Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? (5143 Views)

Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! / Many Bakassi Residents Prefer Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 12:07am On May 27, 2011
Nigerians tend to (rightfully) complain about the nation a lot, but out of curiosity, which of these other countries would you rather have come from or would you stick to Nigeria? grin

- Mexico
- Pakistan
- Philippines
- Nigeria
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by olaolabiy: 12:23am On May 27, 2011
Why not kuku say the devil and the deep blue red sea? 
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by jmaine: 12:31am On May 27, 2011
Expect more replies other than what your question required  ====> None  grin grin  . . As for me . . . Naija for ever 
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by olaolabiy: 12:38am On May 27, 2011
As a society, I would go for The Phillipines.

I would say Nigeria because of 'instant' everything. I could be a billionaire overnight. And . . . .

Mexico . . .hmm . . some parts sha. And the food.

Nigeria is cool but . . . and, a big BUT. . . our blinkered swagger arrogance is unhuman  undecided undecided. Na wa for us
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by qmd24(m): 1:06am On May 27, 2011
Nigerians tend to[b] (rightfully) complain [/b] about the nation[b] a lot[/b], but out of[b] curiosity[/b],

sounds like colour revolution brewing; alot of bottled up anger n frustrations that wud lead 2  Egypt/Madrid like rightful demands 4 dividends of democrazy.

a. Nigeria- corruption,Boko-Haram,Nepotism,No rule of law, never developing,tribalism,kidnapping,bombing
b. Mexico-  Drug War/senseless killings
c. Pakistan- Al-queda.Taliban,bombings
d. Philippines- volcanoes, typhoons

Best choice is probably b- Mexico, may God save us in 9ja.       Fashola 4 President, 2022[color=#006600][/color].lmaooo

Just lost my Green passport cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed.GEJ fresh heir air of wild ww/ people deceiving ppl,poverty developing party be warned. Revolution is coming fron NL.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2011
ola olabiy:

As a society, I would go for The Phillipines.

Wetin dey good about Philippines society?
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2011
This question poses an Hydra headed response.

All countries collectively listed got some kind of 'K-leg'
After today's bombing
Got no answer. . .for now cry
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
donspony:

This question poses an Hydra headed response.

All countries collectively listed got some kind of 'K-leg'
After today's bombing
Got no answer. . .for now cry

That was the intention. grin
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by denzel2009: 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sagamite:

That was the intention. grin

I would stick to Naija based on the devil you know. . . .

BTW, are you watching the documentary by Andrew Marr about megacities? God Bless China!
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sunofgod(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
Nigerians tend to (rightfully) complain about the nation a lot, but out of curiosity, which of these other countries would you rather have come from or would you stick to Nigeria? 

- Mexico
- Pakistan
- Philippines
- Nigeria (North/South)

In order of preference:

1) Southern Nigeria
2) Phillipines
3) Mexico
4) Pakistan
5) Northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sun of god:

In order of preference:

1) Southern Nigeria
2) Phillipines
3) Mexico
4) Pakistan
5) Northern Nigeria

No changing of rules. I bet the other countries can be split by sanity too.

It is based on ONE NIGERIA! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
denzel2009:

I would stick to Naija based on the devil you know. . . .

BTW, are you watching the documentary by Andrew Marr about megacities? God Bless China!

You are beginning to know me. I am watching exactly that, homie. grin

My kind of programme. I am a knowledge addict.

Train that goes 400km per hour. Whoa! grin
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Mariory(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sagamite:

It is based on ONE NIGERIA! grin

Wicked! grin
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by denzel2009: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sagamite:

You are beginning to know me. I am watching exactly that, homie. grin

My kind of programme. I am a knowledge addict.

Train that goes 400km per hour. Whoa! grin

That programme is top quality. The train is just a beauty of Engineering, dang it levitates.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by omanzo02: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Wetin dey good about Philippines society?

Plenty free pus.sy, no buy me telephone, no chop and quench, no exorbitant demand,   grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
denzel2009:

That programme is top quality. The train is just a beauty of Engineering, dang it levitates.

I have switched to "Kids behind bars" on BBC 3 after the Andrew Marr one.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by 4Play(m): 9:36pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mexico
Philippines
Nigeria
Pakistan

Mexico is a $1trillion economy with far better human development indicators compared to Nigeria. I know the 'drug wars' create the impression the whole country is a war zone but that's far from the case. Using football analogy, comparing Nigeria to Mexico will be like comparing a non-league side to a League 1 side. Mexico is not yet Premiership, but it's economy is almost as large as Africa's economy with a population less than Nigeria's.

The Philippines is slightly better than Nigeria on most human development indicators - literacy, health and general standard of living.

Pakistan is worse than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by cashful(m): 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2011
Nigeria despite all odds,
but there is nothing wrong with Mexico and Philippines
Pakistan, NEVER
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2011
^^^
Forget Pakistan's problems
Doesn't mean you won't find Nigerians there
Every corner of the world from Afganistan, Papau New Guinea to Greenland smiley
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2011
Maybe the media exaggerates the state of Mexico's drug cartel problems
Seems like the best theoretical option.

However, I would now stick to Nigeria (Southern) and nowhere else.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
donspony:

However, I would now stick to Nigeria (Southern) and nowhere else.

Stats and physical dead bodies don't lie mate.

The capital of kidnap in the world.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
Surely same goes for Nigeria where most of Boko Haram's activities is localized to the Northern region.

There should be some parts of Mexico where kidnap is non existent/minimal?
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by cashful(m): 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2011
donspony:

^^^
Forget Pakistan's problems
Doesn't mean you won't find Nigerians there
Every corner of the world from Afganistan, Papau New Guinea to Greenland  smiley

is there any country you wont find Nigerians, but like the op asked, Nigeria first for me, but no to  pakistan

donspony:

think so too
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by ezeagu(m): 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
I prefer

[center][size=48pt]Alaigbo![/size][/center]

then >.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 11:14pm On Jun 16, 2011
donspony:

Surely same goes for Nigeria where most of Boko Haram's activities is localized to the Northern region.

There should be some parts of Mexico where kidnap is non existent/minimal?

I am sure there is, I am just saying dem no dey exaggerate o. E dey bad for the bad regions.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by ektbear: 1:58am On Jun 17, 2011
Mexico and the Philippines are better off, I think. Pakistan, not so sure.
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by dayokanu(m): 2:05am On Jun 17, 2011
Mexico, So i fit jump fence enter Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or California
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Araboy(m): 3:15am On Jun 17, 2011
I am not sure until I visit Nigeria but definitely not Pakistan I want to live longer grin
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by tpia5: 3:38am On Jun 17, 2011
what's the total number of nigerians in diaspora?
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by marocguy(m): 9:44am On Nov 16, 2011
wud hav loved to grow up and told i'm a biafran. Anytym, with some strange neighbours seeking our country visas,north n west borders
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Sagamite(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2011
marocguy:

wud hav loved to grow up and told i'm a biafran. Anytym, with some strange neighbours seeking our country visas,north n west borders

You are free to daydream sha! grin
Re: Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
Hmmm this is a tough one. I would say between Mexico and Nigeria.
If i were to live in mexico it would have to be close to the Belize border!! grin grin

Nigeria, well I don't know much about Nigeria to be honest but I think I would
give Naija a shot. I'm sure she is not as bad as people make her out to be.

But definitely NOT the Philippines nor Pakistan. tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women - Femi Kayode / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan / Thread For Igbos.......lets Show Our Cultures, Personalties And Achievements.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.