Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? (1412 Views)

Angel Gomes At TB Joshua's Church For Healing (video) / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Debunking The Lies Of The Jehovah's Witnesses That Jesus Didn't Resurrect Bodily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by KRSWon: 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2021
Was Christ a rich man? Are these pastors and faith healers better than or superior to Christ?

Do they have special abilities that Christ didn't have?

Didn't Peter rebuke Simon Magus for wanting to pay for the Holy Spirit? Aren't the followers or "patients" and "clients" of these people doing the same thing?
Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Kaybenny(m): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2021
They are all thieves, rubbing in the name of Christ.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Commentor: 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2021
grin

Money can be made from it.
Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Vision101(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2021
No true pastor charges for healing. You guys like to say negative things about pastors. Anyway it has always been like this from the beginning.
Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Commentor: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
Vision101:
No true pastor charges for healing. You guys like to say negative things about pastors. Anyway it has always been like this from the beginning.

Which beginning?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Vision101(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
@Commentor

Which beginning?

@me
The beginning of Christianity. So many negative things were written and said concerning Jesus and the early Christians.
Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:01am On Sep 21, 2021
Kaybenny:
They are all thieves, rubbing in the name of Christ.
grin

grin They are juju men profiteering from the use of Witchcraft. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Commentor:
grin
Money can be made from it.

grin Therefore trying to make their god! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2021
Jesus and the apostles were true, while any so-called pastor who charges for healing is false/a wolf in sheep clothing and not of God.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by KRSWon: 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Vision101:
@Commentor

Which beginning?

@me
The beginning of Christianity. So many negative things were written and said concerning Jesus and the early Christians.

"The beginning"?

These pastors and healers have gotten rich off of the preaching and healing Jesus provided for free, while their parishioners remain in poverty.

Was that something the prophets and early Apostles did? Were the early Apostles accused of doing such?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
If you should receive breakthrough through your pastors prayers, you should go back to show gratitude. I guess people do not show gratitude, that's why some pastors demand for money before prayers, WHICH IS WRONG. Ever since I read of two little daughters of a pastor who starved for days, my heart was broken. Some pastors are starving yet smiling, especially the genuine pastors. These people have needs. Bible says "that a labourer deserves his wages"/ "a man's gift maketh way for him". My opinion anyway.
Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Vision101(m): 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
@KRSWon

"The beginning"?

These pastors and healers have gotten rich off of the preaching and healing Jesus provided for free, while their parishioners remain in poverty.

Was that something the prophets and early Apostles did? Were the early Apostles accused of doing such?[/quote]

@me
The early apostles were well taken care of by the early Christians. Paul even said that there was nothing wrong in that. Read the book of Acts and other Pauline epistles. What is wrong is when it becomes the central focus and when it becomes manipulative.
Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by Standing5(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
OP should be specific about these charging pastors because many times the aggression is reserved for mega pastors who don't practice the issue raised here.
Re: If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? by judedwriter(m): 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
The healing anointing is free.....

So why merchandise it?

(1) (Reply)

How I Met Lucifer, The Angel Of Light / SA Pastor Suffocate Nigerian Lady To Death After He Placed Speaker, Sat On Her / Theory Of Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.