Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay (12541 Views)

2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North / Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo / History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Echoban: 9:00am On Sep 22, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

The SW will sit at home alone.The SS/SE would go ahead and elect a president

So assuming ur vote count this is how u would be threatening everyone to do ur bidden.. lol
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by AntiChristian: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2021
Truthissupreme:
grin na here we dey

Desperate times, comes desperate measures

As una con use akeredolu take join south to fight una personal presidency battles water don pass garri be that

Ordinarily na turn by turn una be agree with the vegetable Terrorist but na una con dey the one waygrin

I don't even have any political candidate. My articulate was just jokingly to those who voted for Atiku but hate Fulani!

Politics no be one way! All your predictions will come to nothing!
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Truthissupreme: 9:23am On Sep 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

I don't even have any political candidate. My articulate was just jokingly to those who voted for Atiku but hate Fulani!

Politics no be one way! All your predictions will come to nothing!
me sef no get political candidate but I just got point out the foolishness

Some people voted buhari even knowing he is a disaster in hope that after his 8 years they would naturally step in

Today same people are still in the lurch using every means to fight for a place that shouldn't even be debate able

What was the benefit of the 2015 slavery?
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Maobichek: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Trentee4eva:
South-West is not being fair to other Southerners, that's why the North may keep the Presidency. South-South had only one term under Jonathan and needs another term, while the Southeast hasn't had any term. Like Zulum said, Southern Presidency should be between South-South and Southeast. The Southwest wants to add another 8 years to their 16 years as President and Vp. Which equates to 24 years and that GREED.

I feel your plight but the truth is that North will decide. Let's do away with sentiment and emotion, North gave OBJ power, South West didn't vote for him but Olu, North also brought Osibanjo to Villa, in 2019 election, Osibanjo lost his ward to PDP. In 2023, anyone North support will be president whether BAT, GEJ or any other person, this is the truth without emotion.

NB: I don't support North retaining power after 2023 and I'm neither APC nor PDP.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by wallrichy: 9:54am On Sep 22, 2021
They don't need to tell people of the northern shits that fact. Let them fight it and see the quickening of the disintegration of the fraudulent entity call Nigeria. The real desire of Southern people is separation from the illiterates backward scavengers people of the terrorists north to be done away with parasites Fulani and Hausas....

Damidave1124:
In the interest of justice, equity and fair play. I agree, but the power mongers in the north with their myopic mentality of born to rule will never see any iota of sense in what the prof says.

All southerners should come together to fight the north come 2023. Seems they (north) are ready to clinch unto power at all cost, it is only a united south that can fight them.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Hmmm5(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2021
Without hypocrisy and sentiments, I the southerners are clamouring for the presidential slit in 2023, the south east should be given the nod. Any other nod asides from the south east is a game of no sincerity. Are the south easterners not part of Nigeria anymore? , if they are are , they deserve if better than anyone else in the south region, because they have been truly marginalized for years, if we feel they do not deserve it or can't be trusted , then, why are we still keeping them from going away from Nigeria? They should be considered for the 2023 presidency to show how truly we are united as a nation. After all , heaven will not fall if the slot is played back to the North, Nigeria will still continue.

nairavsdollars:
TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI

https://independent.ng/2023-ceding-presidency-to-north-dangerous-for-nigerias-unity-sagay/
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by MoIbrahim: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2021
MrColdsweat:

What of tafawa balewa and shehu shagari?

You can deceive some people but you cannot deceive everybody.

What is worrying you preceeds 1999? Okay, where do you place Zik who was President along with Balewa?
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by onuman: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2021
With 20 states proliferated in the old northern region, but only 17 states created in the two southern regions, no southern presidential candidate can win presidential election unless north is not in serious contention for the office of president.

Restructuring Nigeria politically away from the present feeding bottle structure shall settle all these contest for president.
North merely wants to continue after PMB in other to perpetuate the existing fraudulent political structure and governance system.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by MoIbrahim: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2021
Martins9756:
so Buhari is no longer 8 years, with this your calculation, what about 5 years of Shagari, what about your Babangida, Abacha, Buhari, Abdulsalam and Gowon as a head of state, you're not a sincere person, sincerity is far from you

Okay, so what is disturbing you predates 1999? And Gowon is now a northerner? You people think you're smart, when it suits you you make plateau middle belt or you make it north. Kontinu!
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by MoIbrahim: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Stupid analogy. Did Nigeria begin in 1999

Oh, what is worrying you too predates 1999 when rotation started? In 2011 you people said no more rotation when it suited you. You think others are fools?
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by executive12: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2021
Prof Sagay spoke well, but I will like to know what he thinks about the Southerners zoning the Southern presidency to the South East (Igbo).
Bunch of hypocrites. Between the North and the South, you want zoning, but within the South you don't want zoning.
What Nigeria needs is not zoning of the presidency but restructuring.
Nigeria needs to be restructured as soon as possible. If we do that, then we don't need zoning. The presidency can go to the best candidate from any region.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by executive12: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2021
Blackfire:
Will you keep quiet you expired politicians

We know those who are supporting our darling president so that he can die and Mere commissioner will take over...

We know those who are licking our boots so that power will be given to them....

Let me digress, all those online beef you igbos and yorubas exhibit to make us think you are fighting we know it is a decoy...

Now get this to your heads...power will stay in the North in 2023

We have the population, the wealth

North2023 ...incase you don't know

Or you might just be ruling yourselves in the North from 2023 because the contraption called Nigeria may disintegrate into different real countries.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by executive12: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
Upton:

I am not saying Nigeria should be divided. But if it's ever going to happen, people need to realise that this country can only be divided into two, along the amalgamation lines (North and South). All these calls for Biafra and Oduduwa Nation will not yield any fruit. Nigeria is two countries formed into one. It will be less difficult for the two countries involved go their separate ways than for Nigeria to break into 4 or 5 different parts.

I agree with you.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by executive12: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
Upton:

Truth is this, there's nothing like zoning presidency.
The only reason people are calling for rotation between North and South is for fairness and equity between the two countries that make up Nigeria. Now the onus is on anybody good enough in the south to position him/herself for the position incase it happens to be rotated to the south. It's a lot difficult to rotate presidency between the 6 senatorial zones because North central can even lay claim to the right to contest for the presidency just like south east. As much as we want rotation, we want competence as well. Rotation should end at the sub national level because having a competent leader is the priority.

One major party can present someone competent from the SW, the other party can present someone competent from the SE and let the country vote for the best candidate. It's fine if both parties end up finding competent candidates in your zone and it's also fine if the don't end up finding someone in your zone.
But both major parties cannot be expected to present someone from the SE simply because of "zoning".

This was done for the SW in 1999 to compensate them for June 12 denial of Abiola presidency. By the way rotation (for fairness and equity) is not in the Nigerian constitution.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Ayomivic(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
nairavsdollars:
TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI

https://independent.ng/2023-ceding-presidency-to-north-dangerous-for-nigerias-unity-sagay/

The north had put laws aside. They think power is everything they had forgotten that wisdom is greater than power.

It will be too late for the north to understand what this government had done for them.

There can never be a nation without laws
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by executive12: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
Jackson105:

Keep crying. What candidate is SE supporting, are u not all supporting Atiku? SW is contesting and no one can blackmail us into not contesting, you all can go to hell with your inconsequential 5% or dash your fulani Lord and savior.

SW 2023

There goes the so called Southern unity. As the Northern Elders Forum spokesman said, in 2023, a Northern President will likely emerge and heavens will not fall.
In 2023, if Yoruba present a candidate, my so called inconsequential 5% will definitely go to a Northerner because of short sighted ones like you.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by executive12: 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
Jackson105:

Do you people have brain at all?

What candidate is SE putting forward, are you not all queuein behind Atiku, so SW should champion an ibo candidate on your behalf?

You urgently need sense.

SW 2023!

Keep quiet tribalist. Prof Kingsley Moghalu has been out there in the political arena. And he is obviously the best candidate for the position.
By the way your people supported Buhari the tribalist and terrorists sponsor. I hope you are enjoying his administration?
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by eguarojeona: 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
That one is originally from Mauritania too has mouth.its because the north allow these Muslims from other part of Africa to come and illegally become Nigerians.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by LordOfTheGame: 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
All these our southern efulefu leaders will understand what they have done to themselves by seeking out our strong men and betraying the collective interests of people. By the time the North refused to cede power and even declare total war on us, our stupid ottelectual southerners will have sense by force.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Jackson105: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
executive12:

Keep quiet tribalist. Prof Kingsley Moghalu has been out there in the political arena. And he is obviously the best candidate for the position.
By the way your people supported Buhari the tribalist and terrorists sponsor. I hope you are enjoying his administration?

Go and vote for your Moghalu with your 5%
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Jackson105: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2021
executive12:

There goes the so called Southern unity. As the Northern Elders Forum spokesman said, in 2023, a Northern President will likely emerge and heavens will not fall.
In 2023, if Yoruba present a candidate, my so called inconsequential 5% will definitely go to a Northerner because of short sighted ones like you.

To hell with southern unity. Go and dash another fulani your 5% votes no one needs it.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by executive12: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hmmm5:
Without hypocrisy and sentiments, I the southerners are clamouring for the presidential slit in 2023, the south east should be given the nod. Any other nod asides from the south east is a game of no sincerity. Are the south easterners not part of Nigeria anymore? , if they are are , they deserve if better than anyone else in the south region, because they have been truly marginalized for years, if we feel they do not deserve it or can't be trusted , then, why are we still keeping them from going away from Nigeria? They should be considered for the 2023 presidency to show how truly we are united as a nation. After all , heaven will not fall if the slot is played back to the North, Nigeria will still continue.

God bless you for your sincerity. Let some Yoruba keep fooling themselves. Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by Ayomivic(m): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
gambia:
Must the country remain as ONE, if the north wants to continue ruling, the country should be divided so they can be ruling their fellow northerners.

Gradually, the politicians are coming indirectly to agreement with Sunday Ighoho and Nnamdi Kanu. If we are to continue as one Nigeria power must shifts hands and the laws must be amended to stand and protect the citizens . Their must be equality
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by goshee: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ceding presidency to South West dangerous for Nigeria's unity
Re: 2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay by goshee: 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
Damidave1124:
In the interest of justice, equity and fair play. I agree, but the power mongers in the north with their myopic mentality of born to rule will never see any iota of sense in what the prof says.

All southerners should come together to fight the north come 2023. Seems they (north) are ready to clinch unto power at all cost, it is only a united south that can fight them.
In the interest of peace, Justice, fair play and equity power should come to South east, anything outside that validates North's arguement to hold on to power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falana: Lagos Parking Levy Illegal, Should Be Withdrawn / Boko Haram: 500 detained suspects released in Borno / Radio Biafra Is Gaining Relevant Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.