGP, those guys are rubish.
you are a police officer? If you really you are please try and relay the true feelings of Nigerians towards the police to your colleagues. Nigerians especially from the south hate policemen with passion and the police caused it by their continuous extortion of civilians. Do you know that very few people in the south feel sorry when they hear about the death of a police officer. You people really need to look hard on yourself in the mirror and begin to tell yourself the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
FreedomArmy:
you are police officer? If you really you are please try and relay the true feeling of Nigerians towards the police to your colleagues. Nigerians especially from the south hate policemen with passion and the police caused it by their continuous extortion of civilians. Do you know that very few people in the south feel sorry when they hear about the death of police officer. You people really need to look hard on yourself in the mirror and begin to tell yourself the truth.

God bless you brother.
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Charmingrascal(m): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:

Because they are never at alert
You will see Police Officers manning checkpoint and standing casually even gisting, when they are fully aware that they are endangered specie in that region.

If they are always alert and stand strategically there is no way ragtag bandits and hoodlums will be using them as target practice.
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by SporaD8: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Because they are never at alert
You will see Police Officers manning checkpoint and standing casually even gisting, when they are fully aware that they are endangered specie in that region.

If they are always alert and stand strategically there is no way ragtag bandits and hoodlums will be using them as target practice.
Simply put, they leave substance (security consciousness which is their primary assignment) to chase shadow (bribery and extortion)

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by BKayy: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mr OP let me help you with answers.
It is because they are facing a guerilla army. No amount of military training can stand it.

Take a look at American soldiers that were trained with billions of dollars.
Look at how they left Vietnam in shame.
They couldn't even take off from the ground

In warfare what matters most is commitment and Nigerian forces lack it, that's why they fall easily to any committed group.
Nigerian forces have absolutely Nothing that they are fighting for. They don't even know why they are wearing the uniform.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Olofin2(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:

God bless you brother.

Let me tell you something. Don't mind if you are an atheist.

There is something we call spiritual fortifications. I know what can be prepared for you to eat that if you go to Afghanistan and abuse their president, you will come back alive. I'm not advertising anything to you, but understand that some of these gunmen rely on this thing provided that who prepared the protection for them is a master of his craft.

Oya, call me backward Blackman.
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
Olofin2:

Let me tell you something. Don't mind if you are an atheist.

There is something we call spiritual fortifications. I know what can be prepared for you to eat that if you go to Afghanistan and abuse their president, you will come back alive. I'm not advertising anything to you, but understand that some of these gunmen rely on this thing provided that who prepared the protection for them is a master of his craft.

Oya, call me backward Blackman.

I know what you wrote exist, even policemen use that. It's not hear say for me. Most police men use the services of strong native doctors to fortify themselves
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by davillian(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
The suprise attack
Is what makes it easy.....
They are already loaded and ready....
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by BafanaBafana: 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

This ipob Jew again
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
davillian:
The suprise attack
Is what makes it easy.....
They are already loaded and ready....

Are the police also not loaded and trained For such surprise attacks?
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by davillian(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:

Are the police also not loaded and trained For such surprise attacks?
They are trained but they always put thier gun on safety to avoid accidental discharge
They only remove safety when they suspect anything.....
Secondly the police are too relaxed
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by Xhuntra: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
davillian:

They are trained but they always put thier gun on safety to avoid accidental discharge
They only remove safety when they suspect anything.....
Secondly the police are too relaxed

Does it take years to remove guns from safety?? Pls don't give excuse for the police. The re plainly incompetent.

I have seen several videos of them being chased by these UGM and killed. Some of them drop their weapons and run while some are just killed like animals.. my point is this, if they put in the effort and energy they use in extortion, they won't be dying like this.

The same police men will be forming Bauer when sent to chase away protesters..
Re: Why Is It Soo Easy For UGM To Kill Police?? by davillian(m): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:

Does it take years to remove guns from safety?? Pls don't give excuse for the police. The re plainly incompetent.

I have seen several videos of them being chased by these UGM and killed. Some of them drop their weapons and run while some are just killed like animals.. my point is this, if they put in the effort and energy they use in extortion, they won't be dying like this.

The same police men will be forming Bauer when sent to chase away protesters..
I'm not giving excuses
That split seconds Yiu are dead...
Some even enter panic mode once 6 people shoot at them at same time

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: MC OLUOMO REPORTEDLY ATTACKS NURTW LAGOS SECRETARIAT In AGEGE. / 2023 Presidential Election Result Prediction For South West / Who Killed FUNSHO WILLIAMS!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.