Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies (1343 Views)

Televangelist Creflo Dollar Needs Your Help!!! / Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by k0be: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2007
CNN) -- Tammy Faye Messner, the former televangelist and Christian singer who battled drug addiction and later inoperable cancer, died Friday morning, CNN's Larry King said Saturday night. He said the family had asked him to make the delayed announcement.

Messner was a guest on "Larry King Live" on Thursday. She told him she couldn't swallow food, and weighed only 65 pounds.

King said the family postponed the death announcement for a day so family members could gather. Messner was cremated and interred in a remote part of Kansas at the Kansas-Oklahoma state line, King said.

"The family appreciates all of the well wishes of so many people," the talk show host said on CNN.

"She wanted a party," King added. "They're going to schedule a party in two to three weeks in Palm Springs, California. Her friends will be invited. And she wanted it to be a celebration.

"She died peacefully. Anyone who saw her on our show this week knew that she didn't have long."

King asked her Thursday if she were "a little scared."

She responded, "A little bit," adding that she mainly worried about her family.

Watch Messner on King's show »
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2007/07/19/lkl.tammy.faye.god.cnn
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/21/tammy.faye/index.html

battle with cancer
Re: Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by omoge(f): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2007
thank you for posting it. i watched the interview with Larry King that night on 18th and was really touched. it was the way she looked that caught my attention. i have read about her a bit. i felt pity for her during the show. it was like she knew she was about to die. she cried and i was touched at what made a person so thin. May her soul rest in peace.

she will be remembered, and those lashes too wink wore it to the last. RIP Tammy Faye.
her idea: she doesn't want worms eating her up so asked to be cremated. wow!
Re: Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by English1(f): 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2007
She died owing $3million in taxes owing on money taken from their 'activities' and TV evangelism- good riddence to a thief and conwoman!
Re: Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by k0be: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2007
you have got to be kidding me. english1, people like you make me want to commit a grave sin.
Re: Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by omoge(f): 1:42am On Jul 24, 2007
English1 shocked
Re: Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by jeshua(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2007
quote author=k0be link=topic=67641.msg1312987#msg1312987 date=1185119834]
CNN) -- Tammy Faye Messner, the former televangelist and Christian singer who battled drug addiction and later inoperable cancer, died Friday morning, CNN's Larry King said Saturday night. He said the family had asked him to make the delayed announcement.

Messner was a guest on "Larry King Live" on Thursday. She told him she couldn't swallow food, and weighed only 65 pounds.

King said the family postponed the death announcement for a day so family members could gather. Messner was cremated and interred in a remote part of Kansas at the Kansas-Oklahoma state line, King said.

"The family appreciates all of the well wishes of so many people," the talk show host said on CNN.

"She wanted a party," King added. "They're going to schedule a party in two to three weeks in Palm Springs, California. Her friends will be invited. And she wanted it to be a celebration.

"She died peacefully. Anyone who saw her on our show this week knew that she didn't have long."

King asked her Thursday if she were "a little scared."

She responded, "A little bit," adding that she mainly worried about her family.

Watch Messner on King's show »
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2007/07/19/lkl.tammy.faye.god.cnn
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/21/tammy.faye/index.html

battle with cancer

[/quote]Most people wont know who Tammy Faye really is. I got know her through Jim Baker, do you know jim Baker and the story behind the PTL? It is incredible.
omoge:

thank you for posting it. i watched the interview with Larry King that night on 18th and was really touched. it was the way she looked that caught my attention. i have read about her a bit. i felt pity for her during the show. it was like she knew she was about to die. she cried and i was touched at what made a person so thin. May her soul rest in peace.

she will be remembered, and those lashes too wink wore it to the last. RIP Tammy Faye.
her idea: she doesn't want worms eating her up so asked to be cremated. wow!

those eye lashes were the very reason I fear for the christ Emabssy flock. What shall it profit a man? she was flamboyant and she left her husband thinking that he wont come out of jail and got married to his best friend and see the end.[quote author=English1 link=topic=67641.msg1318791#msg1318791 date=1185231301]
She died owing $3million in taxes owing on money taken from their 'activities' and TV evangelism- good riddence to a thief and conwoman!
I am not judging her but i am simply saying what is the gain now? she sturggles to maintain her stutues in the society, see jim baker now. He is still on T.V. although more like a saleman than a preacher.
k0be:

you have got to be kidding me. english1, people like you make me want to commit a grave sin.

it is not an english matter, it is the truth that Life is a shadow, the sooner we realise the better. Jesus lives forver[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2007
May her sould rest in peace.
I loved her but Jesus loved her more.
Rest on dear Tammy in the sweet arms of our lord and saviour.
Re: Televangelist Tammy Faye Messner Dies by pilgrim1(f): 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2007
jeshua:

those eye lashes were the very reason I fear for the christ Emabssy flock. What shall it profit a man?

Lol. . . but Christ Embassy is not all about eye-lashes now! In which case if that were something to worry about at all, then some might even want to shave the brow as well - and others will still have something to talk about when and if that is done! grin

(1) (Reply)

God, Evil And The Epicurean Question / Creation Story: Which Is Correct, The Bible Or Science? / It Is Time To Takeover The 11th Hour Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.