Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 (2438 Views)

‍difrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 2 / Diffrences Btwn speaking In Tongue, Praying ,And Speaking in other tongues:part1 / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by HISSCRIBE1995: 9:58am On Sep 21, 2021
‍‍‍Web title - ‍‍‍‍Diffrences Btwn speaking In Tongue, Praying ,And Speaking in other tongues:part3

Topic :
‍‍‍‍‍THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUE TO THE CHURCH, AND SPEAKING IN TONGUE IN PRAYER TO GOD , AND SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES TO MEN . Part (3)three

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍The issue of whether believers should speak or pray in tongues  in the church is still a big controversy today.
Differences in doctrine is one of the major factors that brought division into the body of christ as we have it today.

Let's dig into what the Bible said about speaking in tongue or praying in tongue (since some people took  praying to God in tongue , and speaking to the church in tongue to mean the same thing)

Speaking in TONGUE while praying to God can not be understood by men because it is directed towards God.
as it is written in
Romans 8:27
[27]God already knows our deepest thoughts. And he understands what the Spirit is saying, because the Spirit speaks for his people in the way that agrees with what God wants.

While the other which is spoken among the brethren in the church of which Paul wrote in 1 corinthians chapter 14
Is spoken for the edifying of the Saint if there is an interpreter,
But that which manifested on the day of Pentecost and spoken by the apostles which is "speaking different languages and dialect of the world is a sign to the un-believers and is profitable for evangelism.

See this scripture below.
This is what the Lord SAYS.
(AMPLIFIED)
.1 Corinthians 14:21
[21]It is written in the Law, By men of strange languages and by the lips of foreigners will I speak to this people, and not even then will they listen to Me, says the Lord. [Isa. 28:11, 12.]
1 Corinthians 14:22
[22]Thus [unknown] tongues are meant for a [supernatural] sign, not for believers but for unbelievers [on the point of believing], while prophecy (inspired preaching and teaching, interpreting the divine will and purpose) is not for unbelievers [on the point of believing] but for believers.

(the evangelists should desire this of diverse kind of tongues to propagate the gospel effectively to a people of strange language they can't speak naturally).

So concluding.
1.Praying In Tongue is scriptural.
2.Speaking in tongues to the church is allowed in the Bible if there is an interpreter, but if there is no interpreter he or she who speaks should keep silent and pray between himself and God,
(even in tongues)
3 . diverse kind of tongues which is speaking in different languages of the world is for preaching the gospel to a people whose language you can't speak naturally.

Please take note :

I didn't write this to discredit those who don't speak in tongue, nor to justify those who do so, but as you read from the beginning it's all about the unity of the body of christ.
Even in the early church there was division but the leaders find ways to sought them out and keep the brethren in unity.
We need unity in the body of christ now more than ever, because the sons of the bond woman will stop at nothing till they render, and tear us apart, but as it is written "the gate of hell shall not prevail over the church.

Your speaking in tongues is not what will qualify you for heaven, and your not speaking isn't what will disqualify you either, but slandering any part of the body of christ (the church) in order to put her to shame can get your name out of the book of life if you don't repent.
He said "Saul! Saul! Why I you persecuting me?  He didn't say" why are you persecuting my people" but "me."

Lord forgive me for persecuting you in time past , I repent sincerely from my heart.
Thank you for forgiving me.
Amen.

So finally
.1 Corinthians (king James) 14:27-28,39-40
[27]If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
[28]But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
[39]Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.
[40]Let all things be done decently and in order.

These are the three (manifestations) kinds of speaking in TONGUES.

The first.

(1)We(can choose to) speak in tongue to God while we pray.
Read (1 corinthians 14:2)
Its benefits are =it builds up your spirit man,it makes you sensitive in the Spirit,it activates other spiritual gifts,it helps you pray for long (for those struggling to pray), it strengthens your physical body when you exercise yourself in it ,it help sharpen your spiritual senses , it transport you to realms of encounter. It Terrifies the powers of darkness (it is a mighty weapon of spiritual warfare)
To mention but a few.

The second one

(2)God speaks through tongue to us (the church) when his (holy) spirit comes upon one of us as a spirit of prophecy (for tongues spoken to men [not the one spoken to God while praying ] is like a prophecy speaking in an unknown language) in order to deliver a message to the church .
Read (1 corinthians :14:27-28)
It Benefits are - it keeps the church in alignment with the purpose and Mandate of God for that church and territory, it edifices the church, and builds up the faiths of the congregation towards God, it is a means of exhorting the people, and the man of God, it creates consciousness and awareness of the presence of God in a congregation. Etcetera.

The third one.

(3) God speaks in tongues through us (believers) to the world when he wants to convey the message of the gospel to men(unbelievers) who are outside the church. Read (Isaiah 28:11-12) and Read ( Act 2:4-11) also
then in a congregation of believers whose languages are foreign to ours.
Resd(1 corinthians 14:21)
It Benefits are - it makes preaching the gospel much more easier, it's a sign to the unbelievers that the speakers are indeed servants of the true God, and makes acceptance of the gospel, and the lordship of christ jesus easier for they that hear them speak in their languages without a former knowledge of it. (as we see happened in the day of Pentecost when 3000 people were added to the church in one day) Read (Act 2:1-4) and (1 corinthians 14:22).

Praise the Lord =HALLELUJAH

May this bring Peace and unity into the body of christ.
Amen in the name of our graceful lord and savior jesus christ.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:
...Speaking in TONGUE while praying to God can not be understood by men because it is directed towards God.
as it is written in
Romans 8:27
[27]God already knows our deepest thoughts. And he understands what the Spirit is saying, because the Spirit speaks for his people in the way that agrees with what God wants.

Your opening line in the passage has already called you a Liar, for it clearly Said "God already knows.."

If God already knows why are you speaking?

Where is the "can not be understood by men because it is directed towards God." in that passage?

Continue to deceive yourself with shakatu brabrabra nonsense.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by HISSCRIBE1995: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Your opening line in the passage has already called you a Liar, for it clearly Said "God already knows.."

If God already knows why are you speaking?

Where is the "can not be understood by men because it is directed towards God." in that passage?

I couldn't comprehend what your question really is sir.

Can you please elaborate a little more
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 10:39am On Sep 24, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

I couldn't comprehend what your question really is sir.

Can you please elaborate a little more

I did not lay a question, I am saying that your belief in the yagahigi people do and say in the name "speaking in tongues" is Fake, chanting and PROOF OF A CHURCH ESTABLISHED BY SATAN.

Speaking in tongues Always means Natural dialect and language and not gagagoogoo baby sounds of communication

It is Satan's Pastors who teach these Lies!
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I did not lay a question, I am saying that your belief in the yagahigi people do and say in the name "speaking in tongues" is Fake, chanting and PROOF OF A CHURCH ESTABLISHED BY SATAN.

Speaking in tongues Always means Natural dialect and language and not gagagoogoo baby sounds of communication

It is Satan's Pastors who teach these Lies!

Proof from the scriptures please?
Mark 16:17
[17]And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

"New" is from the Greek word "Kainos" i.e of a new kind. Speaking in tongues can't be in a known human dialect since it is new.

1 Corinthians 14:2,4
[2]For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
[4]He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Isaiah 28:11
[11]For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

What happened in the book of acts was speaking in tongues and prophesy. The crowd around them could only understand because they prophesied Ina known language after speaking in tongues.

1 Like

Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2021
Harshirama:

Proof from the scriptures please?

Acts 2 clearly says passers by of different nations heard what the disciples were saying.

The question is when praying would the disciples be doing so in a foreign language? No

They must speak their own Natural Language exactly as an Igbo man must pray in Igbo, his native tongue.

So how is conceivable that an Igbo man would pray in German tongue or Spanish, such that a German and Spanish will hear at the same time as they are passing by?

Acts 2 clearly tells us that the foreigners understood what the disciples were saying in Jewish language even though they were not Jewish.

Harshirama:

Mark 16:17
[17]And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

When Christ enters you, you become like Christ and a Changed man and even your speech too changes exactly as what said about the apostles "how is it that this unlearned and ignorant men speak so powerfully?"

So they were fishermen before Christ they were Changed Men (Fishers of Men) When Christ, Through the Holy Spirit came into them.

No shigishiga haba involved just Natural Living phenomenon we have all seen.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Acts 2 clearly says passers by of different nations heard what the disciples were saying.

The question is when praying would the disciples be doing so in a foreign language? No

They must speak their own Natural Language exactly as an Igbo man must pray in Igbo, his native tongue.

So how is conceivable that an Igbo man would pray in German tongue or Spanish, such that a German and Spanish will hear at the same time as they are passing by?

Acts 2 clearly tells us that the foreigners understood what the disciples were saying in Jewish language even though they were not Jewish.

When Christ enters you, you become like Christ and a Changed man and even your speech too changes exactly as what said about the apostles "how is it that this unlearned and ignorant men speak so powerfully?"

So they were fishermen before Christ they were Changed Men (Fishers of Men) When Christ, Through the Holy Spirit came into them.

LoL, the pentecost was a feast for jews. Every disciple in the upper room that day were Jews. They only came from other countries to celebrate pentecost. Just like a Nigerian with German citizenship coming home to celebrate Christmas.

The outsiders assumed they were drunk because they couldn't understand what they spoke in tongues initially. They only understood when they prophesied in a natural language. To prove what I'm saying, check throughout the book of acts and you'll see that new converts usually spoke in tongues and prophesied

That's why there is the gift of interpretation of tongues. Tongues are not a human language. It's a supernatural mode of communication peculiar to believers. New tongues in the Greek is from "Kainos Glossolalia" Tongues of a new kind, never seen before. German, Spanish, or Hebrew are not new tongues. More explanation about tongues are in 1 Cor 12 and chapter 14.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

[2]For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Note the "No man understands him.." This means it has to be a language no natural man can understand but God understands.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2021
Harshirama:

Note the "No man understands him.." This means it has to be a language no natural man can understand but God understands.

This is Something Else and not yabadaba jigijigi.

This is the Highest Praying that goes beyond words and language and you saw how Paul described it, "SIGHS AND GROANINGS!"

And these are Not words or language.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is Something Else and not yabadaba jigijigi.

This is the Highest Praying that goes beyond words and language and you saw how Paul described it, "SIGHS AND GROANINGS!"

And these are Not words or language.

Groanings are part of prayer. What else trancends human language if not what is unknown to to a natural man and common to all christians regardless of nationality. The problem people have with praying in the spirit is it sounds foolish to the mind. Same way the message of a man dying for sins and resurrecting sounds like nonsense to a natural man.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2021
Harshirama:

Groanings are part of prayer. What else trancends human language if not what is unknown to to a natural man and common to all christians regardless of nationality. The problem people have with praying in the spirit is it sounds foolish to the mind. Same way the message of a man dying for sins and resurrecting sounds like nonsense to a natural man.

Like you said "unknown to to a natural man" but you gbababosh shinai is very well known to every reasonable natural man exactly as I have been replicating here. It is not hidden at all.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 6:17am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Like you said "unknown to to a natural man" but you gbababosh shinai is very well known to every reasonable natural man exactly as I have been replicating here. It is not hidden at all.

Well known as? If you like, call speaking in tongues gibberish, you're the one missing out. The bible clearly says your mind does not understand what you say I'm tongues. Trying to make sense of it in the natural realm is useless. The key thing is God understands. "He who speaks in tongues speaketh not unto men but unto God"
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

Well known as? If you like, call speaking in tongues gibberish, you're the one missing out. The bible clearly says your mind does not understand what you say I'm tongues. Trying to make sense of it in the natural realm is useless. The key thing is God understands. "He who speaks in tongues speaketh not unto men but unto God"

For more than 20 years since I began learning to follow The Way of The Lord, it has been well and weller and wellerler with me up till yesterday. My prayers are answered even before I think to pray.

Gbagbaboski shimarima is absolutely filthy and a Vanity You Ain't talking to God or rather you are talking and HE IS NEVER GONNA HEAR YOU.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

For more than 20 years since I began learning to follow The Way of The Lord, it has been well and weller and wellerler with me up till yesterday. My prayers are answered even before I think to pray.

Gbagbaboski shimarima is absolutely filthy and a Vanity You Ain't talking to God or rather you are talking and HE IS NEVER GONNA HEAR YOU.

Lol, your experience does not change the word of God. Those who have received the baptism of the holy ghost know it's not fake. I definitely know what I received. If you like, keep talking down on it. The difference will show.
If I may ask, have you ever seen the manifestation of spiritual gifts in your life?
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 6:56am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

1 Corinthians 14:2
[2]For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding].
AMP translation
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:04am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

Lol, your experience does not change the word of God.

How does my experience change the Word of God when I Fulfill it? "BEFORE I (they) call, I will answer; and while I (they) are yet speaking, I will hear".

You can continue wasting your time and energy doing a vanity after all it is your time and energy and failures and lack NOT MINE.

At least before you become a Hater of God (Atheist) the spirits will stand Against you THAT YOU WERE WARNED THAT YOU WERE DOING A VANITY AND THAT GOD WILL NEVER EVER EVER HEAR YOU.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:07am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

[2]For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding].
AMP translation

Are you on Repeat Mode? You said this at the beginning, so this bullet no dey again.

As i said before, At least before you become a Hater of God (Atheist) the spirits will stand Against you THAT YOU WERE WARNED THAT YOU WERE DOING A VANITY AND THAT GOD WILL NEVER EVER EVER HEAR YOU.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 7:17am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

How does my experience change the Word of God when I Fulfill it? "BEFORE I (they) call, I will answer; and while I (they) are yet speaking, I will hear".

You can continue wasting your time and energy doing a vanity after all it is your time and energy and failures and lack NOT MINE.

At least before you become a Hater of God (Atheist) the spirits will stand Against you THAT YOU WERE WARNED THAT YOU WERE DOING A VANITY AND THAT GOD WILL NEVER EVER EVER HEAR YOU.

You've not proven anything from the scriptures, stop resorting to personal attacks. I'll never become an atheist. I'll keep practicing what the word says. Keep doing yours. Time will tell
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you on Repeat Mode? You said this at the beginning, so this bullet no dey again.

As i said before, At least before you become a Hater of God (Atheist) the spirits will stand Against you THAT YOU WERE WARNED THAT YOU WERE DOING A VANITY AND THAT GOD WILL NEVER EVER EVER HEAR YOU.

I intentionally posted a different translation. I wanted to see you argue with the scriptures. Have you ever wondered that Jesus or the apostles never spoke against what you are speaking against. Paul even said "I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all". Last last, na you dey miss out.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:31am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

You've not proven anything from the scriptures, stop resorting to personal attacks. I'll never become an atheist. I'll keep practicing what the word says. Keep doing yours. Time will tell

grin I did not attack you, I am telling you your future. That's what HardMirror, and many other prayer kabashing folks who thought they were talking to God, said until they got tired after He still did not Hear them nor Answered them, after months and years of serious kabashing and tonguing.

Then they they started to cry "There is No God O."

They are your future and you are presently living their past. grin

If you like change your way or if you like continue, I am not affected by your outcome either way but I am simply satisfied that I have Warned You.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:48am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

I intentionally posted a different translation. I wanted to see you argue with the scriptures. Have you ever wondered that Jesus or the apostles never spoke against what you are speaking against.

grin How can The Lord, Jesus and His Disciples speak against when it has not been done? grin

Harshirama:

Paul even said "I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all". Last last, na you dey miss out.

grin You obviously do not appreciate that Paul Spoke at least 2 Natural Tongues/Dialects/Language. grin The Disciples tongue ( Hebrew), the Roman tongue (Greek).

And the disciples clearly have only ONE, the Hebrew language.

But as I said earlier before you become an atheist, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! grin
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 9:08am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I did not attack you, I am telling you your future. That's what HardMirror, and many other prayer kabashing folks who thought they were talking to God, said until they got tired after He still did not Hear them nor Answered them, after months and years of serious kabashing and tonguing.

Then they they started to cry "There is No God O."

They are your future and you are presently living their past. grin

If you like change your way or if you like continue, I am not affected by your outcome either way but I am simply satisfied that I have Warned You.

You are speaking out of ignorance. And God forbid, they are not my future. I speak to God and God speaks to me. Back to my question, have you ever seen spiritual gifts operate in your own life? My guess is no.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin How can The Lord, Jesus and His Disciples speak against when it has not been done? grin

grin You obviously do not appreciate that Paul Spoke at least 2 Natural Tongues/Dialects/Language. grin The Disciples tongue ( Hebrew), the Roman tongue (Greek).

And the disciples clearly have only ONE, the Hebrew language.

But as I said earlier before you become an atheist, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! grin

Lmao, clearly you don't know bible interpretation. Paul neither referred to Hebrew nor Greek when talking about tongues. Jesus also said in mark 16:17 "they shall speak with new tongues"

New - kainós – properly, new in quality (innovation), fresh in development or opportunity – because "not found exactly like this before. b. as respects substance; of a new kind; unprecedented, novel, uncommon, unheard of

Now tell me what the tongues are, you're saying Greek and Hebrew. Just let go of your pride and receive the gift of God.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 10:01am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

You are speaking out of ignorance. And God forbid, they are not my future. I speak to God and God speaks to me.

grin HardMirror and co exactly said this and today, they are worse of.

It would show. grin
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 10:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin HardMirror and co exactly said this and today, they are worse of.

It would show. grin

No need to argue for long. We're both born again and have the holy spirit. Why not pray and ask the holy spirit to reveal the truth. Come back and tell me the answer
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

Lmao, clearly you don't know bible interpretation. Paul neither referred to Hebrew nor Greek when talking about tongues. Jesus also said in mark 16:17 "they shall speak with new tongues" ...

grin You are definitely on Repeat Mode so you can Repeat my Answer to this point and Repeat Again and Again as you like. grin
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

No need to argue for long. We're both born again and have the holy spirit. Why not pray and ask the holy spirit to reveal the truth. Come back and tell me the answer

I have already discharged my duty of Issuing you the Warning, so there is nothing reasonably more for me to do.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 11:11am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already discharged my duty of Issuing you the Warning, so there is nothing reasonably more for me to do.

If you're reasonable, you'd read your Bible very well and pray. Not wishing a fellow christian will backslide.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Harshirama(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin You are definitely on Repeat Mode so you can Repeat my Answer to this point and Repeat Again and Again as you like. grin

Repitition brings clarity. How did you learn things in nursery school, you learnt it over and over again. Now take your Bible and read over and over again, maybe you'd gain understanding.
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by petra1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

you're catching it
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
petra1:

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

The Op laid on Romans 8:27

And not on 1 Corinthians. That's what brought about my objection.

petra1:

you're catching it

grin That's the language I use with babies and we have great discussions with it. So I am tonguing regularly. grin
Re: Diffrences Btwn Speaking In Tongue,praying,and Speaking In Other Tongues:part 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Harshirama:

If you're reasonable, you'd read your Bible very well and pray. Not wishing a fellow christian will backslide.

It is not an ill wishing When you areseen Drunk Driving and are warned "you gonna crash.".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Apostasy And The Death Penalty / Debunking The Christian Belief On The Sanctity Of Marriage / Pastor Lazarus Muoka's Portrait Now For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.