Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Help! I Feel Drained - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! I Feel Drained (900 Views)

Am Frustrated With Life And I Feel Like Giving Up / I feel strange, Seems The Universe is Preparing us for Something big / Help! I Saw The Death Of PHYNO, What Should I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Feel Drained by Lonelychild: 11:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
Good evening nairalanders

I am an only child who share a physical and emotional bond with my mum. We are so close I can go to any length to make her comfortable and happy.
I earn 80k monthly from where I currently work and before I got married I made sure I give her 15k of my salary. She is into petty business that does not fetch much. My dad is very much in the picture but I don’t give him as much cos my mum happens to do most of the breadwinning.
And he works too and still earns little to fend for himself. Most times I give him like 5k which does not come to him as regular as the one I give my mum. From the onset my mum made it clear to me that since she does the breadwinning for the family, it is wise I give her the bulk instead which made sense to me. So every month 15k goes to her account steadily.

Fast forward to last year when I got married and by Gods grace, I had my baby this year. Don’t forget I still work in the same organization. Same pay but more responsibilities. My husband has been supportive as well but things have not been very rosy for him as a business person so most of the times I gats to support from this same salary.
Now the problem is my mum won’t have it when I tell her I need to cut down on her monthly stipends. When I had my baby and she came to stay with me I had to decrease her pay to 10k since she does not have to fend for herself throughout the period of her stay. She grudgingly accepted.
Now just this evening I told her I wanted to send her 8k instead of the initial 10k and all hell was let loose. She sounded so bitter and disappointed in me. I hate it when she feels that way about me but then so many responsibilities staring at me in the face. My baby is there o. It is not every time u will ask a man for money for baby food. Even my dad is there. I shud send something to him as well.

I am just tired!! Pls I need your candid advise. I know i am burdened cos I am the only child. I know and it is draining me already.

Front page please
Re: Help! I Feel Drained by billynoni(m): 11:45pm On Sep 22, 2021
Okay
Re: Help! I Feel Drained by ReneJay(f): 12:31am On Sep 23, 2021
I really feel your pain.

The truth is, your immediate family(hubby and child) comes first. Your mother should understand the situation of things and how the bad economy has devalued your earning.

Continue with whatever amount you can afford to support her.

As for your hubby, is he losing his sh*t or what? Doesn't he know too well to diversify on many streams of income? You may need to talk or slap the sense into him.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Feel Drained by CandyOps(m): 1:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Hmmm. Your mama n papa done live their life almost finish o. Make dem allow u live your life.

Which one be to share 80k salary btw 3 people. If dem no born you nko? Shey dem no go survive?
Re: Help! I Feel Drained by Lonelychild: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2021
ReneJay:
I really feel your pain.

The truth is, your immediate family(hubby and child) comes first. Your mother should understand the situation of things and how the bad economy has devalued your earning.

Continue with whatever amount you can afford to support her.

As for your hubby, is he losing his sh*t or what? Doesn't he know too well to diversify on many streams of income? You may need to talk or slap the sense into him.
thanks for your advise. And no, my hubby isn’t a lazy person. It is just that the economy hasn’t been favorable lately

(1) (Reply)

Strange Penis-like Growth Inside Pawpaw (pictures) / Ebonyi Is Poverty Capital Of Southern Nigeria, Indigenes Fault Buhari's Comments / Hello Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.