Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint (19055 Views)

Maku: Bandits Attack ex-Minister's Residence, Injure 3 Guards. Gov Sule Reacts / Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 In Imo / Gunmen Attack Imo Police Headquarters In Obowo, Kill 2 Policemen, Injure Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Cashio(m): 6:57am On Sep 23, 2021
ajagidiagbo1:
You have not been to the north.

I don't know for now, but I lived in kaduna between late 2011 and early 2015. I can clearly tell you that there are no check points in the north compared to the east. The only check points that they had there were military check points at some places and those military men do not extort transporters.
Now, not exaggerating, from owerri to onitsha, which is a journey of about 1 hour, you will meet about 6-7 check points and drivers drop nothing less than 100 naira at each check point.....I am not exaggerating.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by FreedomArmy: 7:00am On Sep 23, 2021
awa:

To me there is nothing wrong with mounting the checkpoints ONLY IF they are not extorting the Citizens and molesting people who are presumed innocent below the law.

They can mount as many Checkpoints as they want but let them STOP unlawful activities since they are believed to have been hired to enforce the already battered laws.

All in all, this indiscriminate killings do not make sense. The society is gradually sliding into anarchy.
There is everything wrong in mounting checkpoint when the places and people who really need the protection of the police in the north are left to their faith.
You need go to the east and see the terrible condition people are subjected to in those checkpoint,extortion,long line of vehicle waiting to pass the checking points and then they are too numerous to count.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by A1h2m3e4d(m): 7:02am On Sep 23, 2021
There ipob not gunmen, idiots Igbos continue killing your people
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by engrfaruq(m): 7:04am On Sep 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
They will be mounting check points to extort the people

If not for their corrupt practice of mounting illegal checkpoints to collect N20, they won't get so close to anybody talk less of getting caught unawares.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Newton85: 7:05am On Sep 23, 2021
Evaromantik:
Not that i support killing of anyone but these Checkpoints they mount here is not for security reasons, it's for the purpose of extortion. So, they should remove those rubbish
So, in order to curb police extortion, killing policemen is the solution? I hope you turn around to cry "Igbo genocide!" when they start killing you back? You bloody scumbag!
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by engrben25: 7:05am On Sep 23, 2021
we all knows that police are bad but the killings in the south east is getting too much this days and some of this policemen might be easterners
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Ogbuefi2020: 7:08am On Sep 23, 2021
Newton85:
So, in order to curb police extortion, killing policemen is the solution? I hope you turn around to cry "Igbo genocide!" when they start killing you back? You bloody scumbag!
Actually they are the ones that have been killing us and now we are killing them back and you are crying

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by JimmyDarmody: 7:09am On Sep 23, 2021
BiafranOG:
big time criminals I swear.. Its a business venture.. A friend of mine paid 300k just to join police. Nigga is now a big boy on code with big protection
I'm happy for him honestly. I wish I were his friend. He understood how things worked and optimized it. I desire to be in company with cunning men. They only go higher.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Aufbauh(m): 7:09am On Sep 23, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Is that not what the whole country is asking for? Using the people from the community to Police themselves? (Community Policing) instead of sending strangers to other regions to oppress people that are not their kinsmen? Some of you guys really don’t read the plight of others.

Secondly, there are checkpoints in the north, yet Kindapping and banditry is constant daily, what are the policemen at the check points doing while those kidnapped are being transported?

Seems you don't understand how policemen are deployed across the country.
Apart from Abuja and Lagos, policemen are deployed majorly to their geopolitical zones or region.
I can bet that 70% of those policemen killed in the SE are Igbos.

This Northern obsession with you guys is something else. Anyway you can face them. However there are check points in other places across still it doesn't stop crime. So save me the selective case study.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by DonG8: 7:11am On Sep 23, 2021
The police should die?... A dedicated officer who does his job honestly is only doing God's work..we all must agree that in the world we are in today evil has overcome good.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by McTobe(m): 7:13am On Sep 23, 2021
My brother if those police check points are all dismounted and there are no policemen out there me and you cannot drive that road in peace o. While I agree that Police can misbehave but we cannot throw the child away with the bad water.
McAustin92:
Why Dem go dey mount Checkpoints everywhere, especially when it comes to South East and South South, why same shit not reciprocated in the North??
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by McTobe(m): 7:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Triumph of evil over good can only be temporal
DonG8:
The police should die?... A dedicated officer who does his job honestly is only doing God's work..we all must agree that in the world we are in today evil has overcome good.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Aurelius1(m): 7:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Las las na innocent people dem go arrest na dem be the culprits.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by samsard(m): 7:17am On Sep 23, 2021
McAustin92:
Why Dem go dey mount Checkpoints everywhere, especially when it comes to South East and South South, why same shit not reciprocated in the North??
Granted that a lot of people say there are less checkpoints in the north. But this is basically a lie. There are checkpoints at many hotspots in the north. Even in Abuja, there are checkpoints in strategic places. You don't have to come up with an excuse for the murder of policemen.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by DonG8: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2021
IN NIGERIA WE ONLY GLORIFY EVIL. WHAT HAS THE POLICE DONE?.. EVERY NIGERIA IS NATURALLY JEALOUS AND ENVIOUS AND WICKED
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by vickydevoka(m): 7:19am On Sep 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
. east own too much
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Newton85: 7:19am On Sep 23, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:

Actually they are the ones that have been killing us and now we are killing them back and you are crying
Whether I'm crying or not, when they start killing your cretins like ants, don't turn around to cry to CNN, BBC, Tlump, Neranyahu that there's "Igbo massacre" going on. We sabi una, you'll soon start wailing.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by yahmohy27: 7:20am On Sep 23, 2021
McAustin92:
Go to Maiduguri , Zamfara , Katsina, Kaduna etc to see scheming point.
You guys are just making noise as if you are everywhere
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by PIMPAR: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2021
Like Boko Haram like Taliban like IPoB bastard terrorist
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by yahmohy27: 7:22am On Sep 23, 2021
ajagidiagbo1:
You have not been to the north.

Don't mind the childish behaviour of these our nairalanders here

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by LokoH(m): 7:23am On Sep 23, 2021
zoghys:

And the next thing is for them to be killed abi, just because they are taking bribe when they see your leaders siphoning with reckless abandonment from the general purse and still get praised by the masses they stole from. Smh
Irritating. Yoruba love endorsing vices
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by KaluwisxPRO: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2021
Aufbauh:

Seems you don't understand how policemen are deployed across the country.
Apart from Abuja and Lagos, policemen are deployed majorly to their geopolitical zones or region.
I can bet that 70% of those policemen killed in the SE are Igbos.

This Northern obsession with you guys is something else. Anyway you can face them. However there are check points in other places across still it doesn't stop crime. So save me the selective case study.

Don’t come here to spew trash. If the posting of Police is public knowledge, then provide a link to that effect, otherwise keep quiet, And stop crying more than the bereaved.

In a country of over 200million people you think you’re the only one privy to the Ethnics of the NPF in posting, yet cannot provide a record to show how they’re posted. The Police is a public service, therefore their duties are not supposed to be shredded in secrecy apart from investigations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by cardoctor(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2021
Everyday new deaths. God help us.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by lanocfoods: 7:25am On Sep 23, 2021
They should stop extortion on checkpoints in the south east
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by LokoH(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2021
DeHorus:
Hello good people of nairaland I got posted to Enugu North and seriously looking for accommodation. I will appreciate anyone who can help me secure accommodation or atleast a place to stay throughout my service year. Thank you all
Uchu gba gi there.
Na dSS o

People's Enemy
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by PIMPAR: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2021
Fahdiga:

I thought it's DSS that does masquerade as ESN?

Shame una no get
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by ANON333: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2021
If dem comot the checkpoints and bandits takeover na still people go complain say "for long road like this, no security post". Nigerian police get issues but no be only dem.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by LokoH(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2021
Newton85:
We want them to resume the genocide now. We aren't lilly livered. Olori buruku are e

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Lastanza: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2021
I think that there are two things in one here. Police check points are not entirely bad but there has been this long time outcry about police extortion in the East

Even Ahmed Isah has said it several times that policemen before now bribe their way to be posted to the South East because of what they will get there.

There is only a limit to which you can push a people and they will revolt and I blame the police for not protecting themselves enough at check points because these things keep happening over and over again and they don't change their strategy.
And for a truth they are not there for any security. Anything from 5-6pm they jump from their hiding unto the road for evening hustle at every 500 metre stretch

To the police, there is an end to every hustle. Since your hustle has been busted at least drop the hustle

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Aganju849: 7:45am On Sep 23, 2021
elmessiahs:
In Nigeria, this one of the worse period to be a police officer especially in the south eastern part of the country

Let them go about their legal duties instead of extorting bribes from the people and they might be just fine.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Hotzone(m): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2021
Killed three not two

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts Colos Consignment In Boxing Kits On New Year Day / Nurse Arrested For Helping Pregnant Girls Sell Their Babies In Rivers / Abducted Greenfield University Students Regain Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.