Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,847 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement (12600 Views)

Northern Elders, Groups Reject Southern Governors’ Position On Power Shift / 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere / PDP’s Victory In Zamfara May Alter Calculations Ahead NASS Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by lasheun: 8:38am On Sep 20, 2021
richmond500:
PDP is not made for the south alone

Let them zone to the north since the north had only 2years under PDP so APC can field Osinbajo

Anyway.
It's unfortunate that you and i actually have no power to decide that but them.
So the only power we have is not vote or not
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by SmartMen: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2021
Tissaia:
PDP zoning it to the North, is smart move against APC. So what will APC do, manipulate PDP to zone it to the south so that their candidate from the south will win easily grin
It does not matter at this stage... as long as it is a Southerner. FORK YOU!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Norwichsailor(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2021
Tissaia:
Wishful thinking. Get the votes first. Majority of the voters are in the North so you can just say southern interest and win election. Btw, do you think the corrupt politicians care about your sentiments
When you say north you talk as if its one big block.
Will a benue or Taraba or plateu man vote a fulani man who's brethren has been killing them over and over in the name of North over a Southerner?
If the south delivers block votes and steals a few states from the middle belt then kano, kebbi,katsina and other core northern states can hug transformer. Go and check 2011 voting pattern. When you were killing middle beltans anyhow you thought you were doing who? Clown

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Okwyjesus(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2021
athaboi:
Can we in all honesty elect someone from the south east in 2023? I think it will do Nigeria a lot of good....let's try it and see! My thoughts though

Thats the honest thing to do. But then Nigeria naturally like trouble.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by yetunsbay(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2021
athaboi:
Can we in all honesty elect someone from the south east in 2023? I think it will do Nigeria a lot of good....let's try it and see! My thoughts though
Truthfully SE electorates doesn't sabi play national politics.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Mathew4257: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Is Wike really in support of a Southern president in 2023 or he is just deceiving his fellow governors?

Akeredolu said "Tinubu Is The Capone Of South-West & South-South" -

I LOVE THIS COMMENT SOMEONE DROP THIS COMMENT:. Lol, you guys are coming out gradually. This was the hidden agenda behind the southern governor's forum. Now I understand the reason South east governor's backed out. Let's wait and see. SW went and form Southerners Governor's to use South south and south East to again power . After u batrey our bother Johnathan . Ona think say SS and SE is mumu

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by garfield1: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Will a benue or Taraba or plateu man vote a fulani man who's brethren has been killing them over and over in the name of North over a Southerner?
If the south delivers block votes and steals a few states from the middle belt then kano, kebbi,katsina and other core northern states can hug transformer. Go and check 2011 voting pattern. When you were killing middle beltans anyhow you thought you were doing who? Clown

True.win the south esp ss and sw,win north central and get 25% in some core north states
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by VTJN(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2021
Naajjii:

the same way if there is any northerner who earns to be the flag bearer of political party then so be it, nothing like zoning
Do you know what the word "EARN" Means? Do you know what it takes to earned something? Are you directly telling me buhari earned it to be our president amongst hundred of thousands of intelligent, vibrant, with track record of politicians?

See our eye don open. The 8 years suffering of buhari don reset our brain. Nothing for una gaskia wink
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Naajjii: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2021
VTJN:
Do you know what the word "EARN" Means? Do you know what it takes to earned something? Are you directly telling me buhari earned it to be our president amongst hundred of thousands of intelligent, vibrant, with track record of politicians?

See our eye don open. The 8 years suffering of buhari don reset our brain. Nothing for una gaskia wink
Buhari doesnt earn it but he became your president, where were people when buhari became president? your eyes just opened in 2021 that shows how immature you people have been,since your eyes just opened in 2021. by the way who among you will be president igbo or yoruba? hove you people solved that yet grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by BigDolph(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2021
Jonathan decamping to apc?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by MNDY(m): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2021
athaboi:

Almost everyone wants this but the Igbo's are not working on it. An Igbo candidate may not get enough support from Yoruba's because they want it too.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by IBBG(m): 10:25am On Sep 20, 2021
Norwichsailor:

As long as its south its fine.
I'm a pdp man but anything north Godforbid, we should look to correct the nonsense buhari has done, in 2015 the North voted for their own in interest, even those in pdp were moles for apc. 2023 must be southern interest first before party lines.
. You've just said my mind. I'm pro PDP, but if PDP fields a northerner, and APC fields a Southerner in 2023, then i'm voting APC for presidency. Like you said sothern interest must come first before party, just like the north has proven to us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by VTJN(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2021
Naajjii:

Buhari doesnt earn it but he became your president, where were people when buhari became president? your eyes just opened in 2021 that shows how immature you people have been,since your eyes just opened in 2021. by the way who among you will be president igbo or yoruba? hove you people solved that yet grin
That is none of your business. Who would be the president amongst the southerners shouldn't be your concern. Go and face your northern presidency and let's see how it plays out.

We only know that southerns will emerge as the next president come 2023. The particular region in South to become the president is none of your business. Go and face your North.

We are much more wiser now. Enough of the suffering
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by VTJN(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2021
IBBG:
. You've just said my mind. I'm pro PDP, but if PDP fields a northerner, and APC fields a Southerner in 2023, then i'm voting APC for presidency. Like you said sothern interest must come first before party, just like the north has proven to us.
Naso o Southern presidency comes first irrespective of any party.

The agenda is that a southern president come 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Mathew4257: 11:00am On Sep 20, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Thats the honest thing to do. But then Nigeria naturally like trouble.

Imagine . Who notice what Akeredolu said " that Tinubu Is The Capone Of South-West & South-South" -
I LOVE THIS COMMENT SOMEONE DROPED YESTERDAY: Lol, SW LIKE AKEREDOLU IS coming out gradually. This was the hidden agenda behind the southern governor's FORUM. Now I understand the reason South east governor's backed out. Let's wait and see. SW went and form Southerners Governor's to use South south and south East to again power . After u batrey our bother Johnathan . Ona think say SS and SE is mumu

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Mathew4257: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2021
NSK4U:
Akeredolu must have spoken for himself and those who buy his idea this time around, not for all Southerners.
This is because if he's been making appeal for the presidency to come to the South, he should be clear on which geopolitical zone in the South......hence, if the two dominant Political parties do not zone the 2023 presidency to the South East, then Southerners stand on no moral, legal or Political pedestal to be making any demand for a southern president come 2023.

Imagine . Who notice what Akeredolu said " that Tinubu Is The Capone Of South-West & South-South" -
I LOVE THIS COMMENT SOMEONE DROPED YESTERDAY: Lol, SW LIKE AKEREDOLU IS coming out gradually. This was the hidden agenda behind the southern governor's FORUM. Now I understand the reason South east governor's backed out. Let's wait and see. SW went and form Southerners Governor's to use South south and south East to again power . After u batrey our bother Johnathan . Ona think say SS and SE is mumu

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Mathew4257: 11:04am On Sep 20, 2021
NSK4U:

Yes, if South East & South South betray the entire South using a northern candidate in PDP this time, heaven will not fall because South West betrayed Jonathan in 2015 just to collect the Trader money Vice president position. Moreso, South East will not be making any appeal for a southern president just to come and support South West candidate such as Tinubu when OBJ already had the region's turn in 1999.
So their gain is to foil the subtle plan by South West to have another presidential slot before the South East whose turn it is, thank you.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Norwichsailor(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2021
garfield1:

True.win the south esp ss and sw,win north central and get 25% in some core north states
Simple

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Naajjii: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2021
VTJN:
That is none of your business. Who would be the president amongst the southerners shouldn't be your concern. Go and face your northern presidency and let's see how it plays out.

We only know that southerns will emerge as the next president come 2023. The particular region in South to become the president is none of your business. Go and face your North.

We are much more wiser now. Enough of the suffering
cowards you people only talk nd cry of northner dominance no action, thats all you do.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by galaxy2020(m): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2021
They have a strong case
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Naajjii: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2021
Norwichsailor:

if apc and pdp give candidate from benue, plateau,taraba, kogi hope the south will support middle belt candidate? you will not see middlebelt as north in that sitution?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Norwichsailor(m): 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
Naajjii:

if apc and pdp give candidate from benue, plateau,taraba, kogi hope the south will support middle belt candidate? you will not see middlebelt as north in that sitution?
If they are credible yes ofcourse not the likes of bello.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by omoharry(f): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
athaboi:
SE will waste the ticket .they are not United & they will use thier disunity to cause voters aparthy among Thier followers .
They would rather take side with the various devide than vote under united front.
Just take a look at what happend when Peter Obi was picked by Atiku as his VP . It took the other region to beg the SE leaders to put aside grievances & internal competition among themselves and accept Peter Obi.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Jimasun: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
NSK4U:

Yes, if South East & South South betray the entire South using a northern candidate in PDP this time, heaven will not fall because South West betrayed Jonathan in 2015 just to collect the Trader money Vice president position. Moreso, South East will not be making any appeal for a southern president just to come and support South West candidate such as Tinubu when OBJ already had the region's turn in 1999.
So their gain is to foil the subtle plan by South West to have another presidential slot before the South East whose turn it is, thank you.
I guess you don't know the meaning of betrayal.
The South West don't owe Jonathan or any region of Nigeria their votes. You Igbos have entitled mentality. SW doesn't owe you any vote.
We voted Jonathan in his first term, he didn't treat us right and we voted for another party.
The people of SE has been voting for Fulani led party since 1960 ignoring candidates from the South. How come you didn't shout betrayal then?
Nigeria didn't start in 2015.
We are not Siamese twins. We can only agree on what is mutually beneficial. Anything that doesn't suit our interest we won't do and there is nothing you are going to do about it

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Jimasun: 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2021
Mathew4257:

We are not Brothers with Jonathan. We don't owe him shit. We voted him in 2011 and went against him in 2015. Igbos have been aligning with Northern dominated parties since 1960 and we didn't call you betrayers. So dead that nonsense narrative

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by omoharry(f): 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2021
NSK4U:
Akeredolu must have spoken for himself and those who buy his idea this time around, not for all Southerners.
This is because if he's been making appeal for the presidency to come to the South, he should be clear on which geopolitical zone in the South......hence, if the two dominant Political parties do not zone the 2023 presidency to the South East, then Southerners stand on no moral, legal or Political pedestal to be making any demand for a southern president come 2023.
SE the saboteurs of the south . Which of Ur SE leader is eligible ? No present Governor from the east is eligible to rule Nigeria, except for Peter Obi. The rest are cowards , betrayers and cold hearted idiot that do not deserve to rule Thier state not to talk of the whole of Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by omoharry(f): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
Naajjii:

I didn't know u guys are now southerners. My problem with you middle belt is this . Anytime power returns to the north your region will suddenly go mute . Is it that you guys are scared to challenge the Fulanis ? Why is it that it's only Fulanis that are given the slot to contest in the whole northern region when ever it's time for Northerners to produce a candidate for the presidential race ? . I am surprised you guys are now flexing Ur muscle now that the south is clamouring that power should return to the south . When u region become part of the south, then we will understand what u are talking about .
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Bankball: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2021
Nigeria deserve better
Nigeria needs selfless leader
Nigeria needs a young hand
Nigeria wants a new rule

Tinubu is a No for me.

Tinubu needs to focus on his health.

I would have preferred Obasanjo �but abeg him self rest.

Let's make money with our No.

Oya join now �www.naijabet. com

#presidentialelection #2023election #election

Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Ovamboland(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2021
Norwichsailor:

As long as its south its fine.
I'm a pdp man but anything north Godforbid, we should look to correct the nonsense buhari has done, in 2015 the North voted for their own in interest, even those in pdp were moles for apc. 2023 must be southern interest first before party lines.

PDP has no hope without a Northern candidate, Ibo politicians have submitted to IPOB and allowed them to alienate other regions at the prospect of an Ibo president.

And the PDP big wigs know the prospect of the party existing is slim if it's without Federal power for another 8 years. Ordinary southern PDP foot soldiers won't know this and will find it difficult pills to swallow.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Naajjii: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
omoharry:
I didn't know u guys are now southerners. My problem with you middle belt is this . Anytime power returns to the north your region will suddenly go mute . Is it that you guys are scared to challenge the Fulanis ? Why is it that it's only Fulanis that are given the slot to contest in the whole northern region when ever it's time for Northerners to produce a candidate for the presidential race ? . I am surprised you guys are now flexing Ur muscle now that the south is clamouring that power should return to the south . When u region become part of the south, then we will understand what u are talking about .
It is open for any region , how is it the turn of the south, where did you get that from? Are you going to force northeners to vote for a southerner?
We don't know anything like middle belt all we know is north west , north east and north central. Go and face your south south ,south west and south east and sort yourselves first before trying g to talk to north central people. Cowards, all you people know is to complain north this north that and shout but no action.you always talk about how educated you are yet the less educated north keeps dominating you all the time. I shake my head for you
Re: 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors’ Position May Alter PDP’s Zoning Arrangement by Norwichsailor(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
Ovamboland:

PDP has no hope without a Northern candidate, Ibo politicians have submitted to IPOB and allowed them to alienate other regions at the prospect of an Ibo president.

And the PDP big wigs know the prospect of the party existing is slim if it's without Federal power for another 8 years. Ordinary southern PDP foot soldiers won't know this and will find it difficult pills to swallow.
It's the stupidity of the south
The north voted according to Northern interest in 2015, but come 2023 southern leaders are playing party politics. Bunch of ingrates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Departs Abuja For New Delhi, To Attend G-20 Leaders' Summit / Rivers Rerun Violence: Why Wike Is Desperate To Stop Probe - IGP / Court Orders Arrest Of Emir Sanusi's Aides Over Kano Emirate Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.