Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders As A Young Person - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders As A Young Person (209 Views)

The Words Of Elders Are The Words Of Wisdom / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / Togo Shuts Down Internet Access In The Midst Of Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders As A Young Person by CelestineNelson: 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
In Yoruba land, recently I discovered that, when a young man, is talking and decided to use a parable to convey or express his message, he will first of all apologies to the elders, before using it.

However, I am not a Yoruba person but I use an adage sometimes to express my self. Hope I am not being insultive? And why is it considered an insult in the first place. I thought using figure of speech, adage, parables, and other related communication expression aids should be seen as a function and display of oratory intelligence. Besides JESUS use it, alot even infront of elders of the Jews and even Literature supports that.

Elders in the Land, over to you Please!

Moderators let this debate hit the front page please.
Re: Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders As A Young Person by Magnoliaa(f): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
I never hear this one before o.

(1) (Reply)

Veegil Word Of The Day / Dezital, Top Digital Marekting Company In Lahore | Social Media Marketing / Where To Buy XRP | Buy Ripple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.