Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Please Recommend The Best Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend The Best Car (4788 Views)

Show Your Auto Diagnostic Scanning Tool/Machine And Also Recommend The Best Here / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
My friend wants to get a car, I coached him into freelancing, and he feels like buying a car. I don't even know much about cars, neither does he, so I suggested that I could bring it up here. Considering how things are, in Nigeria. So the problem is, he doesn't want a car where he will spend too much on repairs and fuel. He also has a budget of 2.5m max.this will be his first car, he is still young, early 20's. So he doesn't want to spend all his saving buying a car of course. Please recommend for him here. As a young guy, he needs something classy, but not something that will make police to always stop him all the time. You can also suggest a car that above 2.5million.
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hi
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Timagex(m): 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
What are the kind of cars that interests him? Is it saloon or hatchback or SUV? What kind of road does he ply daily? Does he want a tokunbo or he doesn't mind a Nigerian used?

With the 2.5m, in my opinion, he should be looking at a Lexus es300 or a Toyota Corolla/Camry. The question remains, what kind of cars does he like?

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2021
Timagex:
What are the kind of cars that interests him? Is it saloon or hatchback or SUV? What kind of road does he ply daily? Does he want a tokunbo or he doesn't mind a Nigerian used?

With the 2.5m, in my opinion, he should be looking at a Lexus es300 or a Toyota Corolla/Camry. The question remains, what kind of cars does he like?
hello, is e300 not too popular and has low facilities. Just normal tied roads. He like sedan or also a ford edge, but I don't know if ford edge is good
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Timagex(m): 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2021
TheOldGods:
hello, is e300 not too popular and has low facilities. Just normal tied roads. He like sedan or also a ford edge, but I don't know if ford edge is good

Es300 is a good sedan car. The Lexus is a good brand. But, personally, I don't like the ford edge. A boss of mine said it's problematic.

Advice your friend to get a Toyota or a Lexus.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Chidimercy: 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Lexus ES330 06 model, if he should budget between 3.2M - 3.5M. It should get one
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
Chidimercy:
Lexus ES330 06 model, if he should budget between 3.2M - 3.5M. It should get one
that too much for a 2006 car. Can't we get it less
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Chidimercy: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
He should check the prices. I just speculated the price based on the rate of dollar for a tokubor
TheOldGods:
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by diportivo: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2021
TheOldGods:

welcome from ghana bro

dollar in naija is a different ball game
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Omeiza100: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2021
With his budget of 2.5m
He’s lucky to get a Camry 07 /09L LE for 2.5m.barring the current exchange rates ooo cus it’s crazy now
Corolla 03/07 is also within the price
Honda 03-07 within the price
Before now
You could use the money fr better cars Buh Nigeria’s economy has negated that

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Omeiza100:
With his budget of 2.5m
He’s lucky to get a Camry 07 /09L LE for 2.5m.barring the current exchange rates ooo cus it’s crazy now
Corolla 03/07 is also within the price
Honda 03-07 within the price
Before now
You could use the money fr better cars Buh Nigeria’s economy has negated that
what about lexus?
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Omeiza100: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Lexus for 2.5m
Well
ES 330 Buh it’s around peri 3m
Cus things have gotten so high cus f exchange duties.
Generally cars have jus gotten high Mehn
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
Accord 2010,more classy and it's not a Yahoo boy trademark,a much better car than camry muscle and es300
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Accord 2010,more classy and it's not a Yahoo boy trademark,a much better car than camry muscle and es300
let me check
does it have modern facilities, like android screen, reverse camera etc?
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omeiza100:
Lexus for 2.5m
Well
ES 330 Buh it’s around peri 3m
Cus things have gotten so high cus f exchange duties.
Generally cars have jus gotten high Mehn
I know. But I think that Lexus to now over saturated in Nigeria, and yahoo boys are all driving it. He wants something modern but simple first car
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
let me check
does it have modern facilities, like android screen, reverse camera etc?
yes it does,if you no want make Efcc dey disturb you,just leave lexus.na purewater now,if I see lexus now e dey be like I wan vomit.lol.just get the accord and love-vendor it well.i will be getting one soon
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OfficialDJ: 6:56am On Sep 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
I know. But I think that Lexus to now over saturated in Nigeria, and yahoo boys are all driving it. He wants something modern but simple first car
he wants something modern for 2.5 million

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
he wants something modern for 2.5 million
yes boss it is not like new cars are what most Nigerian drive. Most of then are accident case etc
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
yes it does,if you no want make Efcc dey disturb you,just leave lexus.na purewater now,if I see lexus now e dey be like I wan vomit.lol.just get the accord and love-vendor it well.i will be getting one soon
so what about going to lagos or tincan and apapa to buy these cars? Will there be limitation or price to pay except for the car and minor document
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OfficialDJ: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
yes boss it is not like new cars are what most Nigerian drive. Most of then are accident case etc
he should cut his coat according to his..... You know the popular adage...
You can't get a modern car for 2.5 million, except a lemon.
With his price range, he should be looking at a Nigerian used camry muscle. Due diligence though

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
he should cut his coat according to his..... You know the popular adage...
You can't get a modern car for 2.5 million, except a lemon.
With his price range, he should be looking at a Nigerian used camry muscle. Due diligence though
is it that your read but can't understand or what?. I've said here so many times.
He doesn't want something very popular, and a car used mostly by yahoo people. He also mentioned that you can suggest a car more than his budget if it will get the police of him

Besides checking jiji, and cars.com, there are lot of foreign cars 2011 selling for that price

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OfficialDJ: 9:08am On Sep 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
is it that your read but can't understand or what?. I've said here so many times.
He doesn't want something very popular, and a car used mostly by yahoo people. He also mentioned that you can suggest a car more than his budget if it will get the police of him

Besides checking jiji, and cars.com, there are lot of foreign cars 2011 selling for that price

and is your iQ obviously low to comprehend simple english? Tu comprehendè?

He doesn't want something very popular but wants a modern car? How's that even possible?

As far as he's young, and drives a car, he can never escape the police.
There's no car above the police magnet, and that's the sad reality of Nigeria today..

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by TheOldGods: 9:20am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
and is your iQ obviously low to comprehend simple english? Tu comprehendè?

He doesn't want something very popular but wants a modern car? How's that even possible?

As far as he's young, and drives a car, he can never escape the police.
There's no car above the police magnet, and that's the sad reality of Nigeria today..
BUDGET IS NOW 5mill
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OfficialDJ: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
BUDGET IS NOW 5mill
what's your definition of a modern car?
5 million won't get you any modern car.
A modern car starts from 2015 upwards.
I own two cls500, 2009, and 2015(14.3 million), and I'm 4*...
I still get stopped by the men in black frequently too, so him saying he doesn't want to be accosted by the police is impossible...
Even not regularly, but it's inevitable.

For 5 million, he can get a 2013 Honda accord.
Sleek ride with good interior build, and great value for your money. Good balance on the road, and acceleration is top notch.

Again, 5 million and a modern car do not go hand in hand grin

Shalom

6 Likes

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OldGods: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
what's your definition of a modern car?
5 million won't get you any modern car.
A modern car starts from 2015 upwards.
I own two cls500, 2009, and 2015(14.3 million), and I'm 4*...
I still get stopped by the men in black frequently too, so him saying he doesn't want to be accosted by the police is impossible...
Even not regularly, but it's inevitable.

For 5 million, he can get a 2013 Honda accord.
Sleek ride with good interior build, and great value for your money. Good balance on the road, and acceleration is top notch.

Again, 5 million and a modern car do not go hand in hand grin

Shalom
I am sorry but you are very wrong. You need to update yourself

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OfficialDJ: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2021
OldGods:
I am sorry but you are very wrong. You need to update yourself
dude, my last reply to you.

Go ship a non accidented full option 2013 for less than 4 million naira at the current exchange rate, shipping, customs, etc

You're a joker obviously.
If you knew these things, then you really shouldn't be opening a thread.

4 Likes

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OldGods: 9:49am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
dude, my last reply to you.

Go ship a non accidented full option 2013 for less than 4 million naira at the current exchange rate, shipping, customs, etc

You're a joker obviously.
If you knew these things, then you really shouldn't be opening a thread.
I don't need your quote. U have 2 Cl500, Only you have 2009, you have a car of 14.9 million, your 4+ and you're here early morning talking about cars, and calling me dude. There is no maturity in your writeups, Who asked you about your age and the cars you drive? Just to make mouth. People who have money don't talk. and yes, we are getting a 2015 model. I guess you drive 2013 and you want my friend to get the same. lol faceless forum of anybody can be anything.

3 Likes

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OfficialDJ: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2021
OldGods:
I don't need your quote. U have 2 Cl500, Only you have 2009, you have a car of 14.9 million, your 4+ and you're here early morning talking about cars, and calling me dude. There is no maturity in your writeups. and yes, we are getting a 2015 model. I guess you drive 2013 and you want my friend to get the same. lol faceless forum of anybody can be anything.
go through my posts.
All my claims are documented.
With proofs of course.
I'm not a poser like you.

Gtfoh wink

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OldGods: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
go through my posts.
All my claims are documented.
With proofs of course.
I'm not a poser like you.

Gtfoh wink
You think buying cars for people and posting it online with your portfolio means it is yours? Young man we are far above this nonsesne
Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OfficialDJ: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2021
OldGods:
You think buying cars for people and posting it online with your portfolio means it is yours? Young man we are far above this nonsesne
a møronic post..
There are obviously levels to these things.

Like i told you făggot, go through my posts carefully again, and get knocked out.

You're a small rat, and very inconsequential in the scheme of things.

You earn in dollars?
Omg, I'm scared.
I've attached a screenshot of 2 years earnings minus investment.
Go knock yourself out in the head again, and stop posing..
Not everyone are pathetic posers like you....
J
O
K
E
R

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OldGods: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
a møronic post..

Like i told you făggot, go through my posts carefully again, and get knocked out.

You earn in dollars?
Omg, I'm scared.
J
O
K
E
R

grin grin grin grin

Empty drums, went to take a blurry screenshot in 2021. So blurry that the screenshot is too small. Abi you don't use a modern phone cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Screenshot you took just now is very blurry grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend The Best Car by OldGods: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2021
OfficialDJ:
a møronic post..

You earn in dollars?
Omg, I'm scared.
J
O
K
E
R
The so-called Cls500 2009 is even sold below 5million. Lol. I don't need a blurry screenshot sir, just tell me your niche, and I can easily check if anyone form nigeria has made 300k from that niche grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr Olodo In A New Buggati pics / Worst Car You've Driven, Or Been Driven In? / Why Is My Car Headlamp Fuse Keeps Burning & Melting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.