Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) (3416 Views)

Attended My First Block Carnival Party In Brasilia,brazil,i Enjoyed It,pics-18+ / What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) / Diamond Rolls-Royce Stole The Show During Eid al-Fitr Celebrations In Manchester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 21, 2021
I was at the Brazilian independence day celebrations in Brasilia the capital of Brazil and a lot of Brazilians are very passionate and proud of their country and the crowd was massive and the celebrations was also turned into a pro president Bolsonaro protest as well and I don't want to go into Brazilian politics, enjoy the pictures and videos and below is some history about the Brazilian independence I copied from Wikipedia

The Independence Day of Brazil commonly called Sete de Setembro (Seventh of September is a national holiday observed in Brazil on 7 September of every year. The date celebrates Brazil's Declaration of Independence from the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, and the Algarves on 7 September 1822.

In 1808, French troops commanded by Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte invaded Portugal as a retaliation for the Iberian country's refusal to participate in the trade embargo against the United Kingdom. Fleeing persecution, the Portuguese monarchs transferred the Portuguese Court from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro, then capital of Colonial Brazil. In 1815, Prince Regent John VI created the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, and the Algarves, elevating Brazil to the rank of kingdom and increasing its administrative independence. Brazil, Portugal, and Great Britain were the three major contributors to the Independence of Brazil all three motivated by the circumstances peculiar to each.[1] Brazil's Independence was ultimately won through diplomacy after three years of war against Portugal

A political revolution erupted in Portugal in 1820, forcing the royal family to return. John VI's heir, Pedro, Prince of Brazil, remained in Brazil. In 1821, the Portuguese Assembly demanded Brazil to return to its former condition of colony and the return of the heir prince to Portugal. Pedro, influenced by the Rio de Janeiro Senate (Senado da Câmara) refused to return on 9 January 1822, a date which became known as Dia do Fico (I'll Stay Day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5bGbuDiiMI

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/09/i-was-at-brazilian-independence-day.html?m=1

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 21, 2021

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 21, 2021
This is right in front of the national congress of Brazil- like our Senate and reps

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:31am On Sep 21, 2021
Brasilia, the only state in Brazil that looks like the country is empty of people...and then you step in Rio or Sao Paulo and think this is the most crowded cities in the world
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
Brasilia, the only state in Brazil that looks like the country is empty of people...and then you step in Rio or Sao Paulo and think this is the most crowded cities in the world

Brasilia is just too big
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:41am On Sep 21, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Brasilia is just too big

its amazing how they tried to make this the new capital... with big roads etc and there is nobody there.

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 21, 2021
People are protesting against supreme federal court (STF).it is the highest court of law for constitutional issues, anything they say is final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw19I61YSvM

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

its amazing how they tried to make this the new capital... with big roads etc and there is nobody there.

People are more in the satellite cities, but still big
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 21, 2021
You can see police men guarding the national Congress of Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoxrZpBTJAc

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 21, 2021
We are currently in a very hot/dry summer,0 rain,few months ago it was winter, rain would start from next month,and you then get a nice combination of a hot and a cold weather,heavy rain,God blessed Brazil

In the pictures we have some land mark buildings-

You would see esplanada dos ministerios-This is where you have all the federal ministries opposite each other,brasilia was developed by Lucio Costa,Oscar niemeyer, Joaquim cardozo,landscape architecture was Roberto Burle marx, they did a good job

You would also see the cathedral of Brasilia. A major landmark building in Brasilia,remember Brazil is a Christian country

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 1:34am On Sep 21, 2021
More

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Ever8090: 1:37am On Sep 21, 2021
The way wey people dey take see money dey take travel overseas like say them dey go neighborhood market while me to chop sef na wahala despite unrelenting hustling dey tire me....

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:34am On Sep 21, 2021
Brazilian girls are damn hot

3 Likes

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by benuejosh: 7:17am On Sep 21, 2021
Did you arrive the venue after the celebration? I am not understanding the pictures. The environment looks littered and unkempt, which points to the fact that you came to the venue after the Owambe ati faji.

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Ola17: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

People are more in the satellite cities, but still big

Why were the banners inscribed in English?
Thought Portuguese is their official language over there.
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by lereinter(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2021
Come to Catarina
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Choncoo: 8:44am On Sep 21, 2021
FRONT PAGE MATERIAL

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by DigitalyYours: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2021
Lovely pictures.....

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by SunshineHQ(m): 10:11am On Sep 21, 2021
Why am i not seeing breast?
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2021
benuejosh:
Did you arrive the venue after the celebration? I am not understanding the pictures. The environment looks littered and unkempt, which points to the fact that you came to the venue after the Owambe ati faji.

Yes , I arrived late because of covid,the crowd was massive, look at the picture below

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
lereinter:

Come to Catarina

I will for sure
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2021
Ola17:

Why were the banners inscribed in English?
Thought Portuguese is their official language over there.

Yes Portuguese is the official language, and the first English banners are for foreign journalists and the world
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2021

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2021
I saw our national treasure in Nigeria ,lol, l had to take a photo

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2021
Like I told you guys the celebration was turned into a pro bolsonaro protest. We have the presidential elections next year

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2021

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2021
The end

1 Like

Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 21, 2021
SunshineHQ:
Why am i not seeing breast?

LOL, I arrived late because of covid, I have beach videos and photos where you would see what you want
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Brazilian girls are damn hot

Over hot
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by SunshineHQ(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

LOL, I arrived late because of covid, I have beach videos and photos where you would see what you want
......sunshinezamani(at)gmaildotcom....thankz grin
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2021
SunshineHQ:
......sunshinezamani(at)gmaildotcom....thankz grin

LOL. I will post on naira land soon
Re: I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) by SunshineHQ(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

LOL. I will post on naira land soon
MENTION ME BIKO

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK University Rankings 2021 / Travle To Uk Or Accept Diamond Bank Job Offer, Which Is Better? / 2006 Pace-arrow 36d Luxurious Bus (mobile Home)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.