Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Lady Risks Jail Term In France Over Fake Euro Notes Issued To Her By SC Bank. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Risks Jail Term In France Over Fake Euro Notes Issued To Her By SC Bank. (588 Views)

Dele Bolade Samson Babaola, Others Arrested Over Fake $1bn Bound For Africa / Tribunal sacks Kano House of Reps member, Yerima over fake certificate / Naira Redesign: Man Showcases 2k Worth Of Coins Issued To Him In The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Risks Jail Term In France Over Fake Euro Notes Issued To Her By SC Bank. by Shehuyinka: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lady risks jail term in France over fake Euro notes issued to her by Standard Chartered Bank in Nigeria

A NIGERIAN lady in France, Elizabeth Henry, has said she is being investigated, and risks jail term over fake Euro notes paid into her account by her sister.

The Euro notes, according to her, were issued to her sister by the Maitama branch of Standard Chartered Bank on 17 August 2021.

Elizabeth sister, Mary, had taken to social media on the 18 of September, disclosing that she applied for a €3,000 Personal Travel Allowances (PTA) at the Standard Chartered Bank, Maitama, Abuja, on August 17, 2021, to finance her study at the University of Burgundy, France.

Mary, who only gave her middle name, was admitted to the school in April 2021 to study international management and business studies.

But later got to know when she deposited the amount to her sister account that two out of the six notes issued to her by the Maitama Branch of Standard Chartered Bank were fake.

She told The ICIR that the issue already affected her studies and caused her documentation to suffer delay.

Elizabeth, who further spoke on behalf of Mary in a WhatsApp interview with The ICIR said the money was paid to her account as Mary had no bank account in France.

According to her, when Mary got to France, she deposited the entire notes to an account owned by her but later learnt on the 17 of September that two €500 bills out of the €3,000 she had deposited were fake and that the bank had deducted €1,000 from her account.

She said, “So my sister arrived in France on the 18th of August for her masters. She came with 3000 euros notes (500×6) because she doesn’t have French Bank Account yet, she asked me to pay the money into my account so she could pay for some fees online for school, we paid in the money and only 2000 euros was credited. So I was pissed and called my banker to ask why only 2000 euros was deposited and she said she was going to ask the service in charge of counting money.”

“she got back to me few hours and told me that they found out that 2 of the note I deposited were fake and the money was sent immediately to BANK OF FRANCE (it’s the equivalent of CBN in Nigeria) they authenticated the notes and confirmed that it was fake. They documented the note and sent me 2 attachments (1 for each note) with the serial number of the note etc. The money was not given back to me because they don’t want it circulating in France.”

More on this story here: https://www.icirnigeria.org/lady-risk-jail-term-in-france-over-fake-euro-notes-issued-to-her-by-standard-chartered-bank-in-nigeria/

Re: Lady Risks Jail Term In France Over Fake Euro Notes Issued To Her By SC Bank. by Snitch24(m): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
I don't believe this story shaa
There's something else you guys are not talking about

1 Like

Re: Lady Risks Jail Term In France Over Fake Euro Notes Issued To Her By SC Bank. by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
only a fool would knowingly deposit fake currency into a bank account.... story makes very little sense.
Re: Lady Risks Jail Term In France Over Fake Euro Notes Issued To Her By SC Bank. by alizma: 12:20am On Sep 23, 2021
Standard Yahoo bank.

(1) (Reply)

No longer accepting people / Zippyexchange.ng - Swift & Reliable Exchanger ★ Crypto & Giftcards Trades / Your Original Sure Plug Of Any Kind Of Busy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.