Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Diary Of A Pig Farmer - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Diary Of A Pig Farmer (11197 Views)

This High-rise Tower In China Isn't A Housing Block, It's A Pig Farm / I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Are You A Smart Pig Farmer? Know These Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 11:29pm On Sep 27, 2022
omoluabi87:

Ok, thanks once again.
Do you have any idea where I can get it and how much it costs?

Well, its quite on the high side, engineering constructing company will do justice to it if you show them the sample. The most common and affordable is the belt strapped scale, its just the lifting of the pig that is worrisome.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
Emmacy001:

Sir, another question is how lucrative is this business

Its highly lucrative my brother, considering pigs gives birth to quite a good number of piglets, some farmers manage their pigs such that they give birth thrice a year, interesting right?

And pigs hardly fall sick, just deworm them often and give them vitamin, they have a way of rewarding their owners trust me!

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by omoluabi87: 5:42am On Sep 28, 2022
wizzie001:

Well, its quite on the high side, engineering constructing company will do justice to it if you show them the sample. The most common and affordable is the belt strapped scale, its just the lifting of the pig that is worrisome.

Lifting the pig is not a problem per se: it's the buyer that takes care of that.
The issue is everytime you stress the pig you get a loss in weight sometimes as much as 10kg per pig which means loss of income.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by amyzon: 10:40am On Sep 28, 2022
Please guys, what is the current price of pkc and wheat offal
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by omoluabi87: 11:13am On Sep 28, 2022
amyzon:
Please guys, what is the current price of pkc and wheat offal

In ibadan, PKC is N100k/ ton while wheat Offal is N130k. Price might vary depending on your source.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by Vallyview: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Am a pig small scale farmer here in uyo,i must say,pig farming is not a get rich quick busines as it takes a year or more to start enjoying.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by Emmacy001: 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2022
wizzie001:

Its highly lucrative my brother, considering pigs gives birth to quite a good number of piglets, some farmers manage their pigs such that they give birth thrice a year, interesting right?

And pigs hardly fall sick, just deworm them often and give them vitamin, they have a way of rewarding their owners trust me!

Thank you so much sir
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by amyzon: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2022
Thanks alot
omoluabi87:

In ibadan, PKC is N100k/ ton while wheat Offal is N130k. Price might vary depending on your source.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by Emmacy001: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
wizzie001:

Thanks so much for detailed explanation. I appreciate.
What about the market value? It sells right
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Picture of a bamboo pig pen.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
Emmacy001:

Thanks so much for detailed explanation. I appreciate.
What about the market value? It sells right

You have a ready market, you see people going around asking to buy pigs for slaughter from time to time, same with the ones that are looking to buy piglets.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
omoluabi87:

Lifting the pig is not a problem per se: it's the buyer that takes care of that.
The issue is everytime you stress the pig you get a loss in weight sometimes as much as 10kg per pig which means loss of income.

You are so very correct, we had an emergency construction to do in one of the growers pen, so we had to evacuate them and took them to other grower's room, as a result of the bully & stress encountered, you needed to see them the following day, they have lost so much weight.

Bottom line, stress impedes pig's growth.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by stanvesco(m): 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
wizzie001:
A drum of milk we use in mixing their feeds, after taking the milk, you will see some of the pigs napping while eating, it induces sleep and it helps them grow faster and fresher!

How do you get this milk?
How do you preserve it from maggot infestation and getting spoilt?

Can I get a contact or direction on how to get it please?
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 7:19am On Oct 06, 2022
stanvesco:

How do you get this milk?
How do you preserve it from maggot infestation and getting spoilt?

Can I get a contact or direction on how to get it please?

If you have any fan milk industry around you, then its easier...it goes for a price before, but as at today its free. Just approach one and tell them you need milk waste.

Ofcourse flies always want to perch and all, just keep it covered.

The milk waste ferment after it stays very long, that still doesnt stop it from serving its nutritional value.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by omoluabi87: 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
wizzie001:

If you have any fan milk industry around you, then its easier...it goes for a price before, but as at today its free. Just approach one and tell them you need milk waste.

The milk waste ferment after it stays very long, that still doesnt stop it from serving its nutritional value.

Do they work on public holidays?
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by leo2nice: 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
Wheat offal available in large quantity for pick up at at #120,000 / ton.
Call or WhatsApp me on 07031385357.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by ajiboyeshola(m): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pls may I have your number, I will like to speak with you privately about this.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
omoluabi87:

Do they work on public holidays?

Thats very unlikely...
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
ajiboyeshola:
Pls may I have your number, I will like to speak with you privately about this.

Pick up my mail on my profile, cant place my number here.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by FarmTech(m): 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
wizzie001:
Picture of a bamboo pig pen.
Can this pen last long?
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by FarmTech(m): 11:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
wizzie001:

I pray to find this Kind company in my area oo. I will use the milk waste to grow lactobacillus probiotics.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by HolyMan12: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
Orwasen:
Two cows for sale at 400k call or whatapp 07069670428
You wan sell that thing each for 200k grin

You well so grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by Peledonomy: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
Vallyview:
Am a pig small scale farmer here in uyo,i must say,pig farming is not a get rich quick busines as it takes a year or more to start enjoying.

Hello boss. I fit learn from u?
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by ChineduObinna(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
Where in Ibadan can I get it, I would love to try it out for my pigs.

I also have a pure Camborough farrowing this month, I'll appreciate your help in being able to sell weaners.
wizzie001:

No, thats fan milk waste, very good for pigs.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Where in Ibadan can I get it, I would love to try it out for my pigs.

I also have a pure Camborough farrowing this month, I'll appreciate your help in being able to sell weaners.

Fan milk company is at Eleyele in Ibadan, just opposite police headquarter.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by ChineduObinna(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
wizzie001:

Fan milk company is at Eleyele in Ibadan, just opposite police headquarter.

Thank you very much, will check them out
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by ChineduObinna(m): 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
wizzie001:

Please feel free to ask questions, its actually a great business.

Boss please I have 3 questions:

1. On average, how much per Kg is the feed you prepare for them daily

2. How long do you feed them for (till 4months/5/6)

3. Is there a market for their skin, back fat, feet that one can explore?
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 7:20am On Jan 17, 2023
ChineduObinna:

Boss please I have 3 questions:

1. On average, how much per Kg is the feed you prepare for them daily

2. How long do you feed them for (till 4months/5/6)

3. Is there a market for their skin, back fat, feet that one can explore?

We feed the pigs atleast 50kg of pkc & pig concentrate daily, thats because we have over 100 pigs at the moment.

I feed them for different purposes, for fattening and for reproduction.
For fattening, we feed the pigs well for say a year and few months, by then, they would have attained atleast 90kg of body weight, then we sell 'em off.

For reproduction, we are mostly careful on how to ration their food in order to avoid fat. Fat hinders pigs from reproducing good numbers of litters.

And as for the market, there are always standby buyers, they weigh the pigs, and then buy in whole. We dont know what they do with the body parts thereafter.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by Jamestown123: 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
wizzie001:

We feed the pigs atleast 50kg of pkc & pig concentrate daily, thats because we have over 100 pigs at the moment.

I feed them for different purposes, for fattening and for reproduction.
For fattening, we feed the pigs well for say a year and few months, by then, they would have attained atleast 90kg of body weight, then we sell 'em off.

For reproduction, we are mostly careful on how to ration their food in order to avoid fat. Fat hinders pigs from reproducing good numbers of litters.

And as for the market, there are always standby buyers, they weigh the pigs, and then buy in whole. We dont know what they do with the body parts thereafter.
Sir, please can I be feeding my pig with just pkc alone? I just paid money for just one pig, and want to see how it goes sir.
Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by wizzie001(m): 5:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Jamestown123:
Sir, please can I be feeding my pig with just pkc alone? I just paid money for just one pig, and want to see how it goes sir.

Pkc alone is good, but it will impede their growth maximally. Pkc serves as source of protein only, pigs too need balanced diet.

You can get barley as source of energy, or you mix your pkc with a bag of starter from time to time, this will make their growth so rapid.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Pig Farmer by 1000COMPUTERZ(m): 10:17am On Jan 18, 2023
wizzie001:

Pkc alone is good, but it will impede their growth maximally. Pkc serves as source of protein only, pigs too need balanced diet.

You can get barley as source of energy, or you mix your pkc with a bag of starter from time to time, this will make their growth so rapid.

Pls check your mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free 1 Month Agribusiness Training For Youths & Young Graduates / The First Made In Nigeria Tractor For Small-scale Farmers / FG Releases 11 New Crop Varieties To Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.