Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) (58093 Views)

Rare Orange-Eyed Owl Not Seen For Almost 125 Years Is Spotted In Malaysia (Pics) / Monkeys Killed In My Village In Abia (Pictures) / Hungry Monkeys Storm Streets In Thailand, Fight Over Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Holiness2100: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
DON’T GIVE A MONKEYS: RAMPAGING gangs of wild monkeys are reportedly "kidnapping" cats and dogs and "holding them hostage" for food in Malaysia.

A bizarre photo shows one determined monkey clutching a puppy on a roof - as pets vanish from people's homes.

The young black and white puppy, named Saru, was grabbed by the primate.

The wild monkey took the pooch to the top of an electricity post in Taman Lestari Putra, Malaysia, on September 16, before leaping from roof-to-roof with it.

Footage of the "monkey catching dog incident" circulated on social media for several days.

Clips showed the monkey "hugging the puppy tightly" and escaping people trying to rescue it by leaping high onto a roof.

Residents say the monkey was part of a wild primate gang known for stealing food from houses.

The beasts are now also being blamed for the recent disappearance of cats and dogs that have been reported as suddenly missing from homes.

Some residents have complained about the monkeys being aggressive, and even demanded extreme methods such as shooting them.

One onlooker, Cherry Lew Yee Lee, said: "The puppy looked tired and weary but the monkey did not seem to hurt it.

"The monkey was just holding the puppy while it moved around.

"It looked like it was treating the puppy as a friend or its baby, it was very strange.

"However, we still needed to save the poor dog because it appeared to have been starving."

Cherry and her neighbours went to the area where the monkey was regularly spotted with the puppy over several days.

But their rescue attempts repeatedly failed, with the creature fleeing along electricity lines and disappearing with the pooch into trees in the jungle.

And when locals did manage to entice it to come closer with fruit, the monkey refused to drop the puppy.

One Malay woman even tried to lure the monkey with a loaf of bread, reported The Smart Local.

Oriental Daily said the pup's "wailing was heard" as it tried in vain to escape its captor's clutches.

PUPPY 'VERY WEAK'

Three days after the puppy had been snatched by the monkey, a concerned Poh, 39, met with several fellow animal lovers.

They quietly observed the primate gang for 45 minutes after discussing "countermeasures".

The monkey holding the pup eventually descended onto a patch of grass, so locals managed to scare it by lobbing small rocks and chunks of wood.

The alarmed monkey released its hand, and the puppy fell onto the grass.

"After we successfully rescued the puppy, we found that it looked like it hadn't been weaned, and it may have not eaten for many days, so it was very weak," Poh said.

The pooch was rushed to a vet, who said that although there were no major injuries, it was suffering from slight swelling to the head, and was weak due to the lack of food for several days.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16203295/wild-monkeys-kidnapping-cat-dogs-pets-vanish-homes/amp/

1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Holiness2100: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by illicit(m): 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2021
It wanted to adopt it nah

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Housing(m): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
Only God knows it's (monkey) mission, albeit it will hurt the puppy unknowingly.

Let me be your plug for Flatbed and sided body trucks transportation needs.
Check my signature for contact details
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Hangmnk: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Acting Like Typical IPOB In Malaysia. They'll probably going to eat the dog and "flush" it with Alcohol, like their cousins here Nigeria.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Sundaypaul12345: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lmaoo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by EyezofGod120: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
grin terrorist everywhere

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by tillaman(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Fulani herds monkey
This one sef dey collect Ransom Abi??
Nothing wey person no go see for this earth

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by spy24(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Which kind news be this na . Lol

Monkey wan turn bandits abi unknown gun men

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
He just wants to play with the pup now.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Lamasta(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
RAMPAGING gangs of wild monkeys are reportedly "kidnapping" cats and dogs and "holding them hostage" for food in Malaysia.

This monkey's still dey learn work grin they should come to Nigeria where snake is swallowing N36M inside JAMB office...

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by dsocioemmy(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Na wa. Even monkeys dey kidnap. Herdsmonkeys grin

8 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by ProJectAnatot(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
You mean bandit Monkeys grin. Lol. What's the definition of wahala again.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Frank150: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bandits monkeys

2 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by FalseProphet1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
I see these monkeys kidnaping Nigerians, I see Lai Mohammed telling Nigerians that it's because we eat them too much that's why they're angry, I see Buhari telling them to repent, I see them repenting, I see the government placing a ban on the killing and eating of monkeys, I see Southerners calling the government's bluff, I see them killing monkeys, I see buhari borrowing $10trillion to build a game reserve for them, I see the north and south uniting to loot the money.

This I have seen.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Segkem2013(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bandit monkeys. Dem don join bad gang.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by bigdammyj: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Seen
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by rentAcock(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
This is just an overreaction, the monkey wanted to adopt the dog like in The Jungle Book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by SecretReporter(f): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Y
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by eluquenson(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Wahala for jungle grin

Geng of monkey bandits and kidnapping, i am sure they originated from Northern Nig-eria

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Endtime

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by henriche(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
End time monkeys

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by ERockson: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
Harm not intended. It appears like lovely adoption
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by EmperorTolson: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
A poor creature that's in love with the puppy
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by calddon(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
Is it that animals are learning from humans or that humans think animals are imitating them?

the worst is yet to come grin

Affordable Gadget Deals on my profile
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by BigDawsNet: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
;Luke 21:28 ►

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

6 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Jolite(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
That's their own fair share of the kidnapping,

While we have fulani kidnappers here in Nigeria.
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Cantonese: 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hahahahahahahaha

Can we also call them herdsmen?
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by BadNews: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Gangs Of Wild Monkeys Kidnapping Cats And Dogs In Malaysia (Pics) by Sunnybay7: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bandit monkey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) / Snakes And Scorpions On Project Site / Woman Wakes To Find This Huge Python On Her Bed In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.