Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading (5713 Views)

Ned Nwoko Advocates Permanent National Assembly Seats For Nigerians In Diaspora / Anti-Open Grazing Bill Scales Second Reading In Akwa Ibom Assembly / Social Media Bill Scales Second Reading In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by tatax(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2021
Nigerians sha
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2021
What nonsense,
Women are already in electoral seats because they earned them
This is unfair

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by wink2015(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2021
THERE SHOULD BE A BILL TO ADDRESS THE MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA.

Youth unemployment that is those who passed out of the NYSC Programme.
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by angelfallz(m): 8:33am On Sep 21, 2021
For those of you that keep on asking what is bad about feminism or for those of you that keep asking why people like Martinez39, Caveadullam etc talk about feminism as if it is affecting them personally. Well what is going in the house of reps is one more answer for you.

they are creating 111 positions for women. So those 111 positions are for women to go and represent women. SMH. We should also create 111 positions for men to go and represent men.

Not that the positions would help governance, not that the positions would improve governance. SMH

You see how stupid we are. Shey those women would be collecting salary etc. You see how stupid we are

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by panpan(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2021
Creating additional seats for women is wrong. It is discriminatory on the basis of gender.
Women are still able to contest for any of the other seats.

In addition, creating additional seats would only increase the cost of governance.
Will the federal government borrow money to sustain the extra cost?

The bill should be thrown out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by potland: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

This would be more effective and makes sense.

Let the women playing grassroot politics canvas for support to represent.

It is now they would approve the 111 seats and baba would decide to use 97% / 5% sharing formula.
seems you don't get along with your fellow women on matters pertaining to gender equality. You are opposed to change or new ideas. Never evolving with modern sensibilities. You come across as a conservative person. Not a feminist, just my observation.
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by bukatyne(f): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2021
potland:
seems you don't get along with your fellow women on matters pertaining to gender equality. You are opposed to change or new ideas. Never evolving with modern sensibilities. You come across as a conservative person. Not a feminist, just my observation.

Happy observation kiss
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by CaveAdullam: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2021
angelfallz:
For those of you that keep on asking what is bad about feminism or for those of you that keep asking why people like Martinez39s, Caveadullam etc talk about feminism as if it is affecting them personally. Well what is going in the house of reps is one more answer for you.

they are creating 111 positions for women. So those 111 positions are for women to go and represent women. SMH. We should also create 111 positions for men to go and represent men.

Not that the positions would help governance, not that the positions would improve governance. SMH

You see how stupid we are. Shey those women would be collecting salary etc. You see how stupid we are

Lol.

Well done sir!

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by angelfallz(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2021
there is no such thing as gender equality. It is a smoke screen to promote women above men.

potland:
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by angelfallz(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2021
you are welcome.

CaveAdullam:

Lol.

Well done sir!
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by potland: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Happy observation kiss
don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. It's your life, you have every right to your opinion. Same as every other person
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by tnerro1(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2021
Greedy useless people, why don’t they take the 111 from the existing sits in the house.They can’t pay police , doctors or teachers well, but they want to use this trick to allocate more money to themselves

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by orisa37: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2021
Tissaia:
The patriarchy is crumbling

Grow MATRIARCHY.
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by bukatyne(f): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2021
potland:
don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. It's your life, you have every right to your opinion. Same as every other person

You are hilarious!

You think I feel 'judged' for having my opinions/outlook towards life? cheesy grin

It seems you want to chat;

1. What new ideas and modern sensibilities have you seen me opposed to?

2. What areas of gender inequality/equality don't I agree with?

Hint: I will/do not support anything against the Bible.
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by potland: 9:14am On Sep 21, 2021
angelfallz:
there is no such thing as gender equality. It is a smoke screen to promote women above men.

Going by what you said, are you in support of what the Taliban are doing to girls in afghanistan in stopping them from schooling
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by angelfallz(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2021
How is what I said related to the Taliban?

potland:
Going by what you said, are you in support of what the Taliban are doing to girls in afghanistan in stopping them from schooling
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by ume1000: 9:50am On Sep 21, 2021
JeffreyOraz:

Firstly they are women.
Secondly, they are victims of people such as yourself that see nothing wrong in slut shaming and all those bullshit.
You people say there is a higher tendency for a woman to get a job but you fail to mention the person making the selection is a guy and at the moment of selection, all he is thinking about is his d*ck.

So, stop blaming women for the sh*t you impose on yourself
stop been an idiot

What wrong with letting them work their way through like men do

Are there special seats provided for men in our legislature

The same victimhood and special privileges has made Americans mentally unstable (mass shooting, homosexuality and huge divorce rate ,drug addiction)

Ume1000 says no to double standard equality
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by ume1000: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2021
michlins:
I think feminism is all having a level playing field for all gender. The idea of giving someone an advantage goes against everything it stands for.

Those seats aren't earned
feminism was never about equality it's more of a double standard system
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by chloride6: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2021
Isn't that a constitutional amendment?
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by marttye(f): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
female Presidency is possible in 2023 if politicians and kingmakers give them the opportunity.“ All the people that have become Presidents were supported by people. If the players, the kingmakers decide that a woman should become the next President , then that is it,
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by potland: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
angelfallz:
How is what I said related to the Taliban?

because it's part of the gender equality we are talking about. I want to know your position on the matter
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by Felicox(m): 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
My question is, how would these 111 women be elected? will certain constituencies be designed as women only constituencies? and would they expect only women to vote there, or both genders? with the addition of 111 slot's for women will still be eligible to contest for the original available slot's?
All I see here are backward thinking people who think they are thinking right. My only worry is how these kind's of decisions will further damage the country. And they are also failing that the more women are favoured and made more successful at the expense of men, the greater number of men who will tow the evil path and the more violent and insecure the country will be. They should rather be more concerned on how to keep the boy's happy or else the country will become hotter than it already is.
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:01am On Sep 28, 2021
This useless idiot from my state says it is possible for a woman to be president in 2023 ..
Lol.. this fools is deranged..
As for the additional seats.. I am not bothered.. cos even if y'all enter the house, Aboki Muslim people no go allow una make stupid feminist laws..

The future is OLOSHOISM..
Re: Bill To Create 111 Additional Electoral Seats For Women Scales Second Reading by Idiko1: 1:23am On Sep 28, 2021
The present shenanigan in the so-called shithole termed Nigeria is a mockery.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Launches Facebook Page Give Alert Of Killings PHOTOS / Apc Leading In Lagos With Wide Margin / “HAND OF GOD” Prevents Rocket From Striking Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.