Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,789 members, 7,813,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like? (1936 Views)

Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge / Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 8:04am On May 27, 2011
As the nation celebrates the Nigerian childrens' day today being the 27th of May, 2011, I'm propelled to ask, what is the future of the Nigerian child?I could recall vividly the experiences I had while growing up in a suburb of the eastern heartland.The experience is unprintable and excruciating. The basic things of life were not within reach and three meals per day was a huge luxury.But in all these i persevered, not because of my personal ingenuity or that of my parents, but of divine guidance and direction.

This story and more excruciating ones can be said of a typically Nigerian child.He lacks the basic things of life, no role model, poor education, lack proper nutrient, spends most of his/her time fetching water and fire wood etc.In the North you have the case of the al majiris, which is the case of greed by the elite and decaying parenthood.

I then ask, what is the future of the Nigerian child if there is any  and in a much broader context, who is the Nigerian child?

Lets have your views.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 8:23am On May 27, 2011
Lets have an analysis of the Nigerian child and more appropriately, the circumstances which define his/her existence.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp, Obanikoro: Fashola Must Resign Now ! / Am I The Only One Who Simply Can't Identify Her Talent? / Pictures Of Late Goldie As A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.